Posts by hAtul

Dear awesome people of this thread,

As mentioned before, I replaced the cable, swapped to different guitars (with/out single coils), tried disconnecting devices like USBs and chargers, paid an electrician to check my apartment grounding line.

After reading your comments and talking with an e.engineer from work, I did the following:

I started by disconnecting devices such as USBs, including the one connected to the Kemper.

Ending up only with my Kemper, PC, and monitors connected, I decided to try another socket, just in case it's not a grounding issue of some sort, and changed the extension cord I have to another one.

I started moving around my guitar in weird angles and noticed some changes in the noises. Touching the pickups/bridge/strings stopped the noises too. So clearly I'm ~picking up~ noises from somewhere. I placed the guitar on my chair so nothing touches it while hearing the "beep"ing. The more I rolled the chair away from the desk, the less I heard noises (the other side of the room had NO NOISES!), the more I got close to my desk the stronger the noises. Then testing the last thing @RosboneMako said - on the right side of my desk, right behind the fake closet - which is actually a niche for the kitchen fridge. I placed the chair with the guitar facing it, and the noises were the worst. I disconnected the fridge and voila - no noises!!! after some research, seems like it's common with inverter fridges.

Just so I am extra sure this is the guitar and not maybe the cable, I rolled the cable and moved it back and forward from the "closet", there was no change, so I know for sure it's not a cable placement issue.

Now that I know it's the fridge, any idea what I can do about it?

I'm so frustrated. I moved my desk from another room because it was noisy there (neighbors and main street).

Now I have a smaller desk, which sucks.

But something is terribly wrong

I hear this beep in the background.

Replaced the cable, swapped to different guitars.

I tried disconnecting devices like usbs and chargers

I even brought in a ln electrition to check my apartment grounding line

Rolling up the noise gate to over 50% does the job. But it's profiles with no so much gain. And profiles I used to play with no issues like that. (And definitely kills the sound!)

I really don't know where and from where to start researching.

That's my sad desk setup:

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

;(

So I have the Kemper for a while (first model released), and since the beginning I used to buy profiles, mainly using distortion profiles.

Throughout the passing years having the Kemper I started to enjoy the clean tones, and more specifically the Kemper Amp profiles.

I noticed that they are very low in volume and somewhat lack in "something", compared to the ones I bought.

I use a Strat/tele type guitars.

I tend to add a compressor, even sometimes add a booster before the compressor and an eq somewhere after the compressor or on the post-amp part.

I am guessing I'm doing something wrong.

I mostly play metal of all kinds (Pantera, Mastodon, Gojira, even some brutal death stuff) using my Les Paul STD. It's not a full metal go-to guitar, but for me - I like exactly what I get from it.

I recently got into "less heavy distortion stuff" (polyphia, ichika nito, to brit-rock stuff), the more Strat-like guitars sounds, mid-neck sound.

I found a good priced 2nd hand Musicman Silhouette 2000 model with the stock Paf Pros pickups: It's great (maybe the most) comfortable 24 fretted maple neck. alder wood. suited my needs. seemed to handle well distortion too, mid-neck mode was awesome.

Both are very different in specs.

With time i noticed that I'm not satisfied with the sound of it with heavier distortion sounds:

Bridge pickup sound "muddy" or "noodley". Or just lacking the "powerful" flavor. no crunch-sharp power chords. I just cannot describe it other than that.

I am maybe comparing it to a gibson, but idk. maybe it's just the pickup that sucks? I'm not sure if i should replace the bridge pickup or plan to get a new one.

I was sure it would be my "all in one" versatile standard tuning guitar. it's not.

I went to a professional to confirm nothing is wrong with the pickup/height btw

1. Should I replace the bridge pickup. since I am generally satisfied (should cost me around ~200$ with the installation).

2. or Sell it and get something else, which then I'm not sure which will be a good all-in-one guitar (bridge pickup that can handle heavy distortion, mid-bridge and mid-neck mode for polyphia/britrock stuff, neck pickup for blues/jazz).

