Posts by calin_turcu

But how you copied amp block which was not in browse pool?

I dont understand the question. The rig was copied entirely with drag&drop in RM from local library to the Kpa section. Imediately after, i could not find the new amp in the list when browsing (while being in another rig), after a restart it appeared.

In the mean time i've upgraded to 5.1 and rm 2.0, dont know if the problem still exists, it's not so annoying since i can use the copy/paste buttons

Latest OS (5.03) and RM 1.6.39 Mac.
    Maybe this is normal behaviour or I've found a bug: I tried to change the amp in an existing profile on the Kemper with another amp, from a profile that I've just copied via Rig Manager to KPA.
    I've selected the old profile, pressed the Amp button, pressed the Browse knob ("From Rigs" soft button was selected) and I couldn't see the new amp in the list.
    After a shutdown and restart of the Kemper the amp was found in the list. This tells me that the list of amps is refreshed only upon initialisation.
    I've also changed from Browse mode to Tuner or Performance, but no refresh was triggered.
    Since the shutdown/new start cycle takes a while, this is a bit unpleasant. Can I force a refresh somehow? Normal behaviour or bug?

Later update: my workaround was to copy/paste with the dedicated buttons the amp block from one profile to the other.

This is utopical, but if Kemper were to test the OS 5 like automotive companies test embedded software, which is much simple, then they would have a release version every 2-4 years :) And maybe an outside team that had to go over each line of code the first team wrote and check it. And test every possible scenario, a difference being possibly made by just increasing one parameter of one "black box" (ex. stomp). And don't forget the hardware, each component would have to be tested, for each device build - 100% QS tests for everything. I'm much more happy to have frequent updates that work 99% percent of the time.

Where is my thread here in "active themes"? Over 200 posts and it's gone?

I presume the algorithm looks at the frequency of posts in the last X days, because I've noticed that "OS 5 Experience thread" also disappeared from that top.
    On the main topic: thanks for the delays, I'm learning to play U2 songs based on your work!

it's very easy to profile another modeler.

You mean that all you need are cables for send and return, right?
    I never profiled anything, but I might help a friend when he transitions from L6 POD HD 500 to KPA and I know he invested a lot of time in his tone, so this topic might come handy - many thanks for it.

Installed the update - flawless. I tested the delays and I was expecting the 2 LEDs above the Delay button to react, somehow, different based on the new types of delays (stereo, ping-pong) . But they display a continuous green colour - also couldn't find anything in the new manuals about it. I'm new enough (KPA owner since v4) so I don't know why 2 LEDs and how they should function.

Nice that you finally found out the problem.
    Regarding the sound card: for a simpler setup I can recommend Yamaha AG06 mixer and sound card. I connected my Kemper to one of the aux channels (not 1-2) and also my Mac with usb cable. The headphones and monitors are all connected to the Yamaha too. In this way I can record or send backtracks to the mixer without much fumbling around with cables.
    When I want to remove the KPA or the Mac from the setup I just unplug the cables that go from them to the mixer. The only thing that's not available, since I don't plug the headphones directly in the KPA, is the space parameter for headphones/aux out.

Cheers,
    Calin

Hello guys,

I'm building my sound database, so to say, and took advantage of the TAF sale. So far I've bought the profiles listed below, but I was wondering if you could recommend a few others to complement my basic collection - I don't have any concrete needs at the moment, but the sale is nice :) I'm interested in blues/classic rock/modern rock/alternative - no metal or heavy stuff. I own a Strat and a PRS McCarty2.

Soldano SLO100 - my fav
    Vox AC30 CopperTop 1964
    Fender Champ 64
    Fender BF VibroKing
    Fender EC Tremolux
    Orange AD30
    Marshall 1987 JMP H/W
    Marshall JTM45
    HiWatt DR103
    HiWatt 100 1970 (DG’s Amp)

Thanks and cheers,
    Calin

Welcome!

From my limited experience and after reading many topics on this forum, the first decision is to select the KPA model: powered or simple, rack or toaster. The powered/unpowered decision will determine what kind of cab/monitor you need. If you go with one or two FRFR monitors, one model that is highly recommended here is Yamaha DXR-10. You can also check the discussions regarding FRFR tone versus guitar cabs and the "amp in the room" feeling and settings available in the KPA software.

Then you need to decide if you want to buy the remote - you have to be aware that this is sold separately only by Kemper, on other websites it comes as a bundle with the KPA or is not sold. You will probably need one or two expression pedals too. And a bag/case/rack.

Check the software section and see if the Rig Manager is supported on your computer OS (should be). You can use it to install profiles. Speaking of profiles, you're going to probably invest in some. I personally only bought a few single ones from The Amp Factory - they have currently a 50% discount - but there are a lot of other options based on your desired tone and the type of guitars you're using. You can buy bundles or single amp profiles on most of the sites.

Probably some more expert users will contribute, this is only my beginner's advice.

Cheers,
    Calin

Hello everyone,

I've been reading daily the forum for the last months, so I thought it's about time to introduce myself.

I've grown up with rock/alternative and I've started learning guitar 3 years ago, at 35, to play with a cover band of friends at my wedding (2 months after beginning, 2 easy songs but still stressful). 3 years later and after on/off lessons with a good professor I'm a beginner-towards-medium player with a lot of stuff to learn but too little time (a small kid at home). However, I try to practice daily and my seek of good tone has brought me to Kemper, which I've acquired at the recommendation of a one of the friends in the above band. My previous gear was a Line 6 POD 400 and a Marshall TSL monster amp - not really suitable for home practice, plus some software solutions. I've sold my first guitar and got a Strat Custom Shop and an PRS McCartyII - both used, but in good condition. I've also bought some classic amp tones from The Amp Factory and I'm quite happy with what I can achieve and enjoy the journey to decipher the components of tones in the great hits of the last 50 years. Of course, I'm not even a prosumer, just an enthusiast and some will say that the Kemper profiler is overkill for me, but I wasn't getting much joy from cheap solutions and I prefer to be the limit, not the tools.

Cheers,
    Calin