Posts by joust

Hi, I'd like opinions please. I have profiled my amps like most of us have,with a mic on cab and/or direct, plugged into the kemper. Other than going to a pro studio, has anyone tried to create profiles using their audio interface with plugins like waves SSL 4000 series console? Simulating what the BIG studios use? I dont have a mixer just a few dynamic and condenser mic's (SM58/ 2 MXL's), an RME Fireface ucx with great mic pre's and some audio plugins. If you have tried this type of set up how were the results compared to just plugging in a mic to your kemper.

Haters gonna hate,who cares what that idiots FB page says. All us Kemper owners know the truth,and there's plenty of demos on youtube to prove that.I also want to add that on my kemper,some of the led's burnt out. The warranty has long since expired and kemper fixed it for FREE,didn't cost me a dime, not even for the shipping. How many companies do you know would do that?

If I edit and tweak a rig in my local library,is there a way to save the edited rig to "local library" instead of the default "my profiler"? That way I dont wind up with 3 or 4 rigs with the same name but different settings in the my profile section of rig manager.

Does anyone know what a guitars tone control position would be equivalent to an EQ? For example 10=10k 9=9k 8=8k etc. I never use my guitars tone control,always left it wide open.(cept for clean tones) I find on a clean setting using the bridge pickup,I like the tone set at 4.Its warm and round, not cutting,like on 10.

When I used 10's many years ago, I broke lots of strings.
    After moving to 11's I hardly break any.
    Do you play hard?

Hi, No I dont pick very hard.I mainly use the extra large jazz 3's or sometimes the Petrucci sig pics.I do have a very wide vibrato technique similar to zakk wylde.I have tried 10's in the past but I dont like the resistance when bending,so 11's wont cut it for me.Luntho's suggestion seems logical,If all else fails I'll have to resort to soldering again...

There doesnt seem to be a proper place to put this subject so here goes.I break strings quite a bit.Mostly my high E(.009)I use ernie ball hybrid slinky's..009-.046.The breakage always seems to happen at the ball end of the high E.I have no sharp edges on the bridge (gibson style tune-o mattic with roller saddles) and the nut is a tusq material.I tune this SG down a whole step to avoid the string breakage.A few years back I used to solder the ball ends,that worked out great but was a real hassle to do all the time.Anyone care to share any tricks you my have to avoid string breakage?

Rob Chapman Signature Gravity pick. I have millions ( well maybe not that many ) of everyone`s picks on the market and these I have just received and tried for a while and it looks like they are the flavour of the year for me.
    Just takes forever to get them all the way down here. Its the material and the pointedness and non buffed edge that fools me into thinking Im playing better.............but.. maybe I am ? Great pick .

I've just seen that pick advertised on sweetwater yesterday.I have a gravity razor standard 1.5 mm.I really like that pick.I also have a few dawman shred picks,but they're to thick (3mm)for my taste.I also like the curvy sik pik (D35)..Im thinking of getting the RC sig grav pick,@ 2mm I dont think I'll have an issue with it.

My camplifier 360 arrived yesterday.Very nice piece of gear.The sound is very clear,not muddy and dull like I have previously experienced with other SS amps..And its LOUD.Im happy with my decision to purchase.

I was doing some web surfing and came across a video on youtube featuring Steven Fryette demoing a soild state amp they made.He was using a kemper.It sounded great.He then said he was using a valvulator with this rig.I bought one of these things in the 80's but never really used it.Mine is a VHT valvulator 1.So I started digging through all my gear and miraculously found it.Hooked it up and the kemper came to life.No boxy lifeless tone as before.The highs were crystal clear and the lows were round and warm.I dont exactly know what this thing does or how it does it but it works.Its probably coloring the tone but I think in a good way.Cant wait to try this out with the camplifier 360.