Posts by Neil_Fallon

I assume you mean CABINET ;)

are you turning up loud enough? I can imagine that very low listening levels could lead to a perceived 'dull' sound.
    have you tried this at normal (whatever that means) rehearsal levels?

Well, this is kind of awkward and even slightly embarrassing.
    When the opportunity arose I cranked up the volume a bit more than my usual practice level and whata you know, the "perceived" dull sound as you pointed turned into a crystal clear bliss.
    Since the cab is brand new, I didn't have the opportunity to give it a go at louder levels.
    I did not imagine that some guitar cabinets needed to be driven a bit harder to achieve their optimal volume operating level.
    Thank you so very much for diverting my attention to this small but yet important piece of advice, much appreciated :thumbup::)

Thanks for your quick reply DonPetersen.
    Yes, they're true direct amp profiles and the amp soft button is unlit.
    Speaker cable is VOVOX Sonorus Drive.
    Whatever profile I use, including studio profiles with cabs switched off, they all sound muffled unless the presence is upped significantly, even the ones that sound good through headphones.
    The cabinet is brand new so I really cannot pinpoint the problem...

Hello everyone, new Kemper user here with a bit of a problem that I really need some help with.

I bought a powered version and have an ENGL 4X12 cab connected to it along with headphones.

Now, while all the profiles sound truly amazing through headphones, once I switch to the cabinet they all seem to sound very dull and muffled in comparison, as in I have to crank up the presence in the monitor output section to +5 to get some decent sounds out of it.

A few things to clear things up a bit and help with finding a solution to this:

I use DI profiles only when playing through a cabinet

Monitor volume in OUTPUT section is set to 50%

“Monitor Cab Off” section is ticket.

Monitor Output EQ poresence is as previously stated, set to +5.

“Pure Cabinet” is off.

Any kind of advice would be much appreciated at this point, and I thank you kindly in advance :)