Posts by Ibot39

Check these guys out for a couple packs. They are Legit and few users say they're pretty damn close, if not perfect. I don't have them but ashtweth does and so does Ibot39 ;):thumbup:

Read on: Perfect Mix Profiles

Like the name says, these rigs work best in a recording situation. They are kind of mix ready sounds and very close to the original right out of the box without tweaking.

It could feel a little strange to play and hear the "actual album tones" instead of raw amp sound, but it is really fun and works for me.

It is a bit confusing, if you talk about IR when you mean Kemper cabs or Kemper cab section with IR. If you are talking about just using Kemper cab section with some hardware amps and pedals, you should know that there is a big BUG affecting tone.

The bug is only affecting tone, when you have amp part of Kemper turned off, while using the cab section. The (amp) profile - even if turned off - bleeds through and is colouring your tone. If you change the profile (in the "back", still turned off) the tone (bleeding through) changes. So it is not possible to use the cab section of the Kemper alone and get authentic results.

Just to clarify, Nikos, the last full release was on June 15th this year; so far the gap between updates is 6 months.

I did enjoy and agree with your post overall, mate. ;)

It did not surprise me, they want to have something new for the NAMM. This was obvious from the beginning. I have written this "back in the days" when everyone was expecting a fast release.

But what annoys me: It is unfortunately also 6 months without (necessary) bugfixing!!

You save the internal Kemper effects that are already in the reference profile like overdrives, delay, reverb with the new profile. But that's it.

It is impossible that the reference profile ITSELF has ANY tonal impact on a new profile. That's not how the profiling process does work!

The reference profile is only for you to compare, but there is no "matching" or anything going on with that while profiling your amp. It doesn't matter which reference profile you choose. If there are differences, than something else is overseen (activated Kemper effects that come from one of the reference rigs) or has an influence.

Ich kann im Internet alles finden - etwas über das ich mich aufregen kann, reviews die mir das gekaufte noch toller erscheinen lassen, kritiker die mein lieblings"irgendwas" zerpflücken, foren in denen etwas nur abgefeiert wird.

Alt bekannt...

First: When I am telling here, the thread is moved to "third party rigs discussion".

Second: A lot of profilers / sellers do "things" that people are not aware of. If the result is o.k., I can live with it. And it is sometimes interesting and somehow the identity of those rigs. Others would call it cheating maybe ;) Or creative in one or the other way...

Seriously, who would be interested to buy a profile made with a third party IR ? I certainly would not. Which make me think this whole discussion was perhaps interesting in a pure "let's pretend..." sort of way, but not through all theses pages and with all the heat since this is a "problem" that we will probably never have.

I understand what you are saying. But people are already buying profiles with IR (instead of profiled cabs). Or profiles made with Two Notes Torpedo or with OX. So this is nothing new.

Making a profile of an amp = looking at that amp through a keyhole (as in you don't get the complete amp + cab in the room, you get a representation of ONE possible sound - which can then be tweaked further).

Making an IR = same - looking at the cab through a keyhole

Converting an IR to a kemper cab = getting the whole IR - NOT just a "keyhole representation". Thus, not the same thing.

Making profiles of all settings of an analog hardware cabsim (like the Palmer pdi 03 jb for example) IS getting the whole unit! This is not a keyhole representation.

You could say almost the same with direct amp profiles. There are not too many options that make sense - you can easily capture "everything needed" of an amp head. And with direct amp profiles there is no human factor or talent needed. Everyone can do it. If you make "exaggerated" 500 direct amp profiles of a 1 channel amp head - selling that pack is not a keyhole representation, it's the whole beast!

I did the request 8) And I trusted Tim to get it done right: Nice poweramp profiles for preamps like my Orange Bax Bangeetar. So I did go to bed after the request and some nice chatting... and next morning I woke up and he already has done it!!

I have little time until the weekend, but I am trying at the moment. So far it is exactly what I wanted. It is totally flexible with small adjustments of Definition (really great). This 2 rigs are a big benefit for me and will make my recording chain (when using preamp pedals) a lot more easier.

Have I said he didn't charge extra? He just made kind of custom rigs for free. And there are 150 other profiles in the pack- this Orange pack just makes me happy :love:

Persoanlly....I don't think that type of thing is acceptable on a £2k guitar..Its been rumoured for a long time that Gibson suffers quality issues.

Never had any desire to buy a genuine Les Paul, never found one I liked but as said before, if you like it then it can be fixed/improved relatively easily.

Musicman, PRS Suhr, Tom Anderson....personally, OR custom made....I had a guitar custom made for my birthday...even better!!

Yeah, it's kind of not acceptable. But the brands you mentioned all have their flaws. Look at this PRS Silver Sky. Is it acceptable, that the screws stand out at the bridge that much? https://www.gitarrebass.de/equ…sky-john-mayer-signature/

A Squier would go back to the store for this!

I love Musicman, but they have their flaws too. Their Schaller tuners they put on are mostly crap (I can post online video reviews; I had to change them on my guitar too). I have said it many times, the Musicman compensated nut for 25 1/2" scale lenght simply does not work. The first frets will always be flat. People don't care or don't believe it, until I "force" them to grab a precise tuner and actually try it. Then they hate me for it :D "But ALL the stars use the same guitar with this nut", they say. Yeah and they all sound flat or compensate with their playing (or weird adjustments). Most of the time they sound flat at the first frets. Could not be? I say to them: "Try again or at least grab a tuner and watch utube, if you still don't believe". Also look at other compensated nuts (for the same scale length) - they exeggerate a bit like Earvana, but are much more "correct". Musicman does it wrong - could not work for 25 1/2" scale guitars. Is this acceptable?

Could write about other manufacturers too. But it would lead to nothing new.

The angle has already been addressed. Besides this, the nut slots on Gibson guitars are often simple to narrow and / or not properly cut.

Most of the times several things work together: Slightly to narrow, angle, stiffness of string (contact on both sides of the slot), roughness, not rounded nut slot, material (bone is self lubricating).

Solution: Slightly (!) open up the slot in the right places with the right tools. For example (looking at picture above) on the complete left side and funnel-shaped on the back right. Then the bottom slightly sloping to the rear and everything cleaned up and polished smooth. In order to diminish friction using lubrication as mentioned above is recommendable.

That angle also has benefits. Besides the headstock angle, this (string pressed to one side of the slot) in my experience can prevent other g-string problems like vibrating in the nut, ringing...

With profiles we often aim to reproduce stuff as close as possible. When I profile a cheap Joyo American Sound pedal in some common settings or make direct profiles of factory presets of a preamp or capture an analog cab sim that only has 2 options, I totally "steal" that sound. Kind of "unaltered". When I share that rigs, Kemper owners will probably not buy the units. Because it is as close as possible to the original.

IR sellers offer IR that I have to convert to use with the Kemper. Maybe profiling an IR through an IR loader will give an even more authentic result instead of converting? So the seller doesn't even offer this solution. I would have to make this version with an IR loader for myself. For me no difference than profiling any analog hardware cab sim.