I thought of PRS CUSTOM, mahogany guitar. note sure if non-balanced wood would be the right choice. so maybe the more strat guitar to fill the "void". Suhr modern plus?

I do have the savings, and defiantly considering, but I do have that other side in my brain telling me "there are same quality guitars you can get with half the price, wt* are they charging this much". Basically recommend me guitars that I might.

Hi,

I'm not sure if this is the case, but is this the same experience you are having?

I didn't use my kemper for 2 weeks+- (house renovation etc)

I have just plugged in my guitar, updated the kemper through Rig Manager, and only after a few minutes - noticed the remote isn't responding.

It has a light on - on the "Tap" btn. When pressing it it says "Waiting for connection" and then goes blank again.

After looking this up in the forum, I tried 2 other network cables:

The first one gave the same result.

The other one lit the pedal on! Before connecting the second cable I closed the Rig Manager app on my PC - idk if it has to do anything with it.

anyway, I plugged back the original cable that I got with my kemper remote - and it worked fine.

After a few minutes, at some point of my shredding, I change the kemper to the BrowserMode and the pedal went off again.

Am I doing something wrong?

Am I missing something?

Is it a problem with the update?

Second window will be your best fiend.

2:47 min on the video

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Wayyyyyyyyyyyy better

but not perfect.

I have bought some profile packs, and decided to organize them all as performances and noticed that all this process is very sloppy using Rig Manager (doing this manually with the Kemper buttons is even more sloppy, just sayin').

Current steps:

- Go to the local library.

- Copy (only!) one profile.

- Go to the performance section.

- Create a new performance.

- Paste in slot 1.

- Go back to the local library and scroll the hell out of it to find my no.2 profile.

- Copy the profile I want.

- Go back to performance section.

- Select the last performance mode I previously created and Paste.

- and do this another x4 times.

I am not sure that this will be the best in terms of users experience, but if I was able to copy 5 profiles at a time and immediately paste them all in a performance, that could be nice. :rolleyes:

Tnx.

Can anyone confirm this is a bug?
    - When adding a new column in the local library ("instrument" for example), and then double clicking on the border for it to expand - the Rig Manager crashes.
    - I decided to add more performances, and something there just doesn't work properly. I add profiles to the 5 slots (copy-paste), change to an other performance mode, go back to the prev, and some aren't saved :S

Windows 10

I have 986 profiles in my local library (just pointing this out..)

I've got the same error message. Then I updated to the latest beta version (7.0.014828B) using USB.

Now RM quit unexpectedly right after starting up. (Mac User 10.14.5)

I did contact Support. However, anyone has found a solution to this issue?

Hey,

I resolved the problem: I have recently re-arranged my USB slots connections and set them to different devices.

So it's one of these 2 things you can try out:

- Try a different USB slot.

- I specifically tried a USB3 slot, and it's working fine now.

When opening Rig Manager I get this notification for update.

After applying this, the navigation of my Rig manager slightly changed with more options and asked to update my profiler:

After around 10% I get this error.

And my kemper stops the update too.

my profiles do not load on rig manager at all now:

Any idea how to update this properly?

P.S: I use Windows 10

P.S2: Kemper OS version 6.0.0.14574

You really shouldn't have to increase the line in signal from the interface. Back it off to 0 and raise the volume on the Kemper till you get a signal that peaks wherever you like it to when recording (I prefer -9 to -12db).

This depends on profiles you're using, but many of them already have preamps and compressors baked in, so you may not even need to use the plugins within Console. If you do want to do some further sculpting, use the plugins in your DAW instead so that you can preserve the original Kemper tone.

Hi, thanks for your answer, are you sure this is the best approach with non-amplified Kempers?

Hi, I own a non-amplified Kemper, and an UAD Apollo Twin USB audio interface.

There are a lot of "plug and play" tutorials using the UAD plugins, or recording a real amp using microphones, but nothing is mentioned regarding to Kempers, and I'm not sure how it's best to record.

