Posts by hoellinger

like vjelen, I disagree with the statement about Studio profiles being not very accurate. The Kemper does need to estimate where the amp stomps and speaker starts but it generally does a very good job of doing so.

Sorry but I have not said that a studio profile is not accurate … i said deactivating the speaker-section isn‘t very accurate. In complete, the studio profile seems to be more accurate than a merged profile. And that seems to be the reason, why professional profile makers often prefer studio profiles.

But I definitely disagree with the point, that a studio profile is almost 100% accurate when it comes to deactivating the cap section for playing through a guitar cab. Go and make a studio- and a merge-profile your own, with the exact same settings and play them through a guitar cab (Cab off). For me, its a HUGE difference for t. And i don‘t say better or worse, it‘s different, remarkably different.

Are ALL profiles compatible with a real 2x12/4x12 cab if “monitor cab off” is ticked in the output menu for the output you are using?

Short Answer: Yes, they are. But more or less accurate.

Long Answer: RTFM – read the … manual ;) … there are three types of profiles.

Studio Profiles: complete signal chain in one profile. You can deactivate the cab, but it is not very accurate.

DI-Profiles: Only Amp Section, no cab is profiled

Merged Profiles: Combination of studio and di. You can deactivate the cab and it’s accurate.

Thanks for the fast answer. I‘m using the Kemper DI and a Toaster. I have always used a XLR to mono jack cable. Never had a problem with noise. My Bandmate is a new user, having the stage. Yesterday we wanted to profile his JCM800, with my Kemper DI and the mono Jack cable but there was terrible white noise. Groundlift did make it even worse. We tried it again with my toaster … silence. There was no hum or white noise. That's why I was wondering if there are differences between the two and if a TRS cable is necessary.

Already saw them yesterday and they were too dark at first sight for playing with headphones. I will try them in the next weeks with a real cab and full volume.

But anyway, thanks for your work!

yep, they are dark ;) I like them that way in a loud band setting. But they cut through the mix, no problem. The other guitarist in my band plays a JCM800. Although he is way more bright, I have no problems.

But I absolutely understand that they sound too dark and boxy standalone at low levels. I will make some brighter ones this week, but they will not be bright, they will simply be a bit brighter than this one ;)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Great stuff hoellinger - thanks a lot for the effort and for sharing them with the community! Cool thing :thumbup:8)

Quickly checked a few of those. Higher gain sounds nice, definitely in my list for further exploration.

Thanks ;) No Problem.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If someone is interested in this amp and would prefer other settings, more bright, more gain or something else – there a ton of opportunities with the switches (Fat, SATs …) let me know. No Problem, I can do it.

Hi everyone ;)

i have done a lot of profiles of my Friedman BE 50 DLX. Mainly from the BE Channel with different gain settings. Overall settings are in the comments. For the merged and studio profiles i have used the OX BOX – 412 UK Vee 30 Cab. Some Feedback would be nice … Overall they are more on the dark side … and they are made for playing loud with a band. I personally much prefer the DIs. The merged profiles sound different to the DI ones. I have no clue why?! The merged one adds bass and are more boomy. Exact same settings, Kemper DI Box used, done at the same session. Perhaps somebody has an Idea? Is this a normal behavior or am i doing something wrong?

Can be found in Rig Exchange. They are called Fried BE & Fried HBE … Author HOELL.

These devices are intended to enable valve power amps to drive hard at lower volumes.

Totally not needed with an SS amp, where you want to do the opposite, so don't use it.

… nope ;) I don‘t wanna attenuate something. It is clear, that i it make no sense to dime a SS Amp. The OX Box is furthermore an excellent speaker simulation. Very easy to use. This would be my point.

The circuit through a speaker or speaker box is a closed loop. Not the same as an active device.

Does the OX accept line inputs? The Boss WAZA TAE does.

You are not capturing new information by boosting the output signal from a Kemper through its clean Class D amp. You are just getting the signal on the line outs boosted to much higher levels - which you would then attenuate to line level with another device. Pointless.

There is no „official“ line input. But there is a hidden one, inside the box … no kidding :) I must then probably deal with it more closely

Hi ;)

is it safe to connect the powered speaker out to an UAD OX? I can't find a clear answer. There is a warning at the back of the Kemper, which states, that you should not connect the speaker out to a grounded DI Box or Load … Isn‘t the OX something like that?

Greetings

Marc