Posts by schreckmusic

Find someone who plays and records metal using the Kemper that has a tone you like. Ask them the guitar, pickups tuning and string gauge. Listen to how they pick. The closer your technique and guitar setup is to the person who created the profile = better results.

Dont blame the interface.

Yea, the tone was weird -- like something a mod wrote, but still not clear enough for me to realize it was some mod edit. So I assumed it was you "warning" people about soudcloud or something, considering discussion in the other blind test thread. Surely it could have been made clearer what this edit was, at least to my perception of things.

If my tone sounds odd / weird or like complete dog shit. Thats on me and not soundcloud. I will never get better making excuses. This is why it bothers me, as I would not post a disclaimer like this.

It's probably good policy to start putting up files imo along with tests, at least seems to me. And possibly this was a quick way to let users know about it, downside being forum software not knowing the difference between one "kind" of soundcloud audio vs another (say kemper vs amp vs other cases).

You thought I wrote it correct? Thats the problem, there should be no confusion as to who wrote it on my posts.

"About Soundcloud's audio quality:

In most cases, Soundcloud uses a bandwidth of only 128 kbps. As a result, what you hear isn't free of artefacts, especially the high end. For critical listening and also product comparison, please keep that in mind. Users who setup a comparison should use linear wave files and supply dropbox links."

Look around the forum. Its after soundcloud links on post.

** This is not my opinion and should not be put on my posts as if I wrote it

Cederick here it is with some post EQ

Moderator Notice:

In most cases, Soundcloud uses a bandwidth of only 128 kbps. As a result, what you hear isn't free of artefacts, especially the high end. For critical listening and also product comparison, please keep that in mind. Users who setup a comparison should use linear wave files and supply dropbox links.

Interestingly enough I had made profile for sevenfold tracks for friend's covers band a few weeks ago.

May do a quick playthrough of this track and post to compare it to yours when can , if I remember, which I won't.

I like the tone here for sure. It's got some of the character you expect to hear from sevenfold.

Is it all Kemper profile or kemper plus external IR loader?

If you know the frequencies that the Kemper favors, its easy to fool people.

I guessed wrong in this thread as most did. Granted if the OP could have been more transparent and said the Kempers settings were adjusted. Some might have 'guessed' differently. But great job man!

Tips for less high end in profiles (when creating the profile); lower the amps presence. If there is a OD pedal, lower the tone and/or the level. When the Kemper runs its pulses during profiling, the increasing amplitude pushes your power amp. The end result is a profile with higher definition. And in some cases excess bass. The kempers profiling ability of the power amp is its weakest point. Its more evident for metal players.

Thanks man!

Mine is single right and left. Theirs is quad tracked and in certain sections layered even more. Maybe 3-4 guitars per side. Plus I didnt use any post EQ or reverb.

Short snippet of a new profile I created based on A7X. Only post FX was a limiter for slight volume, rest is all Kemper.

My vibrato is absolutely horrible. This is more for tone and not my shitty playing 8o

Les Paul with JB pickups, Ernie Ball Skinny Top heavy bottom 10-52 strings, tuned to dropped D

Moderator Notice:

In most cases, Soundcloud uses a bandwidth of only 128 kbps. As a result, what you hear isn't free of artefacts, especially the high end. For critical listening and also product comparison, please keep that in mind. Users who setup a comparison should use linear wave files and supply dropbox links.

I myself never seen an IR that sounded the same when converted to kemper format, doesn't matter how long,

There was an issue that has been recently fixed. When disabling a kemper cab there was a driver that was still running that was not supposed to.

Kemper with a disabled cab into external IR loader was not the same as converted IR loaded into the same kemper profile. The driver in the first instance changed the frequency response. This info was posted by CK in Bommels post about IRs. Of course my memory is shit and I could be completely wrong though