Posts by AxelKay

...."teh Djent" stuff...

Since I realize we're speaking the same language musically. .. must have: tonehammer's OS pack, lenny, 6534. ORiGIN's Archon and Uber (THE best around), MentaL's Kraken.
    I don't like sinmix's stuff either but the ones mentioned above are a MUST have for djent. Also consider using a nice physical OD in front of the kpa with the drive all the way to zero and also try reducing the gain/drive of any given profile a notch (depending on your guitar among a few other things). I got baritones,8strings and 9string and I am very pleased.

Exactly. .. I was worried at first by reading his description but MentaL is completely wrong! The Kraken is INSANELY good!
    I still haven't played around enough with the sigX though.
    Also some time next month I'll be launching my custom pickup company which will be mainly focused on pickups for djent. After a long research and design which is different than PAFs, I think I have something veeeeery interesting in my hands that will help players struggling to achieve that kind of tones.

Hello guys.
    I've been experiencing two problems with Rig manager since day one upon purchasing the toaster non powered version and adding commercial profiles.
    As you can see in the attached screenshot, I keep deleting all the factory rigs from " My Profiler" (shown in the green box) except the ones I've purchased and they keep re-appearing over and over whenever I fire up the kpa. The worst part is that every time I open rig manager, they are syncing again but are not accessible !!! (some times the process takes a few seconds and other times it takes up to a few minutes). How can I completely get rid of them?
    Lastly, (shown in the red box) some profiles are not accessible while previewing them in the rig manager and cause the kpa to crash!!! That has happened to a few random purchased profiles and I know I haven't deleted them by accident or anything. Those profiles work fine if I browse directly from the kpa (while rig manager is closed). I've tried deleting those and re-uploading but the problem persists.
    Any ideas?
    Thanks! :thumbup:

SOLVED!!!!

OK!, so.....apparently going through the system settings on the device let's you delete everything (sadly I lost all my favorites and edited profiles).
    As for the corrupted profiles, if you simply press store on the kpa.....it re-stores the corrupted profile! weird or what? (remember NOT to access your corrupted profile via the rig managed but directly on the kpa)

No no no. I got the kraken sounding like heaven! !! I can't remember right now which profiles I use but will edit the post tomorrow afternoon. I was referring to the sig x.
    As far as the Kraken goes, I remember lowering the gain significantly and used a protone OD in front of it as a boost (full vol.,tone 3 o'clock, distortion to zero)

EDIT: It's the M05 and M08

I would never buy stolen profiles even for a couple of cents. I want profilers to keep doing what they do so I can continue getting my hands on tones I really need for my music and also have a relationship with them aftersales as I already do. I don't think any of us here would do such a thing to you anyways.

I also prepurchased the pack right after I got the kraken and so far the five profiles sound a bit harsh and a tad muddy but I only messed around with them for a few minutes. I hope that there will be a few brighter, tight and "in your face" profiles once we receive the full pack.

Hey guys.
    I'm selling my vh4 (2004 model) for 1850€ shipped to Europe and UK.
    It comes with matched jj's replaced last December (got a KPA on January ) and an extra set of jj e34l's.
    Let me know if you have any questions.
    Cheers!

Stupid question but I was wondering if pluging and unpluging guitars while the kpa is on would damage the unit in any way. This of course comes from tubes where you have to put the amp on a standby state if an instrument isn't connected.
    Thanks

How do you like the savage drive? I used mine on your uberschall for the clip i made a ways back. Big fan - i only wish i had a 2nd kpa to bake it into profiles

I'm using a Misha OD attack in front of the unboosted profiles and seriously after 20+ years of playing I finally nailed my dream tones for the first time.

Ok, great to know.
    Can't wait for the info on the profiles used
    Wow, I think I just found the exact tones I was looking for my entire life!
    Great job Mago!

Bear with me. .. I'm new to this. ...
    Can those DI/ merged profiles be used as studio profiles?
    Is there any specific way to achieve this?
    Also could you tell us which profiles did you use for the uber/archon combination clip? Great tone!!!!!!!!