Posts by macsearcher

Hey All,
    I'm wondering if anyone here has any thoughts on where I might find a profile that sounds similar to this, commercial or otherwise,

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

It's the sweet and throaty mids that do it for me. It seems to sound thick and full yet open at the same time.
    I believe that it's as much the sound of the cabinet as it is the actual amp (it's made from an old Bell and Howell film projector and it's very similar to the one that Blake Mills uses)

Thanks so much everyone. Loving this forum and my Kemper.

Hey all,
    I am wondering if any of you can offer some suggestions of the best profiles for old, simple circuit, amps.
    I'm drawn to things like Valco, Supro, National, Selmer etc.
    The bests amps that I have ever heard were made from old film projectors called a Film-o-Sounds. The amps were made in Canada by the legendary Berne Raunig.
    I'm still searching for that elusive tone.
    Thanks so much.

Hey Shane, I just picked up a soft step 2 and I've been using your preset. Thanks so much. Very cool indeed.
    I am wondering if you have done any more work on this since your last post.
    As of now, I have play/record, stop and 1/2 speed working well but undo and reverse are acting strangely.
    I can only get it to go into 1/2 speed mode where it plays forward/back/forward/back in a loop.
    Undo doesn't seem to have any effect.

Ah no, that seems to be truncated. You have to send four commands. Do a search and you'll find them.

Hey Nightlight, thanks for the advice. I tried using all four commands and it worked. It's a bit convoluted but actually not too bad for studio use. Once you input the first two commands, you only need to send the second two for each future on/off message.
    I did find some interesting behaviour for the reverse sequence. It seems that the sequence for this (ReverseCC#99 V125, CC#98 V91, CC#06 V0, CC#38 V1 (on press), V0 (on release) has the following behaviour.
    Press one - plays through in reverse than normal in a loop ----> <---- etc.
    Press two - plays reverse only
    Press three - plays normal

Hello All, I'm wondering if some of you could direct me to a thread or a section where I can find equipment that has been profiled that falls outside of the guitar/bass amp category.
    I am enjoying using the Kepmer in my studio as a re-amp device for many instruments and I believe that the unit can model many different devices effectively.
    Thanks very much

Hmmm.
    I am referencing this section of the OP's tutorial.
    It looks like you would just have this on two pads.
    Am I missing something here?

Hello all. I'm wondering if any of you can offer suggestions or help.
    I'm trying to get this working with a Korg padKONTROL.
    This is a drum pad (see attached)
    I've been at this for a few hours and I'm pulling my hair out trying to get this to work. (see attached)
    I can set any pad to send a CC# and then I am able to assign a fixed velocity and a release velocity.
    Let's say that I'm trying to access the reverse function.
    My understanding from the OP's post is that I would assign one pad to send CC#98 with a velocity of 91 and a release velocity of 0.
    Then a second pad would send CC#38 with a velocity of 1 and a release velocity of 0.
    I am seeing midi activity on the Kemper but I am not able to affect any changes.
    I realize that this isn't ideal but it is for use in my studio and my main interest is in being able to access the reverse/half-time/trigger functions.
    I am currently using a foot switch for the play/record and stop functions.

Nice to hear from some of you.
    While I'm excited to use the Kemper in the studio for it's FX, I'm particularly interested in it's use as a re-amper. Putting drums, vocals, keyboards etc. through different amplifiers and cabinets opens up a world of possibilities.
    I experimented this morning with a snare drum smashed through a Trainwreck with a bit of spring reverb. Sounds pretty damned glorious.

Hello all. First off I'd like to introduce myself, I'm brand new to the forum. I'm a producer from Toronto, Canada and I'm happy to be here.
    I'm wondering how many people here are using their Kemper as a processing box in their studios.
    I am, of course, using it for guitar and loving it but I'm also excited with the possibilities to use it for other instruments. I was putting some drums through it this morning and loving the possibilities. Very cool indeed.
    It would be great to hear any ways that some of you are using it in your studios.