Posts by Ibot39

Elixir strings have different tension - a set of .009 feels much more like .010. Always needed to adjust neck and intonation too. The plain strings are not coated, but anti-rust plated. They last a very very long time. But I don't like the stiffness and that there is no "real" .009 set. Also the special plain strings are definitely eating frets more than regular ones.

I will try the new D’Addario XS strings next. Basically they have a film coating like Elixir on the wound strings (patent expired?) and polymer treatment on the plain steels (same as their XT I guess).

Update:

The plain strings of the D’Addario XS get black and rough faster than my cheap Fender strings. Very disappointing. So it' s the same as with some other coated strings: Coated E, A, D last long time, but the plain steel strings just can't keep up. Only Elixir plain strings last very long... but the tensionof those is just not right.

Not buying new guitars - only upgrading this year :)

I love my 2010 American Standard Strat - but the hum, crackling, clicking and other noises of the single coils (very obvious in recording environment) just drives my crazy nowadays. So a while ago I installed a JB Jr. pickup in the bridge. But I use the neck position a lot too ... so it was time to upgrade to HSS with Shawbucker and Fender Noiseless. Thing is, this needed some pu cavity routing, cause the cavity is not deep enough for the Fender Noiseless on the American Standard.

Now that the work is done, I really like the new look ... more ROCK... with a hint of Blackmore Strat (black pu cover and knobs). Noiseless Gen4 and the Shawbucker in the bridge sound very good - and the disturbing noise is gone. The Strat now also has locking tuners and a pure tone jack.

The powered toaster is a solid state amp and it does not have the 'crumbly fading out tone, when you let it ring...' issue. This is one reason why I decided to go with the toaster.

The task of the Kemper icepower module is to make the already "finished" tone louder - as flat, clean as possible and without any additional distortion. Nothing more. Completely different thing to a solid state preamp that is aimed to give overdriven sound or a power amp that is simulating a real tube power amp or even is using nanotubes like in the BluGuitar stuff to colour the sound.

So this is basically a sophisticated solid state preamp with nanotube power section. I like solid state amps, but they all share some characteristics like crumbly fading out tone, when you let it ring...

And it still looks like you only get the nanotube / power amp influence (that ideally somewhat clouds the solid state preamp character) when a speaker is connected! Also the "dynamic" IR don't include power amp simulation in such a recording situation. It's preamp to IR only then. How can this be the future, when it does not even offer the whole signal chain for silent recording? Would be a deal breaker for me.

In the video they are micing it in another room with real cabinet and mics (making a big part of the sound).

I am not familiar with Bluguitar products. But it seems in a recording situation (without a speaker connected) it does only provide preamp with IR, but no power amp simulation? Or am I missing something?

Elixir strings have different tension - a set of .009 feels much more like .010. Always needed to adjust neck and intonation too. The plain strings are not coated, but anti-rust plated. They last a very very long time. But I don't like the stiffness and that there is no "real" .009 set. Also the special plain strings are definitely eating frets more than regular ones.

I will try the new D’Addario XS strings next. Basically they have a film coating like Elixir on the wound strings (patent expired?) and polymer treatment on the plain steels (same as their XT I guess).

This is from the manual and maybe explains the preset name:

• Definition

All overdrive pedals rely on a similar filter circuit, embedded in the distortion stage. It cuts the bass frequencies of the guitar before it gets overdriven. This tightens the bass region of the guitar and, at the same time, creates a slight mid-hump that many overdrive pedals are known for.

This filter is fixed and inaccessible in most overdrive pedals. However, the Timmy® Overdrive* features a “Bass” knob which allows for continuously driving this filter down towards the bass end, giving blues players an extended control over their tone fundament...

Bro, any mid range schecter with proper setup is an endgame weapon. Have 3 schecters, I am never selling them. I cant say the same from my ibanez, my prs se or my mexican fender.

Aren't the Indonesian Schecters, Ibanez and PRS SE made in the same Cort / Cor-Tek Factory?!

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

=O:love:

You can not "load" to your Kemper. You have to run the vst / Celestion SpeakerMix Pro to get the "extra functionality" that sets it apart from loading an IR. Same as you can not load Two Notes DynIR cabinets to Kemper.

Except you shoot IR from the vst (Celestion SpeakerMix Pro or Two Notes WOS) using your DAW - then you can load the IR to Kemper. But you have only the "snap shot" of the frequency response again and nothing from what they call "non-linear" functionality, adjustable z-curve, room reverb...

By the way, using the vst through your DAW will also will add latency.

Mikko plugin and THU SuperCabinet or an IR mixer like Ignite Libra allows you to customize your Cab AND you can easily export an IR file that the Kemper can load. But again static IR.

If I need flexibility for "studio work" I like big big IR libraries like Choptones offers. Many mics to choose from and some nice mixes like the classic SM57 / 421 or SM57 / R121 combo. If you are used to scroll through such libraries and know how the mics will basically sound it's not a big rabbit hole anymore imo

Hello, I recently received my new Diezel Einstein 50 watts.

I changed the tubes for 6L6 with some preamp tubes as welll... this is the result.

Good profiles! The profile with cab seems not to be a studio profile. Is it a merged profile? Or the direct amp profile with another IR/cab?

I really like it and saved it to my favourits. Thanks for sharing!