Posts by Guitarded

Hello everyone,

I am using a merged profile for the following. I am looking to utilize a rig's Cabinet Profile on the main outs, while using one of Kemper's built-in speaker imprints through my Kemper Kone at the same time.

Full Range Mode sounds much better through main outs, while obviously the Speaker Imprint for the Kemper Kone (in my case, I love the Jensen P12Q) sounds much better through the Kone. I can go into the Cabinet menu and select the imprint (between Global, Full Range, and the selection of Kemper Kone speaker imprints) but this changes settings for the main outs AND the Kemper Kone.

Is there any way to use Full Range Mode on the Main Outputs, while using a Cabinet Imprint on my Kemper Kone?

I've read through the manual multiple times, and not sure if I'm misunderstanding something. In the manual, on page 89 it says:

You need to bypass the Cabinet PROFILE for the MONITOR OUTPUT, to avoid running a guitar cabinet simulation through a physical guitar cabinet. The soft button labeled "Monitor Cab Offin the Output Section will bypass the Cabinet PROFILE for the MONITOR OUTPUT, as well as for the built-in power amp of PowerHead and PowerRack. The Cabinet PROFILE stays active for the other outputs, including the MAIN OUTPUT.

This leads me to believe the Cabinet should be unaffected on the Main outs when "Monitor Cab Off" is selected.

There's another section that I'm unsure about on page 100:

You might want to use Direct Amp PROFILEs which have cabinet module set to Emptyfor running an electric guitar into the Kone/Kabinet, without using a virtual cabinet in the cabinet module and feeding it to a mixing desk through the MAIN OUTPUT. In this case you still need to establish an active cabinet in the cabinet module and then save the Rig. If you dont, your PROFILE will be interpreted as a Direct PROFILE and played back in full-range mode. To make this process easier, you could activate a cabinet and LOCK it, so that it stays active for all your Rigs. It doesnt matter which cabinet you choose.

Is this suggesting that if I have a merge profile, I need to separate the Direct Amp Profile from the Cabinet Profile to achieve what I want instead of using the Merged profile? I have a hard time understanding what issue this section is attempting to address.

Thanks in advance for any help or advice! :S

The Kabinets are made of MDF and I believe yours is Birch... so while it will work just fine, there will be a tonal difference, which is why Kemper opted for MDF over plywood or birch...

That's a good point. MDF is supposed to be a lot more flat and neutral sounding, which would probably help for an application like this.

Has anyone compared their own cabinet to the Kabinet side-by-side?

Hey Profiler Forum,

Besides the obvious appeal of having a green matching cab for your Kemper, what are the advantages of the Kabinet over using your own 1x12 cab with a Kone?

I know there is infinite variability among all the guitar cabinets out there... but just wondering if anyone has tried the Kabinet next to their own DIY 1x12 Cabinet with a Kone.

I have a closed back Blackstar 1x12 cabinet (that can also convert into an open back) that is similar dimensions to the Kabinet. I'm guessing it should sound pretty close?

Thanks. Let me know what you think.

P.S. I could also use a ported Egnater Rebel 1x12 Cab too that has great bass response. But, I really like how that one sounds... so I am not eager to take it apart.

It would be helpful to know your Firmware version!
    Did you program your board the way it should be?
    Did you do the right choices in system menu?
    Is your board connected with 2 midi cables?

Thanks for the quick reply Stefans!

1.) It was the last version of 3.0 released before version 4.0 - I will check the exact version number when I get home.
    2.) I didn't do any programming on the board. Just installed the chip and everything worked as it should.
    3.) I believe I'm doing the right choices in the system menu? When I make a change, I hit Store choose the Performance channel number, Hit Store again, confirm the name and that's it. It gets frozen here usually. The store button will do a quick flicker, and then continue to do this quick flicker every few seconds.
    4.) The board is connected with 2 midi cables, midi out to midi in on both. The floorboard is quick and the channel changes work flawlessly.

Hello Kemper Forum,

First time posting. I have the Kemper Toaster with power amp, and have purchased an FCB1010 floorboard and installed the Uno4Kemper chip into it. The floorboard works great for switching channels and the like (although I haven't figured out how to activate the tuner when the volume pedal is turned all the way down, like some others have).

My main issue, is that as soon as the FCB1010 is plugged in... it slows my actual Kemper interface down to a crawl. I can't store my performance patch and lose my work quite frequently.

When I'm at practice and I make tweaks to my settings, as soon as I try to store my performance preset, it seems to lock up. Sometimes it will eventually store the preset, most times it does not. I've also had issues where it saves over other patches, where I will exit the storing procedure because I get fed up waiting. And then when I switch channels it saves over the seperate channel (e.g. I was trying to save my clean channel, I'll get fed up, exit, switch to my dirty channel and all of a sudden it writes the clean channel to the dirty channel) I lose all my settings, including weeks and weeks of minor tweaks!

Additionally, it seems to slow down the Kemper interface... the on screen tuner becomes extremely laggy and unresponsive and barely usable.

Has anyone else run into these issues when running the FCB1010?