Posts by SpinnerDeluxe

yep, 4x12 but a lot of the credit goes to the head because it's just so deep and has the most insane amount of low end i've heard. For that clip the bass is sat at 9 o clock!

Exactly. And: Excellent capture of that spirit!

I am actually not living far from the original location of Framus. Still got a 1972 bass from them. Watched them going almost out of business and then the great revival with Warwick. Great to see and hear the new masterbuilt guitars and their amps. And great that the Kemper is able to even suck those souls... :D

Only Master Mono will give him both L and R delays. But this may sound phasey when L/R delays have identical timing and modulation is applied.

This.

But its generally a good advice to double-check any stereo effect for its mono-compatibility.

Not sure I follow @SpinnerDeluxe.

Do you mean you could get the feel of the same amount of gain difference just by picking dynamically?

I assumed you are judging the gain setting difference between studio and merged by using just your ears and by playing your guitar. How *gainy* the profile will sound depends on how hard you hit your strings. We are human. So we will hit very differently - even though we think its *just the same*. In addition our ears are human as well. Very adaptive and very non-objective. This might lead to gain-judgment-errors which might be much greater than a setting difference 0f 0.5 on the gain knob.

I just wanted to say: isnt a setting difference of 0.5 on the gain knob measured by human ears/hands practically more a matter of taste/mood/playing variations than a true and scientific difference?

Chances are I did not fully understand your needs. But here is what I do to work around:

For each guitar I will have an input preset. This makes the gain and distortion level roughly the same for all my guitars. Any of the rigs will be playable as expected and fully reflect the different sound of that particular guitar. Thats already great. No need to fiddle with the all so important gain knob when chaning guitars.

Then I have some signature sounds, say Hendrix-like. I want all my guitars to sound more or less hendrix-style. For those I have stored special profiles - say with EQ in stomp 1 - and the first two charachters reflect the guitar. So I browse over to that (in alphabetical order) and all special rigs for this particular guitar will show up.

That works for me. Mostly I just want to sound every guitar as it is, unique.

This works nicely for studio work. Might well not be the best solution for a live situation, when one guitar breaks and you have to replace it by a different model....

Got the new profiles mailed today. I want to start with, that I actually think the profiles of the "defect" amp sounds great! Running the HBE Low-profile (studio profile with cab sim off) through my cab gives me maybe the best guitar tone I've ever had, actually so great that I bought a Friedman Pink Taco (not arrived yet) which I'm very excited about. So, I thought that these new profiles have to be freaking stunning if the first amp was defect and this one works as it should. I hate to say it, but they are not even close... Profiles with 6.4 on the Kemper gain scale have much, much less actual gain than profiles with 6.4 from the first pack, and the overall tone is simply inferior. Please notice that this is not a complaint, but just a heads up. I am very satisfied with the first pack, but I think it's very, very odd if the new pack is supposed to be the same with an amp that sounds and works "better".

Same here.

I got the *defective* BE because of the raw, distinct, middish, cutting and vintage sound. Medium gain or clean with a singlecoil. Awesome.

Now I compared it to the *healthy* BE I just received. All the above is gone. Just a characterless so-so tube amp-sim sound. Not bad. But by no means better than my POD HD500 and worse than many of the free profiles.

Then again: no complaint. Jimi showed excellent service. And the *defective* pack (along with two others from him) is worth every cent.

More general: This might all be just a matter of taste. But: I had couple of defective tube amps. This was combined with nasty smoke and the sound was all gone. Very old tubes are changing their sound. Before they die they might get nasty, crazy, whatever sounding. Maybe that former BE was close to that. But: thats what tubes are all about, no? Its just that unreliable that a good profile of that magic moment state is worth gold. :D

PS: I hope that Jimi will not offer his defetive profiles anymore. :evil: I loved to be one of the rare owners...

As far as any peaks in EQ, it is not compressed or mastered at all. Both of those will even the tone out more of any peaks.

Sure. I would say "wow" if just the real character of the amp is still there. But you are creeping close, sound and playing wise.

Just downloaded the profiles, will test it tonight...

Holy-moly!

Extremly close. Is this a first example of your new EQ-matching strategy?

Here comes your personal and free of charge Spinner-EQ-match: your profile needs -0.5 dB at about 1.327 kHz.

Kudos, man, spot on! :thumbup: