Posts by EdRaket

Thank you all for comments. It confirmed my suspicion that there is not a global ‘gain control’ parameter that I can use. I will try at first with the volume knob of my guitar and in case this affects the tone too much, I will make a 2nd set of the performances adjusted for my 2nd guitar. Thanks for all advice and enjoy the day.

I have a set of presets and performances configured that sound great and I all use with a certain guitar. Now I want to try a change to another guitar, but this guitar has a higher output (not active). As a result some of my clean sounds start sounding a little distorted.
    Is there a way to cut down the higher input signal of my 2nd guitar without changing all setups / performances? I also do not want to put down the volume knob of my guitar, as I am afraid it will influence tone.

Thanks for any suggestions.

I want to use an on stage monitor with the Kemper and I want to be able to adjust the monitor volume with a roller knob, attached on the Remote. I think a roller knob is more precise than a volume pedal (and much smaller).

I'm thinking about this one: http://this1smyne.com/shop/me-mini-expression-pedal/

My question is: I can order this with 10k, 25k, 50k, 100k or 250k resistance. Which one should I choose?

Or are there better alternatives?

Thanks for the help!

The Remote controller now facilitates two display options.
    I would like to request a third option, because both current options are no good for me.

Let me first explain how I use my Remote. I use performance mode.
    I think it is too much switching it have a single bank for each song.
    So my Bank 1 is called "Standard" and the 5 slots are filled with: Clean, Overdrive, Distortion, Heavy Dist and Solo.
    I also have similar banks for Supertramp sounds, Acoustic sounds, Police songs and so on.

My problem is that I can not read the texts in the 5 slots (bottom line). I have heard complaints also from other people that these texts are pretty small to read standing up at a dark stage.

My perfect perfect display would therefore be:

Top Line: The name of the Bank (same as now)
    Bottom line: the 5 slots and their name
    Middle Line: The name of the slot that is selected (yes, big).

If you can provide this as option C, this would be very useful. I think it is not that big of an enhancement to make.

Thanks!! :)

Hi all,
    First of all, I love my Kemper. I really think it is a revolution in guitar world. I have the following question. During my last gig I found myself often on a very dark stage. I found that I had trouble using my Remote. Yes, there are a few bright leds shining down there, but I had trouble to see what is where.
    Is this something that you have experienced as well? How do you cope? I am thinking of using a small light, on the other hand that looks so silly.

I bought and checked out the acoustic package. If you want to play your acoustic guitar, thuis is a must have. I spend a lot If time finding a good profile (free) before. The ones from Bert are great without any editing. And the Price is more than reasonable. So thank you Bert!

I am struggling with something I think has changed since the last update. I am wondering if I can change this.
    Lets say that in performance mode I am on performance 1 and I have four stomp boxes assigned to buttons I-II-III-IV. These stomp boxes are not active at the start when I select performance 1.
    What I really liked that in case I had switched on two stomp boxes (by clicking buttons I and II), I could get quickly to the start of the performance (with no stomp boxes selected) by just pushing button 1 again.

When I try that now, the selected stomp boxes do not get deselected like before. I think that has changed since the last software release.

Do you recognize this and do you know if I change this back to the old behavior?

Thanks for your help,

Ed

Hi Danides,
    I am not sure if I understand your issue right. I think this is simpel ? I myself have a small flight case including the Kemper and my IEM unit.
    The signal chain is as follows:
    Guitar > Kemper In (front)
    Kemper OUT >>> Central Mixing Board (mono)
    In the central mixing board I create a separate mix for my personal IEM, this sits on e.g. AUX 4
    AUX 4 from central mixing panel >>> IEM unit in my flight case
    And than the IEM wireless to my ears (no other monitor)
    I make my own mix for my IEM with the guitar as loud as I want.
    Why don't you do it this way?

Best regards,
    Ed

Hi everybody,
    I just made my first two profiles and uploaded them to the rig exchange:
    - All Bluetick Clean >>> My Alessandro Bluetick amp, great for fender like clean tones, add overdrive by increasing guitar volume
    - Mario SM57 1 >>> A bass profile, based on Sansamp pre-amp, Ampeg amp

I spend 15 minutes for both profiles and like them a lot. Please tell me what you think and how to improve.

Thanks,

Ed

It happened exactly the same to me last week. When doing so, all the settings in the SYSTEM menu go back to default. So use a backup or write down your settings to get back to your start situation. All other settings didn't change. I have no clue why the system restore happened. The only thing that I am not sure about is if perhaps the power was shut down while the Kemper was in the shutdown phase itself?