I'll describe how I do it:

1. My Kemper is connected to the UAD audio interface (mono), having in mind that the Kemper profiles represent the sound of the amp, cab, and microphones (maybe pre-amps too).
    2. My Kempers "MASTER VOLUME" is set to 85%~, my amp "VOLUME" is set to 50%.
    3. I choose any one of my profiles (usually high-gain profiles) and from my UAD Console - I boost its LINE IN signal to around -5 to -10.

I'm not sure I'm getting the maximum from my Kemper.

• How do you recommend recording guitars with UAD Apollo Twin USB?
    • Should I use the UAD plugins on my LINE IN channel instead/in addition? Which is best for guitars?

I own a non-amplified Kemper and it's connected to my UAD Apollo Twin USB which I use to amplify it in recordings.

Is there a way to get the "direct" sound of my guitar through my Kemper?

I have recently purchased one of UADs Plugin-Amps, and I want to apply an amp on my Kempers LINE IN, but without effecting the sound from the kempers side - as if it's connected directly to my UAD audio interface (direct sound).

I have tried disabling the STOMPS, STACK & EFFECTS on my Kemper, but I noticed it sounds differently (and worse) in comparison to connecting my guitar directly to my UAD audio interface + I have noticed the the VOLUME and MASTER VOLUME knobs do apply changes on my sound, so I'm for sure - not getting the "pure" direct guitar sound as if it's connected directly to my audio interface.

I'm not using a power amp...

3. So you say it's better to buy an amplifier and connect my guitar to it, then to the kemper, and only then to my apollo?
    4. You mean, Kemper SPDIF OUT=> Apollo SPDIF in and then what?

Hi!

I own the old white Kemper HEAD profiler and Universal Apollo Twin USB audio interface.
    Currently I have my Kemper "Monitor Out" connected to one of my Apollo Twin inputs and use the volume knob (to amplify my kemper? )
    [guitar] => [kemper] => [apollo twin]

Up until now this worked for me but I still wonder if this the right way to use it?
    Shouldn't the Apollo Twin USB come first (to amplify the guitar) and only then to the Kemper Profiler?
    [guitar] => [apollo twin] => [kemper] (but how?)
    What is the right way to do this to get the best result?

Tnx.

Hi!

I own the old white Kemper HEAD profiler and Universal Apollo Twin USB audio interface.
    Currently I have my Kemper "Monitor Out" connected to one of my Apollo Twin inputs and use the volume knob (to amplify my kemper? ?( )
    [guitar] => [kemper] => [apollo twin]

Up until now this worked for me but I still wonder if this the right way to use it?
    Shouldn't the Apollo Twin USB come first (to amplify the guitar) and only then to the Kemper Profiler?
    [guitar] => [apollo twin] => [kemper] (but how?)
    What is the right way to do this to get the best result?

Tnx.

The biggest problem I had at the beginning is that I edited but did not save.
    Always press "save" before you go to another rig or performance.
    Its clearly documented that to change any value does not mean that it is stored.
    If you send via RM a new Rig it does not mean that it is storaged in the performance. You have to store the performance at the Kemper.

If this is not your problem then you have to contact the supprt.

That's what I did (when you say "save" you mean pressing the "STORE" button 3 times?)
    by doing this and selecting the slot on my Rig Manager I don't see the effects, but when I tried doing this with only the pedal I did see the effects.
    I deleted everything again and did the same and everything seems fine.

Hi,
    I got my Remote for Kemper and there are a few things I think I still don't understand:

I have followed the tutorials for the Remote (/performance mode) - up until here everything is good.
    I have noticed that I can do this through rig manager which will make everything muuuuch easier.

I cleared all my performances completely and started to assign new ones.
    After listing 5 amps, I went though them all and assigned the effects (the default ones that are set to the profiles).
    When I'm done and navigate between my slots/performances, I noticed that all the effects i have assigned disappeared.
    I encountered an other problem - Whenever i want to override an amp on slot 4 for example, I copy the profile and paste it to the slot - it works fine, but later after navigating between others - it kinda changes my amp profile.

Is there any proper tutorial or documentation for that?
    Or is that a bug with the profiler/remote software?
    Currently using:
    5.4.1 OS
    &
    Rig Manager 2.1.26