Posts by 60Strat

I’ve been away for awhile...job change...retirement...home projects...this sums up

my feelings about this great product...

February 2012...for me it was the Nashville demo where they A/B’d and eventually the guitarist couldn’t tell which was which...the fact that he couldn’t tell by feel...One time I was playing in a church setting and there was an amplifier repair guy in town at some reputation he stopped me after the church service and asked me what kind a Fender amps I had behind the stage...I told him I didn’t want to make him feel bad but it was a digital amp...And he had to see it to believe it...When science is so crazy that it seems like magic

3rd single from project “Better Late Than Never” guitars 1:00 plus minutes in...

External Content m.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Thanks guys I appreciate the kind words...this song will be featured on my album Better Late Than Never...called that because I’m 59 and haven’t released any music since the 90s....rock on

Hey guys my second single Prodigal Son II is out....features all Kemper and Duesenberg Guitars...all German but recorded in my backyard shed in Nor-Cal...have a great day

External Content m.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Hey all I’ve been away for awhile....the first single from my project “Better Late Than Never” is out on Spotify, iTunes, Apple Music, YouTube and Amazon (and others)...all guitars are Kemper....here is a YouTube and Apple Music link:

External Content youtu.be

https://music.apple.com/us/alb…the-one-single/1551322776

That’s me in the picture...ha ha

Have a great day

There is some truth in the fact that getting to do what your passion is for living can sometimes change the intensity of the passion....Sometimes though that comes from burn out when trying to do too many things at one time...Congrats on taking the dive! In my 20s I had the ability to work part time and play music as my obsession and it was one of the most joyful periods of my life...Fast forwarding to my 40s I had a half-time job in music and a full-time job in the corporate world and my energy level was not sufficient to do both well...But no matter what happens music is such a joy to both listen to, create and play That I’m not sure how life would be without it!

I have the Friedman Asc-12 (mine is the monitor version)...I used at a gig recently and I loved the sound in a band context...I’ve used it on its side as well more like a speaker cab and it was plenty loud.

“I had a look at the MPC X reviews but didn’t see anything that suggests it has any form of inbuilt guitar amp modeling “

Just read a review of the “X”...the reviewer said he liked the internal effects and especially the amp sims....also agree that Mayer is complex....

Just my 2 cents...I ordered my Kemper without hearing it in person...after seeing the "Nashville" video on YouTube....an amazing device that has not let me down...perfect? Probably not but was able to use it for 3 shows a weekend for a number of years...my favorite story involved a legendary tube amp repair man that asked me after a gig which Marshall and Fender amps was I using and where the amps were stored back stage...I apologized and pointed at my Kemper...

Late reply...EBMM guitars are great instruments...I have a Luke III with that boost circuit and a Steve Morse and both guitars have fantastic necks...now I'm looking at the Valentine thanks for this post...now I'll have to figure out how to hide it from my wife...ha ha ha