Posts by schreckmusic

Guess I'm used to other vsts (Superior Drummer) and every other plugin that's single click. Glad it's working and I'll post something soon with it.

I was thinking of buying this but if it's got a weird interface where you have to do incredibly hard, unguessable things like double click - forget it!!

:D

I have tons of plugins and this is the only one you have to double click. But yeah, I'm smart as a monkey. 8o

Spoke with support and they had it working in 2 seconds in a remote session. I asked "what the hell did you do?" His response "double clicked on the kit". JESUS I am so friggin STUPID! I was single clicking!!!!!! It was working the entire time, dumb me just needed to click one more time!!!!! Go ahead monkey and ash, let me have it!

Still no email response or call from Slate support. I tell you one thing, if it's this hard getting support they will get 0 of my business in the future!

On a different note, Kemper support is great!

Not sure about Reaper but it n Pro Tools I have to arm the track to record in order to hear the sounds. Maybe try that if you haven't.

One of many things I tried, the samples are not even loading.

Thanks for all the suggestions so far guys.

I've done it all man, former IT person of 7 years. Hopefully it is something stupid and not my windows 10

@Monkey_Man Thanks for the list Nicky, I did not load all the expansions yet but everything is in place. First thing I checked was the sound library folder and the contents, I have all the samples. They are just not loading. Contacted support early on friday, they replied, I replied early, never heard back. All he asked for was a screen shot of the 2 paths, I was a little annoyed by such a basic question when I already provided everything in detail to them in the first place. Guess I have to wait until monday, pretty pissed off that you have to schedule a call back for support.

I spent hours last night trying to get this installed. I followed the directions and extracted the rar just as they explained (right click on 1 and extract here) I watched the extraction and it went through all the Rar files as expected. Moved the folder into my documents, Installed SSD4, which appears to just install the .dll files into the vst folders. Opened up my daw (reaper), opened the ssdsampler, entered the path of the folder and did the same for the license.

The names of the kits are there but I do not hear any sound and it does not appear the samples are loading. Any ideas? I even downloaded the rar files again this morning and did it over. Still not loading but the kit names are there.

I am going to get around to installing the SSD4 with Chris Lord Alge, Terry Date and David Bendeth expansions tonight that I bought a few days ago.
    Any suggestions where to start? Any cool settings or kits to check out first for rock?

For them knowing what sound to use for each song is where pre-production comes into play. Alot of bands i record don't do this even though i recommend it, it can make a hell of a difference to the final out come when you record. I must check out this reel to reel slash thing it sounds interesting

Theres no real insight in the reel to reel, more entertainment. I just watched it over and over to see if I could find any secret goodies. Watch the video from this point and watch the upper right-hand corner

https://youtu.be/D5099zkMZL0?t=13m26s

[Blocked Image: https://snag.gy/nbE1dW.jpg]