Posts by Ibot39

Let's see if he just answers the question - should be an easy move. Clear question, clear answer. Maybe the "arrogant" appearance is a big misunderstanding and a hipster thing I just don't get, dudes. And maybe he really is the first and only human in the world, who is able to make 100 % realistic profiles.

You are here to answer any questions... but still you don't answer the simple question I asked how many times now? Do we hear the converted / Kemper cab in the comparison video or the original IR? Because you don't answer this, I have to assume you just use the same original IR with an IR loader and not the converted cab. If this is true, it would be at least misleading - kindly said.

Almost all vendors have some "big names" they work with or well known musicians that used their rigs. Or they are themselves outstanding musicians. But their "marketing" is somehow... more likable.

Why? Please watch your own video and count how many times you say "100 % realistic". "Dude". What do you think?

And when you bring in cabs "by other profile makers" that don't fit your direct amp profile - what should that prove? That is so ridiculous... and you know that.

What doesnt sound the same? Are you saying the IRs frequency response changes after using the cab maker?

So original IR does not match the converted cab?

Yes, that is what I am saying. Converted cab are not 100 % the same sound - they feel and react different too, compared to the original IR. That's my experience.

EDIT: That's why I want to know, if in the comparison video the Kemper cab was used or the original IR (with IR loader). The latter would make the comparison pointless.

I actually like the fact that the Kemper has a simple effective and consistent EQ rather than the vagie interactive controls on a typical TMB (FMV) style valve amp where turning one knob changes the effec of others.

Wanted to write the same :thumbup: That's how I see it now, after I get used to how Kemper works.

You are explaining NOTHING in the video. 100 % realistic, 100 % realisti, 100 % realistic... yeah, we get that now :* But again, you are explaining really nothing... very weird?!

But please answer the simple questions (I have already asked above):

1. In your first comparison video, did you use the Kemper direct profile and converted IR or is it direct profile into an IR loader with the original IR?

2. How can you guarantee 100 % realistic sound, when using CONVERTED IR (using cab maker)? The converted profiles will NOT sound 100 % the same to the original IR you are praising - I think you know that?! That makes your whole concept questionable.

So you are basically make "special" direct amp amp profiles and then just copy your already existing IR in - after you converted them with cab maker, which makes the cab part sound and feel different compared to the original IR (in my experience).

And your secret method is only a benefit, if I want to change cabs in the same profile ("amp / cab separation") or maybe use direct profiles, right? Compared to common studio profiles (where no "separation" is needed) there is no advantage. Because other vendors simply profile the full signal chain for EVERY cab / mic combination and therefore I don't need to change cabs.

Bought - testing on weekend! I am expecting REALLY heavy sounds in this pack - now or in the future update :saint:

Maybe some for extreme metal, black metal... My favourite band Enslaved uses Peavey 6505+ and they always get a good balance between eerie black metal feeling and great sounding guitars

Does this "clean separation" achievement mean that you are able to produce 100% same sounding Merged and Studio profiles?

This would be really groundbreaking as I haven't heard anyone succeeding in this so far. And this would be pretty easy to test also I guess.

He is using converted IR from his IR packs, just copied in. So no merged or studio profiles were done. Just "special" direct amp profiles. Or am I wrong?

Like always with gear, get the best you can afford to avoid extra steps of upgrading your gear. You'll save a ton of money in the long run.

Personally I've been very happy with the A5X and see no need to change. If you're worried about the low end, unless you're making dubstep they do fine for rock and metal. I can hear down to 35 Hz on my setup in a treated room, and I always high pass my mixes at 50Hz anyway. :)

The speakers frequency range goes down to 50Hz, but you can listen down to 35 Hz? How is this possible?

For people that were not around at the time before you "took a break", it is quite strange, that the man who created ToastME is a real person and does speak to us now!

And for those, that know nothing about programming and such things ( :S ) "Damian Greda" was just a phantom or a superhero, the Editor-Man, who did unbelievable things for us average humans.

I am definitely interested in profilers doing there own thing. Beside a high price tag, I am always a bit skeptical when IR are used instead of profiled cabs. Why? Because the IR have been converted with cab maker and as far as I have experienced the converted result does not sound the same as the original IR. So how can you guarantee 100 % realistic result?

In your comparison video, did you use the Kemper direct profile and converted IR or is it direct profile into an IR loader with the original IR?

I am looking forward to the video. Very interesting!

It is cool that you figured out how to make quality profiles that sound realistic and great. But what has that to do with the high price?

The same quality profiles would still sound good for half of the price, wouldn't they?:saint:

9 minutes to load Rig Manager? That's crazy!! I have WAY more profiles hoarded and RM starts in a few seconds (Win 10).

Maybe just to little RAM on your computer?

I would be drunk before hitting the first note, if I had to wait 9 minutes ^^

Today I digged out my Boss SP-1 Spectrum - I use this pedal to get some kind of "single coil" snap with both knobs turned to the right.
    And of course some cocked wah sounds are possible with this parametric eq. Cool pedal, but unfortunately more overpriced than the Keytone Exchanger ever will be :S

Here is a short example of the Boss SP-1 (and what a simple 1 knob eq can do). First unaltered, next spanky, than cocked wah:

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Just wanted to give a short update to my post above. I managed to further reduce my selection of good pedal platform rigs :)

I tested thousands of rigs out of my big collection of profiles. I dismissed many rigs that I thought will do the job or had been recommended - they just were not good enough anymore in the direct shoot-out. Ideally the profiles should already come with a low gain setting, definition on or around 5.0, sound natural with no or little EQ needed. They should work with any guitar I use and eat pedals like a champ. Of course I had some personal requirements to gain structure etc.

It is a process, but bringing the selection down to around 35 rigs (some of them variations of the same amp or Studio / Merged) was hard work and feels like I am almost there: A manageable (personal) top list of pedal platform rigs that really work for me.

I thought I share a screenshot of the profiles that still are standing proud after an intense shoot-out and are in my opion very good pedal platforms. If you have questions about any of the profiles, just ask. There are some hard to find rigs in here too, like the glorious Marshall JCM 800 from Uwe Schaefer / 4Seasonsound. Surprisingly, in the last shoot-outs almost all the free rigs had to go and were clearly beaten by commercial rigs. Only the the free "JVM410HJS clean grn" from tonymckenzie.com is still there and can be found in RE.

2 rigs are power-amp only profiles, that I use with preamps and preamp pedals. Tim from LiverReadySound made these after a request from me.

Maybe someone has use for this.