Posts by Guvnor64

Greetings,

When using high gain profiles, I have noticed a horrible static tone when palm muting riffs? Any KPA users experiencing this as well? If so, any solutions suggested?

Thank you!

Greetings all,

Since updating to the latest Beta, I have noticed a small number 42 in a box located in the Rig Title Field lower right corner. Does anyone know the purpose or what this means?

Thanks!

Greetings all,

How can I remove cabinet impulse responses I imported on to my KPA via USB stick? I prefer keeping my choices simple therefore, I would like to remove those not needed IR.

Thank you for comments and suggestions.

Problem solved...Initially, I watched a Mission Engineering video on YouTube from 2012.....today, I found a more recent video where ME takes you through the software update and the new expression pedal set up. Simple. Effective. I am in business.

Greetings all -

i am am having issues setting up the wah parameters. First, I added the crybaby wah selection in the stomps. Under the system menu, I set up pedal 1 to wah. I connected a TRS cable out of pedal one to input 1 on my Mission Engineering pedal. I get wah tones but, the wah does not sweep with the pedal. I played around with the wah parameters and, once again, I get wah tones but not with the pedal. Under the wah parameters, if I turn the manual switch in any direction, my Soldano high gain tone becomes clean. When this happens, I also lose communicatin wth the rig manager. I have to restart my computer and shut down the KPA to regain my original tone and Rig Manager connection.

Do I need to use two cables as explained in the Mission Engineerng YouTube video?

i will greatly appreciate suggestions and parameter wah settings if possible. In fact, I will gladly buy coffee to those who help me out. In all honesty, I do feel like a dweeb because I cannot get the wah to work....

thanks,

Mark

Greetings - This just started....when opening the Rig Manager from my dock, I get the following message: Cannot log into Profiler Rig Exchange. Please verify your user name and password in the preference panel. I am logged in correctly. When I shut down Rig Manager, I get this message: Rig Manager is performing a task. Do you really want to quit before the task is complete?

I am up to date with all software. When I open the Rig Manager preferences, my user name is correct but, the APPLY but is not active. When I check my user name and password in the Rig Exchange tab and click Test Login Credentials, I get this message: Cannot connect to Rig Exchange server.

Is this just a temporary bug related to the web-site update? I can log in to my account successfully on the Kemper web-site.

Thoughts?

Greetings all - I successfully updated my Kemper to the new OS 4. No issues. I downloaded the Factory Content 4 package and inside there are various folders....How do I get this content on to my Kemper? Is it a matter of dragging these files to the SHARED FILE on my Kemper formatted USB? My apologies if this is a newbie question.

Great question and answer as I was wondering this as well. Although I have not worked with Performance Mode yet, I do have a question I hope is not elementary. If you create a performance with a few profiles and tweak the amp profiles, will storing the performance save all the tweaks done to the individual amp profiles in the performance?

Please forgive my elementary question: OK, here is what I got going. In the Rig Manager, under the Local Library, I created a sub folder called "My Name". I dragged some of my favorite profiles in to this folder. Made some tweaks to a profile and went to store the tweaked profile. I can only "save as". However, if I load this same profile from "MyProfiler", I get the option to replace, save as and rename. What am I missing? Is the subfolder I created just a folder to hold some of my chosen profiles and if I tweak these and plan to store them in this sub-folder, I need to save as to prevent overwriting the rig in MyProfiler? Please do not beat me up over this question; I recently got beat up over another issue on TGP and I would greatly appreciate the professionalism from this forum.

As soon as the track is complete I will post it.

Your Boogie profile needed little tweaking. As soon as I pulled it up and started playing, I was inspired to lay down a track. I increased the mids slightly and went to tape. Looking forward to tracking the reaso of the melody lines this week.

I had much success recording some tracks this evening. I needed a sweet sustain lead tone and found the perfect profile from Jose7822's website. The Boogie MK V profile was perfect for my track. Armed with a Don Grosh ElectraJet, my tone was singing for days. The othe profile I used for some harmony lines was the Marshall Super Lead from TopJimi.

No,sir. My apologies for not mentioning this. My brain is mush after taking my family to see Zootopia. I will not print FXs because I prefer to add FXs during the mix down process.

Thank you for your quick reply.

Greetings all,

I will be using my new Kemper solely for recording. My interface is the UAD Apollo DUO. Before I got the Kemper, I was using an 11R for the amp models. I did not use the 11R as my interface. I simply went out of the left main out in to my interface. I got good results. We can argue going digital to analog back to digital but, layering mono tracks in to a mix, I could not hear anything bad. I intend to follow this same procedure with the Kemper however; do I need to change the output to MASTER MONO? Like I said, simple question. I have no desire to take advantage of the revamping features because I prefer to capture the tone at the source before committing to tape, so to speak.