Posts by KrienDay

Update.

Kemper sounding very nice now that I've learn to add more mids than noon.

I have also found the profiles I like. Further, I've probably got used to not having amp in the room feel. I now sound just like the records?

I would recommend getting profiles of amps u love in real life.

For the last week I was regretting selling my Rockerverb MKIII for the Kemper. That was until yesterday when I stopped using Mesa Dual Received profiles and actually started using an Orange (with Maxon 808) Profile. Glorious. Sounds pretty much just like the MKIII driven by the 808 which I loved and surprisingly feels the same. The MKIII just feels soft on the hands and ears.

I have never played a Dual Rec to be honest and while I liked the sound the feeling felt hard and lifeless. Maybe that's how dual recs are.

Love my DSR. Would guess you have your profiles tweaked for the headphones which are usually nowhere near flat. The DSR is fairly flat and super loud. Just a warning. I have developed tinnitis with 2 half hour sessions with this thing full up.

Deadpan. I have not used the Kemper with headphones as I just got it pretty much. To.be honest, I thought a high quality FRFR meant there's no need to adjust as whatever the publisher wants you to hear will be faithfully reproduced. Anyhow, I am using the DSR112 at bedroom volume...maybe that's my problem?

Thanks Heldal. I have read your reply in another thread before.

At the moment, mine is sitting on top of a light small circular coffee table. The sticks are being delivered.

I guess as I'm new to Kemper it would be great if someone can confirm my set-up.

Hi, all. The Yamaha DSR112 just arrived today. I have waited for it since last Wednesday. Today, it arrived. I had Guidorist profiles ready and my Les Paul decked with new strings.

First chord came. Dammit. Doesn't sound as good the Rockerverb MKIII I just sold. It was Guidorist's Road Queen profile BTW. Been listening to his profiles' demo on YouTube all last week and I was sure the profiles sounded better on my Xperia Z5 than my Orange did.

What am I doing wrong? Below are what my settings were more or less.

DSR112:

Line Level
    D-contour off
    Hpf off
    Volume: 9 o'clock (half way to peak)
    Just used a guitar cable running from left Main of Kemper to connect.

Kemper:

Pure Cab: 5.5
    Master Volume: 5
    Output: Master Left or Main Mono
    I never turned cab simulations off.

Is there a magic button somewhere?

Regards