Posts by joust

Has anyone heard of this? Tried it? Sounds like a great idea. According to what I've read about it, it works with tube amps that have a fixed bias. I found this on another forum from Carvin,

"The typical tube amp is a fixed bias amplifier. These may have an adjustment pot or a fixed resistor for the bias voltage setting, but either way they are called a fixed bias amplifier when there is no cathode resistor on the output tubes. The bias current is set purely by the input bias voltage."

Im confused, does this mean the Divo will work with any tube amp? If so why does Orange emphasize "Fixed Bias" in the owners manual.

I would be absolutely shocked if the Ebtech Hum eliminator made any difference whatsoever to your problem. As far as I understand it the Ebtech is a transformer based ground loop eliminator. It electrically isolates one device in the chain from ground via a transformer. Definitely works for ground loops (I have a Palmer and an ART version of the same thing and they work a treat) however, the problem can't be a ground loop if you are getting it with a battery powered amp which isn't grounded.

When you walk out the house the noise seems to stop (or at least significantly decrease) then it reappears when you renter the house. That suggests to me that it is airborne interference from something inside the house. I'm no expert of this type of thing though so you will need someone else to help you actually find the source.

Well if it doesn't work he could always return it as he stated.

one question , how differs this from a normal lets say ehx dehum pedal ?

I dont know anything about the ehx pedal.I have the EBtech.I was getting a very loud hum / buzz,from my Dual Rec,very annoying indeed. Bought the EBtech,no more buzzes bells and whistles ,all GONE. I dont know if it'll help, but its sure worth a try.And like you said you can just return it if it doesnt work. Good Luck.

I've been considering purchase of an AxeFx 3. Last night I had a dream the new Kemper 2 was released. Lost all interest in the AxeFx3, I dont care how long, I'll wait! 8o

Im not sure this will help but have you looked into the EBTECH Hum Eliminator..Its for ground loops.Simple plug and playI have one and it works great with my Mesa Dual Rec.

Yup , kemper support was useless and unapologetic , just saying , oh it should work, my cc company confirmed in real time it was not on their end , If someone from kemper was stepping up I'd have thought they'd say call us or arrange with the distributer [ my best deal was buying from the uk at the time , exchange rate is worse now ] to buy over the phone!
    it's in the 6-700 range now and it's not the world's greatest controller , convenient and well matched so I'd prefer it over a cheaper Berhringer , but if I'm going to spend upwards of 7-800
    I'll spend a little more and get a Helix floorboard instead.

KEMPER ! Are you listening ?

Greg, Im not getting what you're ranting about. 6-700? for a remote? As stated, I just bought a new remote for $469 shipped.

The velcro can be removed easily and the glue residue wipes off with Naptha so you would never know it had been there.

Having said that, the one I picked up the other week was/is in perfect condition and looks like new.

I have no problem buying used gear BUT if I’m taking the risk I expect the price to reflect it. Mine was equivalent of $360 US which I consider fair depreciation for a good condition used pedal. That’s FAIR not GREAT or BARGAIN. At $400 and up I would just buy new.

I have NP buying used gear either,When it looks beat to S**T,thats a different story

No I have not bought anything yet..Every one I've come across(used) was beat on pretty bad , 2 had glued velcro on the bottom, one had missing feet on the under side. All asking $400. Might as well pay the extra $70 and get a brand new one with full warranty.