Posts by Gryzor

This is so incorrect. The 112 I have barely gets off of 2 in my bedroom-size practice space.

Tell that to John Pettrucci who not only plays with 1x12 (his Signature Boogie) but also recorded quite a few albums with one. :)

Who would have guessed, …there was a Mixer next to where I was supposed to play with two free XLR inputs, going to the PA directly (together with all Vocals/Drums/etc.) So the VOXAC30 owner frowned at me and said “wait, you don’t…want to use the amp? ˙mmmmm ok…” so he was very skeptical, but Kemper being Kemper… all turned out to be ok. Thanks for the responses!

I did look into the AC30 (which seemed to have a few winters under its belt), and it did have a SEND/RETURN but no line input or way to “reuse” the speakers, so my Plan B was going to try sending the Monitor Output (Cab Sim Off) to it and see what happens, and my plan C was going to put a backup pedal for some gain and go 100% amp.

Time between bands was 5-10 min which was enough for me to unplug 2 cables from the Mixer, Kemper’s power cord and pedalboard neutrik xlr, unplug guitar and put in case, put kemper in case, pedalboard on top, cables in pockets and be out of the stage in under 4 minutes.

Thanks for all the responses.

Hi,

I have an usual question.
    I have a powered Kemper and I have my own cabinet that I usually plug into the powered output of the Kemper (with Cab Sim off), since it’s the powered unit going into a real guitar cabinet.

In most venues I plug to the provided PA system via Kemper’s Main output(s) and that goes to the front of the house. All is good.

But I have a small gig where there will be a VOX AC30 amp (Combo afaik) and no PA. Since I have no AC30 to experiment, what would be the best way to use my Kemper (and profiles/performances) by utilizing the AC 30’s cabinet?

The way I see it, the VOX Amp has no way to “unplug” the speaker from the back and plug it to the Kemper power output directly (like some Combo amps have), so I was thinking maybe plug the monitor out of my Kemper into the Effects Return of the VOX? (With CAB SIM OFF, of course, as usual).

Would that work? It’s a small venue so I don’t need anything too fancy.

Plan B will be to just use the VOX “as is” and leave the kemper at home. One has to be flexible :)

No. I can’t change the conditions, I’m a guest (meaning I can’t bring MY cab or anything)

Thanks! :)

Don’t get mad people the unit is still awesome :)

No new things released, that has been re-confirmed by them (but… I insist, I am just a guy walking by, they have no reason to tell me corporate secrets in advance).

I can attest the booth is not huge and therefore any “secret” product must be hidden elsewhere or be very small :)

Here’s the Booth: (Thumbnail)

Did they say when they are going to have new Reverbs? At NAMM or just some time in the future?

It was noisy and I don’t exactly recall but I’m positive the answer was more along the lines of “later this year” than “later this week”. Do not quote me because I don’t remember.

That being said, I’ll ask tomorrow again.

I have been at the NAMM 18 Booth this afternoon and I asked: “are you guys releasing anything new at Namm?”

“Not this time, we’re going to have new Reverbs, but not a new product”.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I’ll post a pic tomorrow for those unable to attend and curious about it.

Ah yes. I confused the x32 with the Behringer X18. Thats the one I was looking at. Too many model number!

Bear in mind that we use that, and the WiFi router that comes included with it is so bad, you still need a “decent” (even a 50 dollar router is 10x better) external one. We simply plugged an old 6+ years old Apple Extreme that I had in a drawer and everything suddenly worked 10x more reliably.

Anyway, nice setup. I’m trying to make other bandmates to go wireless but they don’t have a lot of extra $$$ to afford it yet.

I contacted support and they sent me UPS labels to ship both my Kemper and the Remote. About two weeks later (including shipping time), I got them back and now they are working perfectly. They even called me to let me know that I was going to receive TWO packages (remote + Kemper) separately so I wouldn't panic when only one box arrived.

They replaced the board and put a new one in. Excellent customer service.

I brought the unit @ Reverb and it appeared to have had two previous owners.

Anyway, thanks Kemper for the great post-sale service. This was Kemper USA, after I got an initial response from Kemper Germany which put me in contact with the USA support.

I think the morphing feature could be much more useful if an effect could be entirely turned off/on at the end of the morph.

I know for a fact (because I recorded a couple of clips) that some effects are *not* 100% transparent, even when the MIX is set to 0% and/or other values are zeroed or centered. For example a green screamer, compressors, even a chorus seems to produce level variations. I didn't try them all, (there are hundreds!).

I understand this may produce "unwanted" clipping and/or crossover but for going from a super clean/chorus/compressed sound to a heavier gain where you do *not* want either the chorus, compressor, etc., it would be nice that when the morph is completed, the effects simply turn off 100%. This also gives one the chance to re-enable them via the Remote (if we have them configured), as it stands now, your only bet is to go to another rig in your performance.

I have noticed that my unit's date and time was off every single day… I'd go to settings, set it up and then, the next day it was wrong by 1 day and some hours/minutes.

I have been searching and learned that some people experience these kind of troubles (slow or fast clocks) by a few secs/mins a day. That'd be acceptable, I guess.

Today I decided to see "how bad it was" or when it happened. So I set the clock to the right time and decided to leave the Kemper powered (thinking It may have been a battery problem). After a couple of minutes I casually noticed it was already off by 1 minute (fast). Shocked I re-set the time to the right minute/sec (next to my phone/computer) but this time, I decided to start a stopwatch to measure how long was a Kemper minute…

To my disbelief, after 44.7 seconds, the Kemper advanced to the next minute. Meaning I'm either traveling really fast (speed of light-ish) or something is weird. This behavior explained why today (Friday 27th) the date was indicating Sat 28th… (when I set it up yesterday or the day before yesterday) and the time was somewhere but the right hour/minute. It has been running 45 second minutes… so it's advancing like a mofo!

Granted, I'm running 5.1.x Beta but I don't know if this is a common occurrence or if I should seek support?

Thanks in advance.

?(