Posts by hendrix.stratman

I bought just about all of beyerdynamic headphones (770s, 880, 990s and I got each one in 250ohm and 600ohm) just to test them, and I returned them all except the 880pros 250ohm.

I found the 770s were not very linear and added bass to everything, plus I didn't like the closed back. I like to be able to hear my tv and wife and kids when I am playing if they need to talk with me so I liked semi open back cans.

The 990s were also not as linear or natural sounding as the 880s, but they were better than the 770s.

The 880s were definitely the most linear and natural sounding of all of them. Then I had to decide between the 250ohm and 600ohm. I felt that the 600ohm had a significant reduction in volume that I didn't like. It did sound ever so slightly more hifi than the 250ohm, butnit literally might have just been in my head. Also, if I picked the strings lightly, there wasn't enough volume to make them audible after they began to decay. The 250ohm allowed me to play lightly and still give me enough volume to where I could alter my picking dynamics and still hear the notes as they decayed in a more natural manner.

i found the solution of your problem, i had exactly the same issue.
    Mission Gemini 2 is the solution with the EmPower adjustment.
    It sound and feel like a real cab without loosing the FRFR benifit.
    It is Stereo, it work well.
    Have a look, for me it fix the issue.

Hi Michel, have you also ever played an Atomic Neo wedge to compare with the Gemini?

Does anyone own both of these FRFR units, and share your thoughts and experiences with both?

I have an Atomic Neo, and I for whatever reason am still not used to what I am hearing after 6 months of quiet playing at home. It sounds hollow to me and harsh, but I am guessing its just me not twisting knobs right....I am very curious to buy a Xitone Mbritt 1x12...

Does anyone own both of these FRFR units, and share your thoughts and experiences with both?

I have an Atomic Neo, and I for whatever reason am still not used to what I am hearing after 6 months of quiet playing at home. It sounds hollow to me and harsh, but I am guessing its just me not twisting knobs right....I am very curious to buy a Xitone Mbritt 1x12...

I downloaded some of the Mbritts free profiles from the Kemper downloads, and I also notice that they seem a little dark and distant through my headphones, where TopJimi seems to fit my headphones right off the bat.

If I bought MBritts profiles, is there a particular parameter (maybe even a global parameter) that can solve the dark character of his profiles at lower volume and lighten them up?

How much did it cost to buy ALL of Britts profiles?

The reality is I am gunna play 99% of the time in the evenings and with headphones on because of my work hours and we have a baby on the way, so headphones is gunna be my main listening experience.

Does anyone have a better headphones suggestion than my DT880 pros 250ohm?

So I bought TopJimi's Everything Pack a few days ago and have been spending some time playing with them through my DT880 Pro headphones (I haven't had a chance to play the profiles through my Atomic NEO wedge yet. However, they sound awesome though the headphones. Some of them I had to tweak very slightly in order to get the optimal sound through my headphones, but I am becoming more and more impressed by TopJimi's profiles and the Kemper itself the more time I spend with it.

Now I have an itch to dive into Michael Britt's profiles and was wondering if its going to be kind of redundant. Can anyone compare the differences between these two profilers and their profiles?

So I just bought the TopJimi "everything" profile bundle!

Any suggestions on where to begin?!

Also, I am playing through DT880 pro headphones and Atomic Neo active wedge.

I also play through a strat that has Low output pickups from Shed Pickups his 1960s vintage output pickups. And a 57 reissue Les paul custom with burstbucker pickups

I only played a few random profiles of topjimis that were labeled "Max" and "High" for like 20 min through my dt880pro headphones and they sounded kind of muddy and like the headphones couldn't handle them. Any suggestions? Are the dt880s good or are there better headphones than those? I don't think it's the profiles fault, but it's either my headphones or it's me because I am not confident or good at changing parameters

Can anyone who has my set up suggest some profiles and tell me how you tweaked the parameters so that I can at least have a standard of what you seasoned pros consider a great tone

I can't seem to get a good tone using the built in distortion and overdrive FX in the kemper. I use beyerdynamics dt-880 pros 250ohm headphones for quiet playing and an atomic neo wedge for loud playing. Is there any advice you have for when or how to use the distortion and overdrive pedals built in the kemper without them sounding thin and annoying. Plus, what is the difference between the default and pure distortion and overdrive fx?

Here is a good tone at 2:53. I believe he is using a 59 bassman and mar distortion pedal.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Hey I got a RS LG12, great cab imho. Never tried the CLR. Have a search on the forum some Italians say that some sold their CLR. I play backing tracks as well through it and I can guarantee it's linear enough. Review in my signature. Cheers

Thanks Pample, I appreciate the feedback. I am curious about the RS LG12. Once I buy the LG12, there will another one that will grab my attention! and so it goes on and on...