Posts by Pau1968

I have the same experience.

I would belive I should be able to get the same sound as in the samples in YouTube or Soundcloud as long as I play the samples trough the same monitors my Kemper is connected to. I play at same wolume and different guitars and pickups. But it sounds very different.

I fieel it gets closer if I play at gig volume but at practice level the samles is much fuller and more clear imo.

I heard from profile authors that the samples is direct recordings from the Kemper, but to me it sounds like it's recorded from cabinets or bigger monitors cranked.

I don't know if that make sense or other have same experience....

Volume makes big difference imo

Thanks for good tips.
    It's actually old ACDC tracks I had in mind.
    Detune the songs might be the way to go ☺️
    Thanks again

Yes I have.
    Kemper got new software many times after my manual was printed so the manual don't cover all functions in the Kemper.
    Thanks for grate help

Is there a way to detune the pitch like transpose function but in half step or less, so you don't need to detune the guitar when playing after recordings that is not at right pitch?

Regards Paul

I have the monitors on stands on my desktop pointing towards me at CA 80cm distance.
    The strange thing is that when I listen to music or profile samples it sounds good.
    But when I play with the same profiles as used in the samples at same volume they don't sound as clear and good.
    When I turn up the volume the sound much better.

When I play through my monitors (Fluid audio)
    I need to crank the volume to get a good sound. Maybe it's my ears, but on low volume they sound dull and muffled.
    I wonder if anyone can recommend some monitors who are grate at lowe volume or if anyone cnow if there is a loudness item or equalizer with built-in loudness function on the market.
    Maybe the best and easy way is to use the output tone control in the Kemper?
    Any tips from other Kemper users beside using headphones is apprisiateed
    Regards Paul...

I guess that's right. I play at home not exactly gig level even I also have a Yamaha DXR12.
    muds are also rised so it's not exactly scoped. The clarity is so much improved, and I am happy

What I meant is that it seams like the eq on my Kemper is not calibrated optimal. At least to my taste bass, muds, treble and prevents should be rised. Strange but it helped.
    Music sounds good so the monitors is not the problem.

I have two sets good quality monitors and they sound the same. Musick sounds good and samples of profiles sounds good. Now my Kemper sound amazing., but with flat eq it was dull and had no definition or crunch.

I had my Kemper for a while now, and most of the profiles if not all sounded a bit dull until now.
    I have been searching and reading that many had the same experience and the profiles are mid heavy, bassy and leaking definition. I always set my output eq flat and thought thats the way to do it with studio monitors. I also tried to tweak the eq a bit but the result was not what I was after.
    Today I raised bass, mid, treble and precens all to 2,5 and even at 5. The sound was super clear and so much better to my ears than it was at 0. I always thought that it would be the same just louder and the optimal setting was around 0. I dont know exactly why the sound improved so dramaticaly, but I am so much moore happy With the sound now. I am shure its not just a volume boost, couse I tried on different volume. My Impression is that the eq should have been calibrated different. Atleast on my Kemper.
    I Wonder what settings people are using on the output eq, please let me know :)

Regards :)

I am looking for best package of profiles of JVM or JCM 2000 profiles for rock and blues tones.
    I consider Deadlight studios and Sounds ide profiles. If someone have experience or recommendations on complete packages for live use frfr or guitar cabinet I would love to hear your oppinions
    Also interested I free samples to try out
    Regards Paul :)

Copy paste function on folders and more levels on folder would be nice :)
    Different folder icons so its easier to organise profiles in different categories.
    Also restart or a way to connect to the Kemper and rig exchange when Kemper loose the contact instead of closing and load Rig Manager again.
    It could also be nice to see snapshots in Rig manager if posable.
    Anyway I organised Rig Manager with lots of new folders and dragging and deleting files, copy paste would have saved lots of work for me :)

I like to have bigger range on the volume in.distorton effects. Its to loud even when the volume is all the way down. Also it would be nice with tone controll or eq to tweek the tone of all the distortion effects.
    More pedals and a way to sort them without scrollking throug every effect to find the would be greate :)

Thats good enough for me. I used to lock the amp on Kemper and scroll on the Kemper, but doing it in Rig manager is much quicker and its easier to select the cabs I like to try out.
    I am not so used to Rig manager, but I will give it a try.