Posts by Mattfig

Hiya! Thanks for the questions and happy to provide answers...

1. Yes, every pack has equivalent DI of every studio capture

2. DI is made with speaker connected but obviously, mics are off for those...

Thanks,

Mattfig

I don’t say they are not profiled in a studio. To me they sound like merged profiles and that is a good thing in my opinion. So you make a studio profile and a direct profile and merge them. When you switch off the cab section in the Kemper you get the sound of the direct profile.

The regular profiles and the direct profiles sound absolutely the same through my Kemper Kone Speaker with active Imprint.

When I have two studio profiles of the same amp with the same settings but different cabinets, they sound different to each other through my Kone Speakers. On this profiles it is not the case.

I understand and appreciate the interest...I do not merge anything....My profiles are made as I mentioned, using live cabs and mics...DI is done as well but at no point am I combining additional pieces to the profiles. Hope I am making sense...

Interesting...would be cool to get a confirmation. On his '71 Friedman modified Marshall, he advertises "Complete DI and 4 Studio Cabs through the Normal and Bright inputs." Doesn't mean they aren't merged, but it's not clear.

Hi,

All my profile packs are made in studio with live cabs and mics. All packs also feature additional DI profiles for those who wish to use a traditional cab or IR.

I wanted to come back around and update/change my opinion.

I bought the JCM800, Friedman modded Superlead, and just recently, the BE100. I was mainly after the direct profiles and was finding the bass too present in those. Since getting the Kab, I had been really forcing direct profiles and adding my own IRs. I decided to go back and spend some time with the studio profiles on my MattFig LP packs and that's where it's at. The choices and sounds...all really good and the bass (and other frequencies) are all where you'd expect them on a real amp. They compare as favorably with any of the great studio profiles out there...especially for the Marshall-style folks. FWIW, I tried the studio profiles with the Kab and with some slight EQ tweaks on the monitor EQ, it's right where I want it. I imagine his direct profiles may set up a bit better for a true amp/cab (vs Kab) approach but I use my Helix LT through a Fryette PS2 when going that route. When direct, I'm using the Kemper.

Kudos to MattFig as far as pumping out all the great liquid profiles and a lot of great amps.

Thank you so much for the kind words and support!!! I sincerely appreciate you!

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Matt, great stuff. Bought the Shiva, Dumble, JCM800, SLO, Dirty Shirley, JTM packs on sale. Great stuff. I've only gotten through the Shiva, 800, and SLO, but there are some real winners in there. Thanks for what you bring to the table.

Thanks for your support! I have some real bangers to introduce in the coming days!!!

I'm interested in the Dumble profile, but I don't see any mention of PAB. Are profiles included for it as well?

I've built many Dumble clones and have yet experience accurate profiles with PAB.

I saw the sound clips, but the the playing style is not well suited to these amps and therefore doesn't give much information on the accuracy of the profiles. Maybe I'll just buy it and see for myself. I have tried pretty much all the commercial profiles and none have really nailed that sound.

HI there, I must admit that I don't know what PAB stands for.

I can tell you that the pack features 64 liquid profiles that are all very accurate. I am sorry that your experience with other commercial profiles has left you feeling discouraged. I cannot speak about anyone'svwork but my own. I pride myself on making accurate, detailed, and useable profiles.

Cheers,

Mattfig

Have been able to play with the D pack only, so far, and I'm am absolutely happy with it. The cleans rings like a bell and the mid/od chirps and resonates like they should. I tweaked the hell out of them and they all still sounds like the same amp. Big Fan of the Deep Bright with the mixed 212. Played with 5 guitars leaving the settings alone (after my tweaks) and all of them sounded different but phenomenal. Great work with this profiles. Looking forward to get time with the other 5 packs !

PS: any plan to issue an LP pack of your old Twin one? Specially the Hot one 😍

Thank you sir! Made my day reading that!

I have a Twin in the works now actually, so yes! :)