Posts by thegibster97

Lol I too have played gigs where the sound guy is the audience lol. It's happened when I'm still or slightly moving. Seems to be only happening on stage. And it doesn't happen right away. Seems to happen after an hour or so on stage. I'm going to try moving the back monitor and see if it occurs. Thanks!

are you using the powered output into the monitor? Also when doing this do you feel any heat coming off the kemper? Mine would heat up pretty bad when using a passive cab after about an hour into practice at high volumes. If I remember cutting the low frequencies helped stop the weird phaser effect for me. Also I remember it only being certain notes that would cause it. If it is the vibration of components inside then maybe putting a layer of foam underneath it may help

I forgot to ask is the kemper sitting on top of the monitor?

Hey man I've had this same thing happen to me at really high volumes through a 4x12 with the kemper sitting on top. I think mine was a heating problem but I've also heard of the bass from the speaker rattles the kemper enough some of the components inside vibrate causing that weird noise. Idk the validity of it but it might be too much bass. I switched to a 2x12 and haven't experienced it since

I just got the Peavey Invective cab which is misha mansoors signature cab for the matching head and it sounds great. I agree on the v30s and creambacks being a great combo. It's very well built and lighter than I thought it would be probably because it's made from pine instead of birch. As far as I can tell it's pretty versatile when being used with all different types of DI and merged amp profiles

This is kinda late to this post but if you're willing to go 2x12 I recently bought a peavey invective cab which is misha mansoors sig cab and it sounds killer with every di and merged profile I put through it. It's a v30 and a 75 watt creamback and they fit each other so well. If you can find one to try out I recomend it

Sorry for the late reply but I too have the firehawk and I found the best way to get a w/d/w connection to it is to do the following

Connect the monitor out or direct out (set to "stack")of the kpa into the fx mono effect return of the firehawk.

Connect the left and right main output (set to delay/reverb only) of the kpa into the monitor ins of the firehawk.

Make sure the firehawk patch is blank except for a fx loop block and adjust the gain within the app and using the gain knob for the monitor ins accordingly to get the right balance of wet and dry

Hey guys I just saw the replies and I want to say that they will work well in a band practice if the band isn't loud and uses distortion. I tried using it in a metal band and I just couldn't get it loud enough without clipping. I mainly use it for at home practice and as a monitor for our drummer in tricky live situations

Hey guys I'm new to the forum here so excuse me if I do something wrong. I was wondering if a Yamaha dxr10 is loud enough to be in a low tuned metal band and compete with another guitarist using a 4x12. Im mostly worried about the low end since I play an 8 string even though I don't use the lowest string much. I'm also wondering if a dxr12 is better for my application

This might be a little late but I have a laney irt-x as my frfr cab. It works very well with the kemper and I think it will suit you well for a low level active cab. It also has an effect loop and takes 1/4 inch, xlr, speaker load, and even aux. the eq controls work well too and should be used because it's a little bassy with the eq at zero. I also use mine to make direct profiles since it attenuates the signal from the speaker out of an amp. I'm going to buy a second one soon to get a stereo sound.