Posts by AxelKay

Exactly what I've been thinking about the end use of the kpa... don't get hype'd by the name of the profile, just use your ears and find some profiles that don't suck and someone who can really make those perfect profiles for you. Glad you took that path Sacha, can't wait to see what's coming next!

that's exactly what I thought from the beginning but apparently I've been misled by something I read somewhere where someone "had to upgrade to the highest end " interface because he started having vst performance and latency issues; now I am aware that the 6i6 doesn't have the lowest latency but thanks for confirming!

Hey guys.
    I currently own a 6i6 f*ckusrite 1st gen for rec/mixing at home (win10pro, 64gb ram, latest i7 6core) and I need to know if I should be looking at a new interface because I've been "expanding" my tracks and aax/vst instances a lot lately. My question is that until now I thought it was all about cpu and ram for daw and plugins to run smoothly; so is vst performance interface based???
    As a note, I only track the kpa via spdif and a sm7b for vocals (not simultaneously ) so number of inputs is definitely my last concern.

and once again, we do a fellow kemperer a favor by just expressing our feelings on certain 3rd party stuff. We're all free here to review profiles from an unbiased perspective. They're no kpa authority, not the best around, very expensive, kind of useless and last but not least. ..stay away from the bulb bundle, it sounds nothing like it's supposed to be.

Now that they have the black Friday sale, I was considering getting their complete pack...but... recently I came to a conclusion that I've spent A LOT on commercial profiles, only to find myself playing with only a couple. I'm actually interested in their uber and 6505 profiles only and I was wondering if they're worth the €60. Yes, I'd rather pay €20 for one or two profiles I'd proudly and confidently use for recording rather than paying €15 for 100 unusable ones (makes sense right)?

ok so I just asked the owner at klanggeist studios who did a couple of YouTube videos using the packs and told me that 81's were used for tracking. I tried 81's and bkp's and got nowhere near close enough to decent. Apparently the engineer is waaaay better than me and I am just a client who expects quality as I pay for something well advertised right out of the box.

the only reason I bought the complete bulb bundle was a couple of YouTube videos posted on another thread here on djent tones and I loved the mixreadyness. Sadly so far everything sounds far from what I listened to. Wish I could get the money back. Seriously!

got the bulb bundle...previewed the profiles for half an hour or less and so far I'm disappointed with wasting the cash. I could be wrong though because I didn't take the time to actually compare them and stick with the one(s) I like, but with my gear everything sounds cheapish and muddy.

I have more than a dozen guitars. Most of them are custom made (baritones, 7,8,9strings, standards..) with bkp's and my own company's pickups.
    I switched to the kpa last year just because I couldn't keep on playing tubes they way they're supposed to be played, at home.
    The tones I'm after in general are Periphery and for metalcore anything from we came as Romans to killswitch and pretty much from this genre..