Posts by Evo

Just thought that I would chime in with my recent experience taking the Kemper out for its first gig.

Beforehand, I did have the advantage of having run an axe fx 2 rig for around a year. I experimented with both FRFR monitors and power amp/cab setups there so I was familiar with the different setups.

When I bought the Kemper, all of the different options came flooding back. How the FRFR sounded great, but the "real cab" tone was lovely to have on stage too and to be honest, I was completely overthinking it. It was a real issue with the axe fx to find the right setup and get everything sounding good on stage but the Kemper was just sounding great no matter what it went through. In the end, I just went with the lightest and easiest to set up option, single 1x12 and straight into the PA.

Sounded awesome all night!

Excellent,
    it sounds like I'm just being a little conservative about running it at the levels it needs.

I'd still like to have a comparison if anybody could help me out though :)

Not tried the power amp boost yet, I just thought it sounded a bit lower than I expected from a power amp of that rating. It doesn't seem to add up, as the speaker is rated at 100w RMS, running a 300w power amp at the max should be well into "blowing the speaker" territory and it's not even close (having said that, I haven't run the power amp boost yet. This could well be the key)

If anyone fancies downloading a db meter app to their phone and giving me an idea of what volumes others are kicking out then that'd be aces!

Or even what settings you hit around 100db if you aren't in a position to really crank it ;)

Hi guys,

New Kemper owner here just trying to suss everything out. I'm sure many of you are running exactly the same setup as I am planning and was wondering if you could help me out?

Could somebody with a power rack, a 16 ohm guitar cab and a generous spirit let me know roughly what db output you get from your cab on the Gundy Nile Rodgers profile?

Mine maxes out at around 100-102 db which seems a bit on the low side for a "300w" power amp. I've unlinked the main output and set that at -18db which seems to be the general advice on here and left the monitor output linked to control it from the front. Cab is a 100w eminence 1x12 and guitar is a Kotzen telecaster. Can you think of anything i've likely missed or is that about right?

Thanks everyone!

David