Posts by sanders4617

Vince Gill's tone is usually a Boss compressor and an amp so I would turn the mix up to 100% on the comp and add some squish on a fender deluxe type profile or similar (Princeton works great too. ). Gain would probably be set around 2-2.4.

Which pack has the Lonestar clean? I saw that one pack had the Lonestar Ch2, but can't find which one would have the clean.

Edit: Realized you said 3p.. but saw on a YT video that you had a Mesa clean. May be in your personal stash haha.

Thanks for the responses.

I guess the clean that I look for is that "Vince Gill" style of clean, in songs such as "Pretty Little Adriana." Sounds so full and clean. I'm sure a compressor was used as well.

I am able to get these sounds from my Rivera Hundred Duo Twelve amp, and maybe I should also try profiling it as well. I'm sure like anything else, I just need to spend more time with the profiles and figuring out what works. Sometimes what sounds great by itself doesn't work as well in the mix.

I've only had the Kemper for a short time as it is.. so I am still learning a lot!

I love these profiles though, they are definitely the best I have tried.

@lonestargtr Do you have any recommendations on using the clean profiles live? I feel like the overdriven and distortion sounds on the Kemper are killer. The clean profiles sound great, but that's about the only time I wish I had a tube amp. And that's with all profiles I've tried (not just yours). I play a lot of music where my clean sound is very important, and play a lot of clean lead.

Thank you! Yeah a lock per performance would be great. So if I turned on delay, it would be locked throughout the performance until I decided to turn the delay off. So that you could basically have stomp box style play with the kemper. Yeah we have it, but not the traditional format.

Of course, I could always use my Nova Delay pedal with the Kemper.

I've actually given serious thought to using the Nova Delay and Keeley Tremolo. Those are great pedals, and it would free up the other slots for some of the obscure sounds that I don't have with pedals. Then again, the idea of not carrying around all those pedals sounds amazing.