Posts by schreckmusic

Tom Abraham has run FOH for a who's who of rock and metal legends for decades. He knows what he's talking about. So when he says that the Kemper is the best modeler/profiler sonically but that all of them are inferior to a tube amp in the mix, I'd listen to him.

And he's not just talking about frequency response and "EQ". There's also compression and transient response at various frequencies and how those things affect the ability of the guitar to cut through the mix even though they may "sound" identical.

He's not dumping on modelers, or profilers. He's just describing his experience, which he admits completely surprised him. He thought the guitars sounded IDENTICAL when isolated, but for some reason they disappeared in the mix.

True but modelers are getting better and better. Who knows what 2019 will bring

please continue to posts requests here. at this stage, we'll not be able to comment on every aspect - not everything is set in stone and this will be the first editor release. but keep commenting, it shows us what's important to you.

Do we have the ability to move the X loop to the front? I'd love to reamp with pedals in SPDIF.

Sorry I did not mean to create a debate on here. My thoughts were if they released a new feature that would be the easy way to include an encryption. It would only affect new profiles.

Sure there are thousands and thousands of profiles out there. But some of us ,myself included ,will always be chasing tone and looking for new profiles.

No one knows exactly how the Kemper camp will react to this plugin. But my guess is that doing nothing is not an option.

I was thinking early on that they are not actually reading the kpir but loading it into a Kemper and sending their "profiling" signal through to read the profile.

You might be right. Maybe they are eluding to that you can profile the Kemper using their plugin. Its like a "hint" wink wink nod nod kind of thing.

Who knows.

I went down the same route with tone matching years ago. 2 probs with it.

1. If your gain saturation is not the same as the recording it might sound the same but its not.

2. Prob the biggest issue. You are replicating a tone from a finished mix. It has mastering FXs on it. In the end this adds in a ton of issues for your own personal mix. Sure it works great in the track you are matching from, but thats it. Chances are you will be trying to mix the rest of the tracks to match the guitar. Its a losing battle.

Just my 2 cents based on my limited experience trying it. If you are tone matching an un-mastered guitar track, thats perfect.

Latest test with TMS V25 MF4 IV.2. Lots of post FX

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Just downloaded it and did a quick reamp test. Each verse there is a new right and left. I sorted the profiles descending from the highest gain.

1st left is the 1st profile.

1st right is the 2nd profile. Then 2nd left is the 3rd, 2nd right is the 4th,etc...

No tweaking, straight loaded the profiles

I dig the 2 profiles at :36-:52

Left: TMS V25 M30 IV.2

Right: TMS V25 MF4 IV.2

(Commenting on soundcloud is not working for me at the moment. I would have listed the profiles)

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

I wonder how these plugs differ from the Benson profiles? PhilX sure perked up when he heard the Bogner @5:28 lmao!

External Content www.youtube.com

I do not have the Benson profiles but its not comparing apples to apples. Kemper is a snapshot of the current signal chain of who made the profile. You do not have the ability to adjust the tone stack EQ or gain.

With the plugin Tonality, you are in control. I'm kind of burnt out on Kemper profiles, I need more control.

Nice one, man! Thank you! :P

Thanks man. I actually hate how this sounds and The Nameless plugin in general.

Now the STL Tonality plugin is absolutely awesome. Unfortunately I am not having any luck making a profile with it. I highly recommend checking out the free trial for it.