Posts by AnthonyNYC

No guitars at all, but Too Many Zoos. Saw them in the subway one day, entertaining to watch.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Literally just purchased this guitar! I've played it a few days and I'm just not into the stock pickups. Don't want to swap them out, would rather leave it stock and get a slightly differently configured ESP. Asking $1,450 obo + $45 shipping to the USA. I'm in NYC so if anyone wants to try it out, you can do so through a Kemper ;)

It is in very sweet shape and seems to have hardly ever been played. There are no gouges in the frets at all and they look almost brand new. Finish is nearly perfect with little signs of usage as well. It is a really beautiful looking guitar all around and has been very well preserved.

Full details with serial number break down and more photos are up here on Reverb.com: https://reverb.com/item/376648…-sunburst-seymour-duncans

Just picked up an almost pristine, very unused 2009 ESP Horizon NT-II. To me it is just such a good looking guitar. It has a stock coil tap for the JB/59 combo. Not personally thrilled with the Duncan pickups since I already own an LTD EC-1000 with the same combo, so this may not stay in the collection too long. I am considering swapping the JB for a Custom 5. We'll see. It is my first non-LTD ESP, and the craftsmanship is just really nice to look as well as being a pleasure to play.

Aea - I was just going to suggest this today and then I found your thread, so I'm going to add to this a bit and hopefully you like these thoughts as well.

Kemper folks! For the time I've had my Kemper, I've only played one guitar through it. I adjusted Input and Output parameters as needed for this guitar, and I've also adjusted individual profile parameters to suit my guitar and then overwritten the original profile with the new settings so that everything works well with the pickups and guitar config.

Into my home comes a new guitar, and of course - everything sounds different when played through it. So I had the thought that it would be great if not only all of the Kemper's global settings were based on the guitar, but individual profile settings as well.

The way I envision this working would be to treat each guitar used on the Kemper as a different user, sort of like logging into a computer as and having your desktop the way you left it while your wife can login under a different user and have her own desktop arrangement present.

So a user would be Gibson LP, Fender Strat, ESP Horizon, PRS, etc... Then when logged in as that "user" or in our case - guitar type, all the global settings would be as you set them for that particular guitar AND any profiles you save while using say "Gibson LP" would be saved, associated with, and only accessible when you had your guitar type/user set to Gibson LP. So there could be a Default guitar identity that retains all factory settings, and then user added identities which correspond to each guitar a player uses with the Kemper. All this probably poses some big programming complexities on the back end that I am definitely not aware of. Limiting things to globals settings only would definitely simplify things.

Hah, I'm not planning to switch from PC to mac in general. Few Macs will keep up with the PC I custom built for Adobe Premiere Pro. All solid state drives for project work and OS, great video card, sick CPU, and my PC just hums along (bottom of this thread is current build if anyone's curious). Now they've released newer motherboards, so I am a bit behind the curve!

I just thought it would be cool to add a mac to a small desk in the corner of my room which would be used only for music work only, just because from using Garage Band - man do I like how Apple's programming feels and how easily I intuitively got around it. Never felt that way with Ableton. Although I do know Ableton is a powerful and competent program, I'd still like to try messing with Logic Pro X for awhile.

If I can get away with a solution for $500-$800, I will give it a shot for sure. Thank you for all the input folks.

HAH stratology - I'm using windows 7 on my PC. Just switched a laptop to windows 10 to check it out. Friends tell me that Win 10 is better than 8, so will give it a shot. Win 8 was pretty shitty. They moved everything familiar.

Ingolf, it isn't that there's anything that I can't do with Ableton 8, it just seems that Apple's software is smoother, less clunky, more intuitive and easier to use. With logic, I just have the notion that I'll play more because of that ease. I may be lacking the neat new audio to midi feature I've read about, but I honestly don't know that I'd need it at all.

Kind of just want to give logic a shot.

Thanks folks, I had no idea Logic Pro X would work with Apple systems as early as 2010. I might be able to find something for $350-$500 in that case.

Also took a look at the min specs, but they really are minimal. I suppose a bit more RAM and an SSD or external recording drive are helpful too.

Just looked in on Studio One 3 and it looks interesting as well. A few folks on the web have actually made that switch.

I am a PC guy (I built a monster PC for photo/video processing) looking to buy an Apple computer (most cost effective solution) of some sort for the sole reason of running Logic Pro X. Music would be the dedicated use of the Apple!

