Posts by spk77

Here's a comparison test:

Same profile with Ibanez RG652AHMFX-NGB (bridge pickup). Amp definition was 9.8
    Guitar - Kemper - Scarlett 18i20 (spdif) - Reaper.

First is your clip (treble position), second is my clip and the last is both together panned to the left and right

Frequency comparison
    blue = the frequency response from your clip,
    white = the freq response curve from my clip

Still no success...I wish the MIDI documentation was more detailed - covering this part also.

If anyone has any knowledge of the subject, please post here. Would be nice to know if I'm just doing completely useless "coding work" here :)

So again, this is what I've tried to do:
    (I'm using ReaScript Lua and REAPER JSFX)

• I have a Lua script for reading sysex data from kipr files (kipr file header and length bytes after F0's are ignored)
    • Lua script sends the data to a JSFX array
    • JSFX sends the data to KPA (One complete message per "sample block". This can be changed)

I tried sending cabinet presets (kipr files):
    [Blocked Image: https://stash.reaper.fm/33872/KPA%20cabinet%20data.gif]

Data structure for these presets:

• 16 cabinet tag messages
    • 2 BLOB messages (only the first one changes between presets)
    • 1 multi parameter change (always same)
    • 1 extended parameter change (always same)

I still can't get this to work :(
    It seems to work when I first send all the data (except header and length bytes) -> store cabinet module (by pressing the store button on KPA) -> browse back to that module, but storing the cab would be an unnecessary/pointless step because I'd like to apply cabs/amps directly from kipr files. It should be possible, but I can't figure out how to do it.

Applying presets (cabs/amps/FXs etc.) from other rigs or preset files would also be a nice feature for the Toast ME :)

Do I need to refresh the rig by sending a certain sysex message?

also is impressive that kemper has this midi chart so complete and friendly for third part developers, thank you kemper too.

Everything UI-related is very well documented, but there are a lot of stuff that isn't documented at all (e.g. "Lock module/section/parameter" is not documented):

Here's a couple of very important/mandatory "API functions" that most probably exist (because Rig manager uses MIDI for data transferring), but aren't documented:

• get current rig as sysex data (also when in preview mode)
    • set rig from sysex data
    • get a list (filenames) of all stored rigs in KPA
    • set rig by (KPA)filename
    • get amp/cab as sysex data
    • set amp/cab from sysex data
    • get presets/preset names as sysex data

Also, I wish there was an example for BLOB messages:
    How to send BLOB parameter changes (KPA seems to ignore them)

I'm trying to store rig data directly to tracks in REAPER DAW (there's ReaScript API that makes that part possible)
    Then, later when needed, I would like to send the data back to KPA...

This is what I've done so far:
    (Kemper file header data and length byte(s) at the beginning of messages are removed before sending data to KPA)

Everything else seem to be working except BLOB messages... UI-related parameters are working, but the actual core of a profile (amp/cab) isn't.
    Is there something I should know? Should I notify KPA that there is sysex data incoming (by sending some "enable sysex communication" -message to KPA)?

(from the KPA midi docs)
    BLOB Parameter Change
    A number of parameters do present binary objects (“BLOBs”). These BLOB parameters do have their
    own batch of controller numbers. They exist in parallel to the numeric and string parameters.
    The content of a BLOB is per definition “off hands” and should not be altered.

Very nice work!

There's a new feature added on the latest OS update - UI to MIDI. Adjusting knobs on Kemper sends MIDI data when it's enabled. That could be useful for reducing MIDI traffic.

Damian, you might know the answer for this:
    Is it possible to get current rig (as sysex data) from Kemper? Is there a magical sysex string for that :)
    That would be so useful when combined with REAPER's ReaScript API. It would be possible to store rigs per-track, per-item or even per-take and later recall them...

:) Bring the memories!

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

I just had to buy this profile pack after hearing this clip, thanks!

Thanks for the great clip! Do you remember the exact profiles used in the clip?
    That bass sounds very good - is it possibly a KPA profile?

Thanks for the detailed information!

I've been trying to EQ match guitar sounds with Izotope Ozone 7 (when profiling a rig). Sometimes it works very well.
    I wish there was EQ matching feature in Kemper itself. Then it would possible to "render" the Kemper EQ's (studio EQ, metal EQ etc.) to a profile. Maybe it would work, I really don't know :D