Posts by ElDoca

I don't think this is that exceptional.
    It's probably the way most people that use a guitar cab at home or without a PA use their Direct Amp Profiles. Unless i'm missing something here.
    Most of the profile sellers distribute "direct amp" profiles, rarely merged.

Yes, it will be a pain to assign a cab to every direct profile you own, but on a complaint scale of 1-10...I'd say it's a 2. When the switch is made to assign the Kone per rig, you'll need to do that anyways unless you want one imprint to be global for all profiles. In which case, might as well use a real cab then

External amps are so much more versatile. I completely understand the appeal of a clean and simple setup. But, with an external (in my case a Fryette PS-2), I can use it with a Kabinet, real cabinet and speakers, passive FRFR, Toaster, Rack, Stage, Axe-FX, Line-6, any older modeler, any future modeler, etc etc

Would it be an option to get in touch with the profile-guys like HW and get some real vintage speakers over and imprint them?

Or maybe the Kemper-guys build a mobile "imprint lab" and send it with an engineer someone around the world to hunt down legendary speakers? You even could A/B your freshly done imprint directly in the room with the original speaker/amp...

I believe CK already put a call out to anyone with vintage speakers that are willing to part with them for a bit. A vast library of vintage and rare speaker imprints would be a huge selling point for the KPA. But, it would probably be best to start out with speakers that are more common and well-known. Like the G12H-75, did I already mention that earlier in this thread? Just in case, let me say it again, G12H-75

These are the amps I went through before the Power Station...

ADA t100s: I already owned this prior to the Kemper, still love this amp, lots of clarity and non-coloring but I wanted something SS

Rocktron Velocity 300: Sounded ok, very heavy

Stewart Audio PA-50b: This one sounded GREAT but needed more power

Matrix GT800: Great response and attack, but started coloring the tone at higher volumes

IcePower 125asx2: After learning Kemper used IcePower modules, I bought one and build a little backbox for it. Sounded as good as the PA-50b, clean and flat through all volume levels, but I felt it was still missing something.

Fryette PS-2: Couldn't be happier, has the response and attack like the Matrix, very clean and flat like the IcePower. I liked it so much, I sold my powered Atomic CLR and bought the passive version just so I could use the Power Station for both cabs and FRFR. I can quickly and easily use the presence and depth knobs to adjust for the room so I never have to touch the KPA when setting up.

Here's hoping the powered Kemper Kabinet won't be far behind. It seems like far more non powered Kemper Profilers have sold, but I could be way off, or why else would they concentrate on non powered Kabinets? So, like many others, I'm not going to invest in a separate amp, as I will just wait for the powered version of the Kabinet.

I don't think it's a question of how many powered vs unpowered KPA are out there the wild. The question is, are players that are happy with their FRFR setups going to switch to a kab? My feeling is, players that hate FRFR and insist on playing through real guitar cabinets are going to be the early adopters. Or, it was simply easier to bring the passive kab to market first which is likely the case.

Best part of a separate amp is that you can use it for other things. I've found the Fryette Power Station far superior to any SS amp, including the IcePower inside the powered KPA and it's immensely versatile for both modellers and valve amps.

It's more of a personal preference thing. A closed cabinet will give more bass, but that may not be desired. Raising a closed cabinet off the ground will lose bass which might be comparable to an open cabinet on the ground.

Some players like the open sound of an open cab. Metal players would probably prefer a closed cabinet.

It's so much more than that, an open back cab can fill a room with the reflections coming off the back walls. Move the cab closer or further away from the wall or corner to find that sweet spot. But, CK specifically said they didn't attempt to capture and replicate the frequencies coming off the back of the speaker. Although he said the Kone in an open back cab sounded good, he made no mention how accurate or realistic it was.

The amp is probably capable of 4-16ohms but I doubt the speaker will work as CK intended. I predict many will put the Kone into their composite or particle board FRFR housings and then go on the internet and claim the "Kone sucks"

That's a cool piece of gear! I'd buy if it was 1/2 the price.; too pricey when the end result is to use with my Power Engine. Time to sell the Power Engine since it's useless for my needs.

You can get a used one under $100. Yup, still expensive and another piece of gear to haul around but it's built like a tank and will last a lifetime