Posts by ElDoca

I used it exclusively when I first got my Kemper and had zero noise problems. I had other issues and had to RMA my unit, ever since I got it back the rear input has been useless as it's way too noisy and breaks up on high gain profiles. I tried to RMA it again and was denied and told that was normal.

Mine crapped out in 5 months. Started to get real noisy then eventually made all sorts of sounds even with nothing plugged in. Sounded much better after the repair but I just get the feeling it's not as good as when I first got it, high gain profiles just don't sound the same as I remember. Wish I could A/B it with another KPA

I played with some Line 6 gear a few years ago and thought their CustomTone area was outstanding. I could type in almost any genre, song or artist and several different rigs would come up to choose from. I didn't think they sounded that great but they were as close to those original tones as you could get with the equipment involved. I assumed the Rig Exchange would be very similar and was a little disappointed, I couldn't even find a single surf guitar profile. But yeah, with 7000+ free profiles I shouldn't complain

I agree though, it would be too overwhelming to flood the RE with duplicate profiles at different settings/effects. If there could be an easy way to share these, that would be great. There are times when I want to take the time and deep edit sounds and other times where I'd like to just turn on the Kemper, type in "Aces High" and just shred without too much tone searching.

Another vote of support for AMT, I own the SS-10 and it's a fantastic pre-amp and very well engineered. But, if I were doing any sort of tour these days on a tight budget and I were responsible for my own equipment, I'd probably take a few pedals and a decent cab sim and call it a day. Also be aware than AMT is using solid state replacement tubes for some of their products

I really really like this preamp/pedal. I can't keep it so I ended up profiling almost every gain/dynamic combination available which ended up being 40+ profiles. I uploaded my favorite profile for each channel (clean, O.D., Dist). I didn't want to flood the Rig Exchange with profiles that have very minimal differences so the rest are available at the link below. All profiles are DI and the Rig Exch ones use various Kemper cabinets. Vintage cabs sound great on clean and crunch, higher gain try out your favorite 4x12 cab.

APP-1.zip

Rocktron Gainiac 2 Preamp

Very high gain preamp that tends to get muddy when turned up. I was unable to profile the highest gain setting because I kept getting the "too noisy" error. PP indicates my profiler's pick of the sweet spot for the distortion channel. The others were profiled with a flat EQ for the user to dial in themselves. The Gainiac features a scoop knob which is basically an exaggerated mids, profiled at 0, 5 & 10. Profiled though a 50/50 power amp with EL34s to a Kemper DI box and custom IR cabinets inserted afterwards.

AMT SS-10

Uploaded the first of my preamps. Pretty good sounding tube amp, high gain without being too muddy. Profiled through a 50/50 power amp with EL34s to a Kemper DI box and later inserted my IR concoction of a Marshall stack. Other peoples ENGL and Michael Wagener's Randall cabinets also sound good. PP indicates my profiler's pick, what I think it the sweet spot for each channel. The rest are profiled with a flat EQ and one of three treble shift settings. I'll follow up with some medium gain profiles but it still sounds pretty accurate when you turn down the gain on the Kemper.

I just tried out the new Supro 1695T Black Magick, wow!! Waiting anxiously for someone to profile it. The newer Supro lines haven't gotten much Kemper attention, hopefully this one will.

Thanks for the warm welcome. My point is, I have 50+ profiles for just one preamp. I think I'll upload my favorites and provide the rest on dropbox for those who want a complete profile spectrum.

Had the Kemper for a while now but finally signed up here and ready to participate. I've always been a rack/preamp kinda guy and have a bit of a collection to start profiling. Now that I have the Kemper, I can get rid of them but not before I profile them at every setting possible. One observation, it seems most people prefer a couple good profiles that are ready to rock and not a vast array of different tones/settings. Would it be best to upload my favorite profiles to the Exchange and offer up the rest somewhere else? What's the consensus on just doing direct profiles vs through amp & cab? I have a 50/50 power amp and a M/B halfback cab that guitarists either love or hate.