Posts by schreckmusic

@vizoo, it might help but it's more of a drum tuning problem , I wasn't aware of these problems until a few years ago, but my wife has a perfect ear and taught me about these rare issues.

Lets say you play a song a given tonality , E for instance , and the drums are tuned in B (if it ever makes sense) , there is a mismatch in the whole rendering , that 's what I'm hearing on your track, not a major issue , your track is great. BTW , what did you use for that thick lead tone ?

Anyone hearing these slight tuning problems or it's my brain ??? ... insane in the main brain :)

You're ears are definitely more developed then mine! I always thought a cool snare sound works for any tuning. What you are saying does make complete sense. How did your wife teach you? I'd like to learn this too.

@waraba Maybe what you are thinking is how the drums are EQed in the mix?

Examples;
    Kick has a click EQ tone instead of boom
    Snare has a snap EQ and compression tone

Both of those EQ types are typically found in metal and less in hard rock like the example. Thats where it might sound off to your ears.

The image was a screen shot of LL complaining about Sinmix on FB. Saying how he advertises on anything online that has kemper. Nothing that crazy really. My guess is that the mods here want to keep this drama off of the forum.

Your tune sounds very FF. Dig it!

This is something I tried a couple of years ago with mixed results. If you're scratching your head and have no idea what we are talking about in the 3-4k range, these video will explain it.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

All the suggestions above are great but just to be clear, none of them address the 3-4K range. It would be impossible for kemper to have a magic button for this as it changes with amp,mic,mic placement. Almost all the comments above relate to 10k and above, that's not what the post was about.

Yeah, it's way too low to affect what these guys are talking about here.

I hear it too - just a little weight missing in action.

Whenever I hear this 'though, such as in A/B comparison videos, I always imagine the sounds in a mix and the negligible differences become redundant.

Its amazing as musicians how picky we have become with our mixes! My wife often asks me after I am in my office playing guitar for hours "how did it go?" Either I am completely disgusted with how my mix sounds or somewhat happy (until I listen to the mix the next day, then I am disgusted again). Then her typical reply is "Why don't you just play guitar and not record?" Thats a good question!

I am running these 3 pedals in my FX loop X

MXR Reverb
    MXR Chorus
    MXR 10 Band EQ

Does the order of them in the loop matter? Currently I have it as Chorus->Reverb->EQ -> Then I was thinking should I not color the other pedals with the EQ pedal? Run the EQ first? Any suggestions/experiences?

I noticed a slight hiss and I pressed the ground button on the "Input Return". There was a loud hum so I turned it off right away. Now my FX loop in X is not working. Turned the Kemper off, unplugged it, plugged it back in and turned it back on. Loop still not working. I switched the X to something else, then back to Loop, still not working. Any ideas?