Posts by Ibot39

Welche OS Version ist auf deinem Kemper? Benutzt du auch Rig Manager? Es gibt in der aktuellesten Beta gibt es wohl einen Fehler, so dass "Lock" nicht richtig funktioniert? Vielleicht hat es damit zu tun?

The Input settings are NOT locked anymore!! It takes the values of rigs even though it is locked!!=O

So it changes my clean sense settings or noise gate value, while changing rigs ...and I can not lock the input with my settings.

GString, timo and Kemper team, please fix that as soon as possible.

When the audiointerface is usb powered you get all kind of noise from your pc. This is a known issue with bus-powered usb connections. The only way to solve this is to isolate the usb power. There are some usb isolators out there, but they may slow down the whole thing and provide to little power for the interface.

Something like the "ifi iDefender3.0" works, but you need an additional external power supply. Usually a low noise LINEAR 5v power supply is best. They are hard to find or pretty expensive nowadays. You can try other 5v power supplies, but you will probably catch new / other noises with them.

Low noise SWITCHING power supplies with filters can be quiet too, but often "contaminate" the setup with noise in the other direction - so other devices in the power strip are suffering.

Can this answer some questions? http://foobazaar.com/wikpa/ind…Setting_input_sensitivity

"You can think of distortion and clean as two parallel paths in the Kemper. Every profile contains a clean and distorted sound. The Gain control not only changes the amount of gain on the distorted path, but the volume of the two paths. Gain at 0 contains only clean tone. Gain at ~4 or above is only distorted tone. Anything in between is an interpolation of both.

• Clean Sense (CS): whether CS controls loudness depends on how much distortion there is (what you hear). It affects loudness from completely clean into some distortion (Gain 0-4 on my setup, with DS at 0). How the amp is profiled doesn't matter - only the current Gain setting matters.
    • Distortion Sense (DS): A pre-gain level adjustment of the "distortion path". It results in more/less distortion and applies to all rigs. Whether CS has an impact on loudness still only depends on what you hear (how much distortion). IOW, the transition between clean/dist on the Gain control will be shifted up/down as you adjust DS."

I am not in front of my Kemper. But when using an expression pedal as an volume pedal ("volume pedal settings" with location set to input), it does of course affect the Kemper input sensitivity and it also affects overdrive stomps, right?

I can boost the whole signal chain or I can set range to negative value.

When the amp part of a profile has low gain, but a boost or overdrive is activated in a slot, the whole rig has "more" gain than you can see by looking at the bar graph.

I have 2 guitars with JBs in them, and I had to adjust my Clean sense down to -8 to not clip the KPA input anymore.

I have JBs too and no clipping with clean sense at 0. Same with aggressive playing and a slight boost before the Kemper activated on top!

Also with my SD Black Winter bridge pu, which has extremely high output, I have zero clipping on the Kemper input.

I have some evo PUPs in my main guitar, I never touch the distortion sensitivity on my kemper as I enjoy the nuances and changes from guitar to guitar, and profile to profile. But clean sense, I have it in -2 on several amps, to get the degree of clean volume I want for when I roll the pot on my guitar, without having to use a compressor mid performance. Take it as a compressor without the sudden compactation of signal for the distortion part (tough I have notices some bumpiness when clear sense is turned up on overdriven or distorted profiles).

Clean sense does not change anything with your distorted sound. Not possible. It's just (and only!) for balancing the volume of your clean tone. Nothing more!

When you clean tone is generally to loud compared to your distorted tone - turn it down. And vice versa.

I have a lot of the Neural stuff, Nolly/Plini/Abasi/Parallax, they are pretty fantastic. I have some power supply/PC noise issues, so I have trouble with my own DIs, but when I get DIs to mix, I often prefer the Neural stuff to the Kemper. as easy as the KPA is to re-amp, it's so much easier in a vst.

This unit might help with my noise issues, and if it sounds any better than Neural's current stuff, it'll be a no-brainer for me.

First hardware that has me seriously interested since the Kemper was released.

I solved my pc noise issues after I realized it was usb that was the culprit (for my setup). Breaking the usb earth loop, isolating the usb power (from pc usb port) and for powered usb devices, using external low noise linear 5V power supplies did the job for me.

There are some tools out there.

... A certain popular Morgan profile is also tweaked.

Exactly^^ Heavy tweaked, loud and fx... but the core sound seems quite good on this one too.

Certain sellers have their "routine" tweaking - more or less :) For example if you like how the Tone Junkie profiles respond you can look at their sagging, compressor, clarity... settings and try them on your own/other profiles.

kriwat Is it intentional, that the info box on the right does not change when a new rig is "previewed/pre-listened" (moving with left and right arrow keys)?

Or is it a bug that will get fixed?

It is really, really confusing if you wanna know what channel, mic... is used on the rigs you scrolling through and are listening, but the wrong information is shown in the editor on the right.

I like the Katzbach profiles. But you have to consider, they are HEAVILY tweaked rigs!

Almost all parameters have been used, sometimes in a quite unusual way. There are some parameters where very small adjustments have a big impact on sound. But Katzbach have no fear tweaking quite unorthodox:)

If you like the results you can try to "transfer" some of the settings to other profiles and you will be surprised. When I remember correctly (not at the Kemper atm) they also tweaked the settings in the cab section.