Posts by DML

Take this in consideration:
    1. In-Ears and headphones are not subject to change by the environment they are used in. If you use them in a room, a hall, on a stage, they will always sound the same.
    2. Your computer- and/ or recording monitors are always in the same room, hearing distance is always (more or less) the same. Therefore the sound is always the same.
    3. DXR's (or CLR's or any wedge you like) are first of all wedges, not cabs, so they will never sound like a cab. Furthermore I don't think you use them always in the same room or stage, nore same position, nore same listening distance and angle. So they are 100% subject to change in opposit to your in-Ears and monitors.

Maybe you'll have to accept that you use your headphones and monitors for reference and use your DXR (or any other wedge) just for facilitate your guitarsound.
    Or go for a cab-like FRFR solution.

I went through 3 speakers (and A nightmare with Atomics customer service) before I got to the FR212 and it just ticked all the boxes.

My preferred method would be the FR212 Otherwise I prefer using a regular cab over a coaxial speaker and have bought a Zilla Fatboy 212 to use as the FR212 is a bit big for my apartment.

When I'm back from holidays I will start my next experiment: 1x12 cab with a Beyma 12GA50 speaker in it. This is not a coaxial speaker but a so called Whizzer cone. Frequency response starts at 70 Hz to 17 kHz so on paper it's pretty FRFR, for human ears it is FRFR.

If you are willing to spend and want something similar to a cabinet that delivers the clarity of a FRFR solution I would say don't go for the CLR or the Q12 or the Yamaha or anything like that. They do not resemble a cab in any way. They are speakers, not cabs. They do not push air, they do not thump like a cab does.

The Friedman ASC-12 is meant to be similar to a traditional cab but I have not tried it.

The Matrix FR212 is exactly like a cab. It has oomph, thump, pushes air and is exactly what you'd want behind you when playing live.

You're right. Even if the DXR10 is almost a common solution, it still is a PA-solution / monitor / wedge. Do NOT expect a cab-like feel, do NOT approach it as a cab. At the end it's all a matter of taste but you can prevent disappointment by another mindset before buying something like a DXR or everything else that is like a wedge.
    It's all that simple: is it a cab? No? 99 to 100 it will not sound like a cab :)

Well, if she aks "Why three speakers, you already have two?", you can answer "Well, my dear, it's so obvious, three is better than two!"
    Would she buy that from you? :D

For more wind blowing around your knees you could ad one DXS12!! Imagine, two DXR10's left and right in front of you, in stereo and one DXS12 in mono behind you.

This from an interview with CK in 2011:
    The global sampling rtate is 44.1 kHz, while the internal sampling rate is partially much higher. The algorithm for the tube simulation runs on more than 700 kHz sampling rate (!).
    Enough HD? :D

44.1 kHz at 16 bit defines a frequency bandwith of 20 to 20.000 Hz. A guitarspeaker, and therefore a mic'ed (or profiled) guitarsound almost never exceeds 7 kHz. Why would you need "HD" anyway? And what means HD? Not much more than a acronym Line6 took over from television technology and made it a hype :)
    When it comes to listening music we all listen to mp3 on our smartphones or at home streaming by Spotify. We've all accepted the MP3 format, which is a huge departure from CD quality.
    But when it comes to guitarsound we must have the best of the best AD-DA converters, the highest possible samplingrate, the highest possible bitrate, the best audiophile cables and so on. Please, can someone tell me why??
    And when we have the best of the best of the best, we've made a recording with the best digital equipment.......... And when the product is finished, we listen to it in what format?? Yes, mp3.

I'm curious, you say the DXR colors a bit. What is your benchmark according to the most "flat sound" you're hearing. Is it your headphones? In that case it's a wake up call, you'll never find a speaker that sounds like your headphones. Never ever.

If it doesn't capture chime, than that's a shortcoming of your own Profiling-technique, not of Kemper's.

In the end there is not much amp history. Let's be honest, tube amps are nothing but innovative. Tube technology is more than half a century old. More or less, a handful of tube amps made a benchmark:
    - Marshall JMP and/ or SLP
    - Marshall JCM800
    - Fender Twin
    - Vox AC30
    - Mesa Dual Rectifier

Once in a while there's a hype of some new amp. In the 90's there was Soldano (Marshall-based). Mesa began with modifying Fender amps. Now we have Splawn and Friedman, both Marshall-based. Morgan amps - Vox-based. And so on.

I've had a Mesa Triple Recto for about 10 years, no other amps in between. On Kemper since 1,5 years and sold my Mesa this January. So the Mesa is the benchmark, by means of time. Since the Kemper no urges for other amps, still going strong.
    I have to admit I've still got two Mesa Thiele cabs (EVM12L) "in the closet", these will never (never say never) be sold. If I ever going back to "normal" amps, I don't have to bother to find the best guitarcabs ever made, i.m.h.o.

Well, it can be irritating.

I think it's more irritating that someone starts a new thread about this issue (and of course the editor request.....), seems like the topicstarter hasn't used the search function.

I really don't care it blinks once in a while, I have to focus on my performance, not on the leds of my Remote.

OMG, you really have got AWG26!! I didn't know they would still be available in 2017. A normal/ standard quality, non-Alibaba Cat.5(e) is at least AWG24.

No, if you use one or more cables between Kemper and Remote, you must not exceed a total length of 10 meter (minimal AWG24).
    So if you are using the Kemper cable (7,5 m.), you can use another patchcable which has a length of 2,5 m. max, and is minimal AWG24.

Again, don't use AWG26 at all!!! Use AWG24 or lower. And in all cases: don't exceed a total length of 10 m.