Posts by Ibot39

That is totally awesome - wants me to build one too! One day I will 8)

Please report back how your build is going. Maybe you can post some pictures of your 5F1 - close ups of everything :)

And I'll patiently wait for the profiles ;) Seriously, that would be very cool!

Hi,

here are 7 studio profiles of the clean channel of a Hughes & Kettner Attax 80 equipped with the original 12" Celestion Rockdriver speaker.

It's the old "vintage" ;) Attax 80 combo with blue lines and "flocked tolex".

After I have seen in a video (from another thread), that even Mark Cameron owns one of these amps, there was no holding back ^^

I grabbed a Shure SM57 and captured the clean channel with all amp EQ at neutral position. The clean channel is where this solid state combo really shines. It's therefore also a good platform for all kind of pedals. I loved it back in the days...

So, for all the nostalgic people who owned the amp (anyone around?) and for lovers of nice clean tones in general - you can download the small rig pack here for free:

Amporium - H&K Attax 80 Clean

I'll upload the profiles to Rig Exchange too.

Tobi

...I wonder how his differ from ReAmp zone, especially since he's labeling this as his 1st attempt at a Kemper profile for commercial release.

Yeah, would be interesting to know if Rabea did anything special here.

In the comment section someone thinks that the profiles are not that good and Rabea is kind of "excusing": "Well, it was my first attempt. Plus they’re designed primarily to use with a cab". I have not tested them, so I can't say anything about the quality myself. Could be that they are great. But I wonder why an amp company does not give the job to someone with experience / a real expert?!

Just wanted to say: Ash is right again (of course). This is a hell of a pack and the mentioned rig is brutal :evil:

But 2 Kempers, stereo, wall of sound, mimiq pedal ...pfffff....pffff....

I am old school (=true, necro, true, raw, cold, true and true, have I said true?) Black Metal!

I record in MONO (standard tuning, notes played backwards where needed, rusty strings (takes a while until they sound dead enough, but worth waiting for!)).

The only excuse to use stereo is for the song intros. So they sound promising - and than you get stabbed in the back by MONO reality when the track starts!

The looper demos of Ash always sound too good and "produced" for my ugly taste. Sorry Ash - it sounds like a stadium! Aaarg!

Only Eltzejupp is worse: Don't be fooled by the evil sounding name This guy plays FLAWLESS and has a good, perfect, blingbling studio sound. This is not underground anymore - I bet he will sign to a big record label one day! Can someone tell those guys : playing "nice" ruins the atmosphere! I guess they even warm up there hands before playing - no wonder they don't get the cold, thin and disrupted tone needed to please the dark lord. And always too little distortion (because they have cab section activated - big mistake!). No gain - no pain!! Get it? But noone is listening again!

Yeah NICE cleans - that's why I begged for more Archon clean profiles 8)

I totally felt in love with "PRS cleans" with the "PRS 2 Channel Custom" amp - my favourite. But the PRS Archon has an INCREDIBLE clean channel too. I have no guitar in reach and still couldn't test the rigs yet. But the demos sound very convincing so far :love:

This is the LOWEST level Jackson possible, I never expected it to be good to begin with :D

I've had a japenese Jackson RR24 in the past that kicked ass, super stable neck. I just wasn't down with the Rhoads V shape, I'm a superstrat guy all the way.

I have the same guitar (JS11) in black. I "locked" down the bridge with springs - and in this case also with washers under the height adjustment screws, as you can see on the picture below. This should last forever now ;) The tuners are the weak point - I changed them for some Gotoh I had lying around. I also filed down the nut slots a bit. Yes the nut is cheap plastic, but my guitar stays in tune perfectly!! I just pulled it out of a bag after at least 6 weeks untouched to take the photo and it was still in tune (except low E about 3 cents to sharp). I have zero problems here (the neck is stable too :/) and I am very sensitive to tuning issues.

It's the cheapest guitar I ever bought, but it is a serious and great sounding instrument - I even like the ceramic pickups on this one!

I recently changed the locking tuners on my Musicman Stingray guitar (just because I like a higher ratio when tuning up) and payed more for this tiny "improvement", than the Jackson JS11 did cost in total ^^

Here is the pic with the bridge and the washers

I think I need an employee - someone who downloads and copies all the updated rigs Tim gives us to Rig Manager. So I can keep up with the enourmous output from Tim ;) Do I complain? No way!! :D Just need more time, then will test and report back. Thanks for listening to your customers and all the good work Tim!

I have not bought the pack yet, but I will.

The Archon has an incredible clean channel - so please also do some rather neutral clean rigs that we can use as a pedal platform (for external overdrive, distortion ... pedals). Even PRS do mention, that the amps clean is an excellent pedal platform.

Id like to try to shorten it up again here. Topic was that there are profile presentations out there and customers can’t reach the presented sound because it sounds very different when using the presented profile. That’s all. No discussion about profiling itself or used equipment when profiling. Just a comparison of presented and reached sound.

I usually don't "use"and record only a single profile. In a demo I also want to hear what is possible with the pack! How does it sound double tracked and how in mix. Even the poorest hobby musician uses hi / lo pass and some plugins. Superb profiles can sound like shit when demoed alone, out of context (genre the maker had in mind for example) and totally unprocessed. Best would be: Isolated guitar tracks without processing + double tracked + in a mix + 1-2 sample rigs to try out.

For people who have not subscribed this is just what you missed out on:

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

I have the same amp, you can see in the video...
    ... the H&K Attax 80 bottom left ;)

Maybe my mind / ears plays tricks? I have little time today and will listen more closely this evening. But it totally sounded like a mic in the room was used for guitars too. This is what you get when you mic (an already miced sound again) over studio monitors. Could be, that I am wrong, but it would explain everything.