Posts by eljodon

Hi,

Very impressive! I like my Axe Fx 2 but the I like the KPA even better! I'm going crazy profiling every amp I own with amazing results! For live performances I'll be using the KPA for the amps and the Axe Fx 2 for effects since I'm used to the them and also for added flexibility. I already was successful in using them together with the Axe Fx 2 into the KPA stereo fx loop and using the 4 cm method for more options as far as pedals. Next I have to get the MIDI set up using the Fractal MFC101.
    I've never liked the Axe Fx 2 directly into my studio monitors(Dynaudio BM-6a and BM9S sub), but with the KPA the tone is so much better!

Sure! Once I get a system perfected I'll be glad to upload. some Profiles. The way I'm profiling my amps is the way I record my guitars in my studio. I use a 4 x 12 custom 4 x 12 cab built by Scumback with 70's specs, loaded with BH75,M75,M75 and a V30 and each speaker has a SM57 place in the same position in each speaker and a Royer 121 on the BH75. All the mic's go into a Chandler Limited TG2 mic preamps and an SSL Eq's compressors. I mix the mic's through a patch bay then into an SSL mixer and then into the KPA.
    I mix different combinations of speakers when I make a profile of each amp. I honestly didn't think it would sound as good, but boy was I wrong! I use the Fryette Power station with all my amps , but mainly the Plexi's because they have no master volume. The Fryette PS is quite transparent, so I was able to capture a great tone from the Plexi's. When I use the cabinets which were made by my profiles in stock profiles or the ones I purchased, I like them much better with my cabinets.
    I don't know if it makes a difference if I use all my gear to make the profiles or not because I haven't tried just using a mic into the KPA, but I like the tone I get mixing different speakers when I record with my amps.
    I'll keep experimenting, but my peoples are getting better as I do more trying different settings.

I'm also planing to use both KPA and Axe FX 2. I did a test and used the Axe Fx 2 using the 4 cm so I can run the Axe Fx 2 pedals into the front end of the KPA and the Axe Fx 2 effects into the KPA effects loop. After some tweaking I got a great tone. I prefer the KPA amp profiles but I like the pedals and effects in the Axe Fx 2. My next step is to see how I can use my MFC101 to be able to use scenes and hopefully switch amps with the KPA Perhaps use both units to run 2 amps at the same time, if I don't get latency between the 2.

It actually worked great with the Fryette Power Station attenuator making a profile the usual way. It sounded practically the same! My PB attenuator was modified by taking out out the low pass filter. I profiled my Plexi full up and when I lower the volume I got a great clear clean tone, just like I do when playing through the real amp.I also profiled the amp at 80 and 90 volts with excellent results! I'm going to try using the Beheringer to make direct out profiles with the PB and see how that works. Thanks for you response.

It took me awhile to get used to IEM. One thing the many people don't realize is that when you listen to your amp, you're listening to also the amp interacting with the room. What I did is besides using the mics in my cabinet, I also use a condenser 4 to 5 feet away from the cabinet and it made a huge difference once I tweaked the eq properly When you're using IEM it's like having your guitar cabinets right in your ear! I don't know if the same applies if you're using FRFR, but I would thing it would still applies. I use Ultimate Ears Custom with dual drivers and they sounds amazing!

I have the volume at 8. But it looks like I might have to use my Fryette Power Station or a dummy load that was built by Aracom to bring the volume down. They're quite transparent. I'm also trying to make a profile with my Plexi's at lower voltage. It will be a lot easier profiling my Plexi's the regular way using mics. I did a bunch of profiles using my Power Station attenuator, cranking my high gain amps quite loud and it sounded great!

Hi,

I just recently purchased a new KPA rack and I'm having issues with profiling my non master Plexi's(68' Metro-Friedman and 68/69 Scumback Plexi) using direct out from the speaker output. I'm using several DI boxes(Behringer GI100, Countryman type 85 and a custom made unit made by Aracom) The amp profile sounds muddy and when I turn down the volume of my guitar, I don't get the nice sparkling clean tone that I get with my Plexi's. I was successful with my high gain amps(PT100,BE100, Recto and ENGL Powerball 2).If anyone has any tips on how to profile a non master volume Plexi, it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

I just ordered a new Kemper Amp Profiler. I would like to use my Axe Fx 2 since it has some effects that the Kemper doesn't have and my Axe Fx 2 is reaching it's processing limitation.
    I would like to use the Kemper as the amp and the Axe Fx 2 as an effects unit, but I would like to run the effects in stereo using 2 Marshall cabs or a Port City OS wave 2x12 stereo cab. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated. Thanks