Posts by stratattack

Welcome ScaryGroove . . .

It is a bit overwhelming with all the choices available in the KPA plus all the profile for sale but it s a great thing to have so many options. I tried to do/try too much at first and went a bit nuts in the process. Now I'm just finding a few profiles that I like and go from there. Having the remote is great, also.

As far as guitar cabs or FRFR goes, use your ears, it's what I did. I found I prefer FRFR for the KPA. I was using Yamaha DBR 10 PA speakers with a 12" sub but have swapped them out for a Friedman ASM 12 and to me, at least, there is a world of difference in tone and feel which I like.

Use the Force, Luke. ^^

Enjoy the Ride .

CLR has many more options to it. I'm hoping to try one out soon.

I was considering a CLR ( the regular, not the Neo version) and also XiTone powered cabs but I'm happy with my ASM 12. I know I'll be getting another to run in stereo. I'm on the Fractal waitlist for the AX8 and the invites are flying now so I may put off buying another ASM 12 for the moment. Then again, maybe not. Let me know how you like the CLR. Maybe we can make a deal if you drop your Friedman.

Very nice sounding unit but I think I may want to send it back and go for the CLR.

Please, by all means , send it back and I'll buy it as a "demo" model from them. 8o
    I just got a Friedman ASM 12 from Sweetwater a few days ago and am thrilled by it. Yes, it's heavy, the handle makes sense to me if I don't lift it in a hurry. I was playing my KPA thru a pair of Yamaha DBR 10's with a Behringer 12" sub and the Friedman sounds way way better, not boxy the way the Yamahas do. I put a the a stock profile of a Fender Twin thru it and I was stunned by the difference. The thing is plenty loud and full sounding.

I do hope you find something you are happy with. For me the ASM 12 is a good deal on price and quality. I just wish Friedman would've put a combo 1/4"/XLR input on it instead of just the XLR.

Best of luck in your search.

How about this? . . .IF someone is selling KPA with a bunch of commercial profiles in it what good would keeping those Profiles be to the seller since they are KPA specific? They might as well advertise these as a "bonus" of some kind but what they really are is just something the seller can't use in the future. After all, they won't translate over to an Ax Fx or Helix.

just a thought . . . . :whistling:

Welcome Rocztar . . . . you will find many good profiles for the Kemper . . .and it will be much easier to move around than a 4x12 cab. There are lots of good folks here with a ton of knowledge about the KPA.

TopJimi, Pete's Profiles, The Amp Factory, Michael Britt Profiles, plus the Rig Exchange are all great sources for tons and tons of sounds. In many ways it is the best All You Can Eat Tone Buffet you can find.

Enjoy the ride. ^^

Welcome Xavi . . . the KPA is a great machine . . .I used to have a yearning for a VG 99 and kept waiting for Roland to update it as I thought it would be great. They haven't and from what I can see they have no intention of doing so.

Enjoy your Kemper, I am. There are some great folks here on the forums, very helpful and friendly.

Heya Eddie . .I'm using 2 Yamaha DBR 10s ( they are a step down from the DXR models) along with a Behringer 12" Eurolive sub using XLR AES/EBU cables and it sounds OK but there is something there that doesn't quite sit right . .boxy is a good word. I've been checking out the Friedman ASM 12 ( heavy 52 pounds, $799) , Atomic CLR ($999, 45 pounds), XiTone 1x12 power cab "Walliman" model ($950 including shipping)., XiTone passive cab is $ 500 w/shipping but I think it only has a 1/4" input and no XLR. It's hard to tell as their website has little info on the inputs and the pictures of the cabs are practically useless. Also have been considering going Matrix power amp, most likely GT800FX ( $599) and Matrix passive Q12a cab ( $749). The powered Matrix Q12a is $1049.

There is a lot to chose from BUT there also is no big hurry to go frantic and buy a bunch of stuff. Ingolf is correct. Take some time and play with it. I've been tweaking my Toaster a bit and it helps depending on the profile ( stock KPA profiles, MBritt Tweedy pack).

So, order a pizza and start twisting those knobs and enjoy it, I am. Tho I will admit I've got my DBRs and behringer sub up on Craig's List.

Peace.

I picked up a demo Furman PL-8C from Sweetwater a week and half ago. I figured since I was making a pretty decent investment into my KPA it was worth the extra expense, plus my home is very old and the wiring is not the newest . For me its about peace of mind. And the lights on the unit are pretty cool, too. 8o

. This is all about capturing the Axe's stock state as accurately as possible at it's curent firmware today.

Then you are profiling the new Quantum FW, yes? I'm surprised Cliff hasn't sent the lawyers after you. :D I appreciate your efforts here Deadpan and will get around to getting some of these profiles. I am interested in the Buttery, Morgan 20 and HBE , as I've seen guys on the FAS forums crowing about them.

Hey folks . .I'm thinking of buying the Friedman asm 12 and was wondering what your experiences with it have been , for good or ill. Can you compare it to some of your other FRFR rigs? Is it worth the price ? Any helpful insights, advice, opinions are welcome.

Thanks in advance.

Up to now, with the old delays ( now consolidated into the legacy delay) there's no reverse delay.

GAH!! My first complaint about my Kemper!! I'm totally crushed and disillusioned!!! :D Well . . looks like its back to the 'ol POD HD for me . . . . . NOT!!!

Tho you would think that by now we would have one for that Beatlesque or Hendrix vibe some of us love to do.

There are worse things in life to suffer with. :whistling: