Posts by DML

Furthermore check the diameter of the cores, you can find this on most cables on the cable itself, it is printed i.e. "UTP Category 5 AWG24....... and so on".
    It's about the number after "AWG". How lower the number, the thicker the cores are. So a AWG22 has thicker cores than a AWG24.
    If you're using for instance a AWG26 (most unlikely), you better get rid of that cable :)

Just tested the line up with another ehternet cable I had at home. On this one the cable said "cat5e". When I connected the remote with the kemper............... to ............ directly connecting the kemper with the remote with this cable shows up the known problems, the functionality with the new cable directly connected was normal..
    Very strange...

As far as I understand you have had in the situation above the original Kemper cable between connection and Remote and another cable between Kemper and connection.
    How long is the Total cable length? Because if it exceeds 10 meter, you will have the same issues as described before.
    Kemper's advise is in this kind of situations to use a PoE switch.

Yes, both will do the job.
    I've had the same issue a month ago but for me it wasn't the patchcable, it was the main cable from Ethercon connection to Remote. Strange thing was that when I tested this cable with my LAN-tester all wires were OK. But as soon as I plugged it in between Rack and Remote, the Remote initially started up and after a few moments it died. New cable - problem solved.

To me this concept is completely new. As we play Classic Rock the traditional way. But it is an interesting approach completely different from what I know.

bbb

Wow!! In top-100-coverbands this is a very common aproach, for many years now. And not only for coverbands. A lot of metalbands are playing this way.

We've played with a drummer who had his very expensive Mapex kit triggered with a Roland TD-30. That drummodule is sounding awesome and behaves like an acoustic kit, i.e. if you hit a tom, the other toms are "rumbling" a bit, like for real. Of course this is a setting that's not mandatory.

I hear an 8 inch woofer is a bare minimum so it's closest to a cab. I'm looking for suggestions and figure this is the best place to ask this question. I'm exhausted from google searches with no clear answer. Cheers.

Of course there is no clear answer. First it might be thoughtful to give an estimated budget. Second, and maybe most important, it's a matter of taste. Some prefer (budget wise) KRK, some prefer Yamaha, some prefer Adam, some prefer Alesis. And so on.
    Best thing to do is go to a musicshop and listen to some different monitors within your budget. And then choose the ones you like best.

Having no stage sound is the best idea ever. First of all, as far as I understand the above, you're all using IEM so If there would be any stage sound, you wouldn't hear it anyway.
    Second, I think your soundengineer will be very pleased with no stage sound.

Great!!

When playing live, stereo effects are only for your own pleasure and maybe for some musicians in the audience. 99% of the audience will not notice the difference between a i.e. stereo and mono chorus or between a single or ping pong delay.

DML, yes, absolutely… I have heard those are amazing but theyre way out of my 'willing to spend' price range…
    I would love to have a pair!

Are you using a wireless beltpack with your IEM's? If you do so and it is a Sennheiser G3, you can adjust the EQ on the transmitter. So you don't have to mess around on the Kemper's settings.

thanks @ancientmariner - that sounds reassuring!

On a sidenote: the new Altos (TS210 & TS212) seem to get great reviews with the Kemper. Has anyone compared them with the DXR10s side by side? (sorry for hijacking - was just curious)
    The low price is a bit worrying to me as I cannot imagine a quality product given such a low price.

Yep, I did. Compared the DXR10 with the TS210. The Alto doesn't come close at all. Yes, it's cheaper and yes, it sounds cheap.

Just my two cents: I own two DXR10's and they sound (in stereo) awesome. I've also experimented with a "home made" coaxial cab - a Laney IRT112 with a Éminence Beta 12CX + ASD1001 + 2k5 cross over - same setup as Xitone. If you want a cab-like feel, don't go for the DXR's. Why? 'Cause they're intended to be used as a wedge or as a small PA so they are not "beaming" like a guitarcab. It is just another way of approaching.
    I'm about to do another experiment. Once again with a 1x12 cab but this time with a Beyma 12GA50 - which is a so called Whizzer cone, it almost has the same frequency response of a coaxial solution so I'm very curious how that would turn out.

Common, you can not compare a PA with three, maybe a four-way filtered speakersystem to a single driver, universal fit IEM. If you want really great IEM-sound you have to move to Custom mold IEM's with at least two drivers.