Posts by Wizard_of_Oz

dochay, are you still rocking the Kemper Kone though the Katana? I am also thinking of doing this with the shortage of Kemper Kabinets right now, and it works out pretty damn good price (especially for me and non-power Kemper) plus a back up amp/fx built in!

It seems to me that the Kemper Kabinet (or one built EXACTLY like it) will do FRFR. The Kemper Kone sold seperately will sound exactly like any of the "Imprinted" speakers would if you put them in your cab. But could not do FRFR as the response would be changed by the cab. Unless there will be a "Profiling" like process to adjust for the frequence response of the cab? I guess the custom speaker is selected for a known frequency response (no FRFR speaker is truly flat) and with a dispersion and reactance like a typical 12" guitar speaker. No?

I reckon the Schaefer sound is mostly compression and boost (with a bit of Eq) so wouldn't work in the profiling chain. I have a 1 watt 50th anniversary JTM and a JMP I plan to profile very soon (about as loud as I can get at the moment without someone calling the police) so will see what happens anyway.

To my ears it sounds synthetic, though I suppose that's what it is, and not at all musical. Maybe more like a Theremin effect <X or like FOH PA feedback than guitar - amp feedback The search continues....

T

As Michael_dk pointed out I have reported this to Kemper support along with backup file, but don't have any answers yet.

If I get some time in the next few days I will try to record an isolated sample as suggested. Although now that I have found other posts on the forum with the same issue at least I know it's not just mine...not sure if that is a good thing? :/

I can clearly hear this "digital distortion" (which is what it sounds like to me) while playing with headphones (Beyer DT880 / Sennheiser HD25ii / Sennheiser HD540). Maybe I'm more sensitive but sound quality is why I gave up on other digital solutions and spent the money on the Kemper. I bought it primarily for use with headphones so it's a disappointing outcome for me.

Michael_dk, do you know if there are archive versions of FW available for download? Support haven't answered that question for me. I only bought mine on 20 February and it came with a version of FW 2.x so I updated immediately to 3.2 (I think it was) but didn't notice this problem until I updated to FW 3.3 just a week or so later.

Since upgrading to FW 3.3 (including the final release version) I have detected a distortion or fizzing artefact on the front headphone output (only) whenever I check Headphone Space. It is there 100% of time regardless of any combination of Kemper settings, guitars/pick ups, cables or headphones. I have reported it to Kemper Support but the response so far is they can't hear it in my sound samples I provided.

Below is link to a sound sample. All the open G string notes and the E chords are the exact same samples repeated in my DAW and re-amped through the Kemper with Headphone Space alternately switched off & on. I have added a voice-over to indicate when it is off or on. The sample was re-amped with all Stomps, Stack, Effects and Pure Cabinet off. Input and output LEDs were lighting up just green on the peaks. I turned the Space setting up to 10 for the recording, but I can notice it from around 2 upward at reasonable headphone volume. Interested to know if anyone can hear this on my sample or on their own Kemper headphone output. On my audio sample you probably won't be able to hear it through computer or small speakers, so you will need headphones or decent monitors at a reasonable level.

Cheers
    Tom

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.