Posts by DML

Yeah, no planes. ;) Just in and out of car. So I don't actually need to carry it far in the bag. The toaster spends more time on the floor in the bag/on a stand/on my desk than actually carrying-time. Luckily. :)

So what's the point of walking one extra time back and forth to your car, to pick up the toaster (carrying with the handle instead of the shoulderstrap), just to be really safe?

If you want to carry around equipment, worth € 2500,-, well protected, put it in a compact flightcase. Simple as that. A flightcase is the best protection. I've never used shoulderstraps because in 99% they are flimsy.

I've asked myself this question too, past year. Until last week I've had (yes, HAD) a Mesa Triple Rectifier + Recto 4x12 for almost 10 years. I've made some profiles with different mic's that sound pretty amazing to my ears. So after some real headaching, heartattacks and stressful moments, I've sold my Mesa set......... and ordered a second Kemper rack with a Synq 1K0 poweramp. Next buy will be a pair of nice wedges or a pair of 1x12" cabs that will be loaded with Eminence Beta 12CX and ASD1001....... I think my back will be very happy because of the weight and compactness of this set.

Very, very nice!! I was planning to build a FRFR 2x12" speakercab with the same speaker line up as you've used but this looks very appealing to me.
    Besides, I guess the IRT112 is one of the largest (and cheapest) 1x12 cabs around.
    Do you have one or two of these?

Quite simple: a tube poweramp is NOT FRFR, a digital / solid state poweramp IS FRFR.

In most cases a profile consists of the whole guitaramp-chain: tube preamp + tube poweramp + speaker. If you want to amplify this signal at best, you want FRFR as far as possible.

It's like those Tech21 pedals, i.e. Tri AC. There's a build in speaker sim you can't turn off but Tech 21 says you can use it in front of a guitaramp as well. I've had this Tri AC and I didn't like it at all in front of a guitaramp.

Not tried the EVM12L with a tweeter but I've tried the EVM12L in several guitarcabs. I came to the conclusion that this speaker had the best bass response in a Thiele cab that is especialy designed for the EVM12L.
    I guess in your case it's just a matter of trying. I asume the speaker in the VP has a wire from the speaker to the DSP print?

From TGP:

Dave Friedman said : "The amplifier design is a licensed product. B-52 also licenses the amplifier design. After trying many designs I liked this one the best. Cabs are made Painted and grill clothed right in our shop. As with all our cabs, they are made with baltic birch. No cheap wood or plastic will do if you want the punch. Hope that clears things up."

Just ordered my second Kemper rack (non-powered). This one I'm gonna use with a stereo poweramp in a stereo FRFR set up.
    I want a poweramp that is lightweight and compact and does NOT sound like a tubeamp (yes, because it has to be FRFR as fas as possible!!).
    A 1HE 19" amp would be great and I'm interested in:
    - Synq 1k0
    - Power Dynamics PDD 1200

Maybe there are other types and brands that fit my demands? I don't think Matrix will do the job because it is stated as a "tube like" poweramp.

According to the blurb, yes to cab on. That's what interests me.

Huh? The KM-212p is NOT a FRFR cab, so why would you put a "cab on"-signal into a "standard" guitarcab, which the KM-212p is.
    As stated on their website:

"Unlike most full range monitors, it can also be used with regular guitar amp heads too." and "Frequency range 80Hz-5kHz"

In for 2016:
    - Framus Renegade Pro (trans green)
    - Framus Renegade Pro (natural)
    - Kemper Toaster non-powered
    - Kemper Rack non-powered
    - Kemper Remote
    - Boss GT-001
    - Studio Projects B1 v1
    - Studio Projects B1 v2
    - Behringer Tube Ultragain
    - a lot of drive pedals for my Mesa Triple Recto set up
    - 2x Mesa Thiele cabs with EVM12L
    - Yamaha YFL211S2
    - Yamaha YFL225S2

Out for 2016:
    - Ibanez Iron Label 7-string
    - Yamaha PAC611 FHM root beer
    - Yamaha PAC611 FHM trans black
    - Boss GT-100
    - Kemper Toaster non-powered
    - a lot of drive pedals for my Mesa Triple Recto set up

Plans for 2017:
    - In: Chapman ML-7T
    - In: Ultimate Ears UE11pro
    - In: Some smaller head, i.e. Mesa Triple Crown, Koch Twintone III or perhaps Positive Grid Bias Head
    - Out: Mesa Triple Recto head and Recto 4x12

Something like that :)

A lot of Koch amps, different types but since 2007 it is a Mesa Triple Rectifier with Recto 4x12 cab.
    Thought I would sell this mighty amp because of the KPA but recently used the Mesa full power in the studio. Nothing comes close
    to that sound and feeling. So my Mesa stays and my KPA stays as well.