Long story short, and the way I came to purchase a Kemper: Purchased an iPad Mini 2 for use with photo equipment, started messing with Garage Band, this led me to pick up my guitar after a 3 year hiatus, saw a Muse concert around the same time, heard they used this think called a Kemper, looked up Kemper, bought a lunchbox, got rid of my amp and stomps, and here we are. Garage Band's simplicity and intuitive use struck me and a light went off "this is why people use Apples!", I said to myself. Doing more research, I read that Logic Pro X is Garage Band on super steroids. Awesome!

I currently use Ableton Live 8, and it is a bit non-intuitive and clunky to me. I've only watched a few tutorials and can get around it, but I find it a bit painful. For an audio interface I run the Kemper SPDIF through a MOTU 828MKii which goes via firewire to my PC (not the usual USB). So I figure it may also work with a MAC, since MAC software is available. Just not sure on the years of compatibility.

I've already done some research on this and it seems like a late 2012 Mac Mini is the most cost effective way to go, all though the all in one MACs look appealing as well due to the form factor of not having so many wires around. I'm asking for some advice/suggestions in this forum because it really seems that there are a lot of very technical folks here. Any suggestions you guys may have on what to run Logic Pro X on would be appreciated. Thanks.

Hello folks, just ordered and received an awesome SinMix T-Shirt in size XL.

I washed it, then I tried it on (right after I got out of the shower). It doesn't FIT! The shirt is made of some really high quality cotton, and is just really nice all around. It seems that the size XL is much closer to a size L, so at 5'8" and 220 lbs, it's a no go for me.

So, I figured I could stuff it in a USPS priority mail box and send it to someone here who might want it for the cost of shipping.

Here is the link to the shirt: http://www.brickwall.pl/store/…controller=product#idTab5

Another +1 for Kemper support. Before I even purchased my lightly used unit, a dude named Hans-Jörg Scheffler from Kemper was cool enough to go back and forth with me on 7 emails to run the serial number and let me know that Kemper stands by their warranty across different owners without any probs whatsoever.

His responses were quick, he was courteous, and professional. It's one of the things which sealed the purchase for me over the new AX8 I was considering at the same moment in time.

I bought 2 crates and black acrylic from Michaels, and a piece of wood and 4 wheels from Home Depot. On that I put my toaster.

As for mixer, I have an MOTU 828mkii screwed to the right side of a desk I built with yet some more home depot wood. Just regret putting the monitors so high up. Maybe this all will give you some ideas. Of course, you'd have to enjoy making stuff, but this is all easy.

Not sure if this could be related in any way, and I'm not having issues with my screen but I happened to touch the screen on my toaster yesterday and doing so created noise through my amp. At the time I was running monitor out to a bass amp.

Thought that was a little strange and maybe something wasn't grounded happily inside.

Thanks for all the tips fellas. I'm a PC guy, so after a full search of the computer for .kipr files - I found that the only hard copies were the ones I physically placed.

Once I drag them from their home folder into a rig manager folder, rig manager creates an index file which refers to them. When I add a file from the Rig Exchange to Rig Manager, that works a little different. In that case .kipr files are downloaded and kept in a temp folder in AppData.

I get it now though and soon I'll have some nicely organized folders of sick amps. Just found that old/rare amps sticky in the free profiles forum. Man is this stuff cool and fun!

Hallelujah!

Gianfranco, thank you, I will remember this -

...don't let yourself to be acted upon by a piece of hardware

Being a very much an amateur/hobbyist regarding music and recording, I delay beginning and finishing projects because of hardware. Typical excuses are "I've just got to learn one more technical thing before I start/finish this..." The real culprit though is laziness ;)

Thanks Nicky. Overall everything is good here, maybe just some small refinements could help. One of the things I dig most so far about the Profiler is the minimalist/intuitive approach to the hardware. I think the same efficient approach is good for information management.

As for copying the rigs from My Profiler in the Rig Manager - does it actually move hard copies of the .kipr files? I looked and it appears that only an index file is created (repository.db files). I'm actually thinking to just wipe all the rigs out again other than a few favorites I've already marked; and then only add rigs I like from this point forward. Too many choices is sometimes no good!

The more I read in the Wiki too, the more I like it. I realized with the wiki - in order to find all the info - it is best to start and navigate from the site map, not the left sidebar menu!