Posts by pbfoot

I really like the Sm7b but it has a bit more low end than a sm57, which for me is good.

When you say second profile, is this 002 or?

My naming may be different than others, for instance, all 001 are the same amp settings but with different mic positions and settings.

100a is the profile. yeah the mic thing is just a personal thing, not a negative to the profiles or the mic.

Is it possible that while you were configuring your Remote Effect Button assignments you switched Slots via Remote? As soon as you switch Slots via Remote all former edits get withdrawn.
    Item two sounds like the situation Timo had described above: If you connect an open TRS cable (cable plugged into Profiler but no pedal attached or cable broken) to a socket configured as Volume Pedal the constant auto calibration of the Profiler will lead to a loss of volume and tremolo effect. That's normal. You can easily simulate that situation and observe what happens in the System Settings. So avoid open cables.

burkhard,
    no i did not switch slots on the remote. I also "redid" the assigments about 4 times and each time after i switched a preset the assignment was lost. on sat night i went back to 5.1.1 and had no issues all night. the volume drop was a complete loss of sound for over a minute. I changed presets and the sound came back. the second loss was shorter but i had to change the preset. i ran 3.5 hours on sat night and didnt have this happen one. i do have the volume pedal and the wah linked, as i did before the beta.

I played live last night with this beta, my "presets" on the 1 st bank lost the remote assignments for the effects, I kept redoing and saving and they would disappear. Lost volume once totally and had to go out of that preset into another and back to get sound

Also had a volume drop and warble like tremolo sound for a while. Going master mono into 2 channels of the board. Going back to the latest approved software tonight

i tried and the results were less than appealing for me, then again I'm not the greatest profiler either. i have some on rig exchange with a phil x friedman amp and was using the load and mic sims of the torpedo live

Make a h3000 micro setting for pitch shifting. I know there is already great pitch shifting but set it up so we can do micro cents above and below

hey the ss100 is probably one of the best profiles of that amp i have come across, very well balanced. works well with sinmix and cill cabs and does really well with ownhammer thru a PA. i havent used my cab (evh 4x12) yet but will tonight. would be cool to hear it with some of the sat and other switches played with

the jj seems a little light on the low end but adding with eq fills it out ( this is with a bunch of different cabs thru frfr) very, very solid though

your jmp voodoo- hate the dist block, once i turned it off, i think you really have something there, a really nice chimey amp, bet it sounds great with just the amp gain cranked. a very full sounding profile!

i tried to do my research on setting up presets and one thing eludes me and i guess im asking if there is a parameter i've missed or someplace im not looking. so im scroll thru rig master and load a profile, bam really loud, i check the amp level 0db, volume at 0 ( main outsat -12db using line out to sound board, i do find this gives me alot more headroom, the xlr outs are hot) next patch 2/3 rds the volume and all the volume settings are the same. there are no boosts,eqs, anyting eslse in the chain and if there is i turn them off

i am wondering if your getting some phase and latency from the 212. there is a conversion that occurs within the unit, the phase delay will give a boxy boomy sound. are you using any type of daw to monitor with? if so check your latency settings. someone suggested going straight to your monitors, good idea, also check any setting you may have on your monitors.

the H9 has no instrument or line level, and i am using the stereo and have tried the mono loop. i have even tried to drop the effects loop level -6 db. still get a loud volume boost for a second when i switch it on or go to a patch with it on.