Posts by redcloud

redcloud That's a little reassuring, great that they actually told you the problem has been identified, they accept its a flaw and they confirmed they have changed it for future units. But, I wish my support was as reassuring. Hopefully when they see my unit once it's returned they will let me know that the issues with the knobs has been checked and future units will be sorted. I want to give the Stage another shot, but just need a little more confidence in it.

I think I will wait a while anyway as more and more issues by other users are being posted on here.

I wonder if you can request a "newly built" Stage when buying from Kemper instead of one of the first batch. :/

Good point mate, personally I've decided to request a refund and keep my eye on the forum. When all hardware issues are sorted I'm back in. It's a bummer though as I have 3 shows coming up in Europe and at least one of them potentially has "sketchy gear" as I do fly gigs 90% of the time the stage would have been a Godsend. All that being said I have total faith that Kemper will iron out all the flaws and we'll all end up with a unit that will be up to Kempers very high standard.

Seems like you could be correct, it’s a real bummer as we’ve all been waiting for the super portable Kemper floor unit only to discover that it possibly isn’t robust enough. I’m sure that we early adopters won’t worry too much regarding software issues, inconvenient as they are. Kemper will sort it as soon as they can I’m sure, but hardware problems are a definite major worry. I personally don’t want anything other than a Kemper on stage with me for many reasons but I have to confess that I’m seriously considering switching platforms for stage use and while I don’t think the Fractal or Line 6 options will be a patch on Kemper I also don’t like the idea of my rig failing mid gig! WORRIED ?

Hi Svenelof, no. I bought my power rack and remote from Kemper direct, but my usual retailer had the stage in stock and next day delivery so I got it from them (impatience Lol) actually I had a gig and really wanted to avoid de-racking my power rack. Kemper were fine either way on the return but I'd rather the retailer dealt with any issues regarding loss/damage so it's sorted. I'm just going to have my retailer thoroughly check the replacement before shipping as best as they can. I'm sure it'll all be ok when these teething troubles are sorted out. I've got faith in Kemper and I hope that I can report all issues sorted in the near future.

Hi all, quick update on returning your KPA Stage should it prove to be defective.

Kemper sent me return instructions and agree that my video (of me turning the browse knob a ton of times just to get to the next rig) is definitely very wrong. However the return instructions state the following.

"please find enclosed the RMA document. Print this out and put one copy inside the box together with the defective device. Then write the RMA number outside on the package. Use your local postal service and send the package to the address printed on the RMA document.
    We reimburse shipment cost of local postal services, if the product is acquired in the Kemper online store and still covered by our manufacturer warranty. In this case please send us a copy of the receipt and your bank account information. We do not cover other services like UPS or DHL express. Insurance
    Please remember to insure the unit against damage by transport. Parcel services offer this type of insurance"

I'm fairly certain that it's quite a lot of cash to insure it against damage and loss for a unit woth £1500 and I'm not sure who picks up the cost if it gets "lost", so I've contacted my retailer who has offered to have the unit collected and replaced by their courier when they have further stock. Just so you all know that it's probably better to have your retailer deal with returns unless you bought direct from Kemper of course. Hope this is helpful.

Ok, so I have a Kemper power rack in my studio and it's the best cash I've ever spent in 40 years of playing. However my age is a factor and I'm fed up with taking it out of the rack to gigs along with carrying a guitar and the remote so I bought the Stage so I can leave my rack in permanent situ. Almost immediately I found a problem with the Browse knob which turns about 1 whole revolution to get to the next rig and sometimes more :( It's generally very quirky and unresponsive so I contacted support who got straight back to me asking for a video in order to assess the problem. Having sent the vid they were straight back to me asking for me to return the unit and they will send me a new replacement. Us early adopters are no doubt going to suffer some teething problems as one may expect with a brand new and extremely complex unit but with such excellent customer service I for one won't be deterred from buying Kemper but felt it worth pointing out to other early adopters that this fault may be present on the 1st units so at least you know.