Posts by Ibot39

Pulled my Gibson Gold Top out of its dusty case and gave the free Pink Taco a shred (aahm o.k. - slooow shred :whistling: I am not that good player). GREAT! Boost on: GREEEAT!!
    Perfect Marshall Plexi tone - again :D:D:D

@nll

In the Marshall JMP Pack the "Green Clean" from the Plug and Play folder sounds exactly like the "Green Clean" from the Dark folder. Also time code is exactly the same and same EQ high cut settings... Just wondering?

And again, if copied all in one folder it is not clear which one are the dark greenback profiles. The Mesa Oversized however are named "dark" :thumbup:

Besides that: FANTASTIC Marshall tones in the pack. Very useful profiles - all of them high quality! You have amazing ears and profiling skills :thumbup:

50% off all profiles until Monday with code BF17 at checkout.
    (including the amazing Marshall 6100 pack)

http://tmsprofiles.bigcartel.com/

So there is no excuse for me not to go for the full set of packs incl. the great 6SOS you send me. Just bought!

OD2 of the JVM has lowered mid frequency from 650 Hz to 500 Hz from the start and wants to flirt with an american rectifier tone. Sad that it didn't work out as expected with the JVM - thanks for the free pack anyway :thumbup:

Personally I would not buy it - even if the sound is there. How can I explain?

Playability, form of guitar and other characteristics - for me - are part of the game. A Strat inpires me to play different stuff than a Les Paul. Even if you pimp a strat to "Les paul tone" - in the end it plays like a strat with "les paul tone" and not like the potbellied original!

So it's not about the quality or realism you can get out of variax. It's: How does it feel to YOU! I am totally unscientific towards such aspects. So maybe you shouldn't take my advise to serious and decide for yourself (for example I broke the toggle switch knob from my black Gibson LP Studio - I only had a white knob left from an unfinished project. Now I totally dig that guitar. And cause I do, it plays better than ever before 8|:thumbup: - could this really be? One day I make a blind test: black vs white switch knob :thumbup: )

Exactly, it's quite simple, instead of plugging in the front input of the amp, you plug in the Return of the FX loop of the amp and you treat it exactly like a direct profile.

There's actually nothing to do with the amp EQ because they no longer work as on almost all amps they're tied to the pre amp and you're tapping the signal bypassing the Preamp. Not sure if the amp volume will still work.

So guitar> Kemper Front input to help set levels then Kemper send to TUBE AMP FX lOOP Return. Speaker out into DI to Kemper return.

Thanks for sharing the HT-5 power amp profile - still using it!

I hope others are encouraged and will try it out with what they have at hand ... and share there power amp profiles :thumbup:

I am pretty sure, you can profile the power amp very easy like a normal direct profile, only using effects loop return instead connecting kemper send to amp input. Of course a di-box between speaker out and cab is needed to get the signal back to Kemper return.

So same setup as making direct profiles of an amp, but bypassing the preamp. Kemper should capture the flavour, saturation and character correctly.

Are there any other "power amp only" profiles out there? Or anyone willing to do some? Anyone with a Mesa or Engl power amp or heads with EL34 (or 6L6) power amp, who could do some more profiles?

I even tried to convince @Cili, but it seems not going to happen.

It would be so great to have some (more) power amp di profiles of some classics at hand (Engl 840, 810 or Mesa, Peavey/EVH heads).

I could combine them with merged cabs or IR and use them with my rack tube preamps like Engl E530, Laney IRT Pulse or pedals like EVH MXR 5150 Overdrive... Also I could run preamps of other amps (line out) through it...

Anyone? Or any idea, who I can ask for?

@mickrich
    I tested the 6SOS profiles - and cause I will definitley use some in future projects I will buy the set!

A few observations and questions:

1. Gate is set very high from default?! When turned down quite a bit, still no noise - and my playing benefits a lot
    2. EQ on X button is great for the mix and it's easy to go from there - very cool! Double tracked guitars sound very pro without any disturbing high mid fizz from the start.
    3. But what is the intention of the EQ on B button (single coils maybe?)
    4. Some of the cab names are tagged wrong - but that's an easy fix
    5. What would you advise for your profiles to make some a tad brighter - adding Treble or rather Presence?
    6. Is there a all-in-bundle you can offer me, when I want to purchase all the packs available yet?

Sorry for all the questions and bad english ^^

Trying my best here bro! Glad that someone notice that! :)

We ALL notice :thumbup:
    I am totally pleased with the quality, really!

I just did expect something different with the EVH cab ... and the merged rigs are tagged with HB (not single coils) :whistling:
    But the day comes, that I will need that rigs for sure :)

But to be honest, at the moment I listen too much ENSLAVED ... and have that special tone in my ears ... and want rigs that do f***ing BLACK METAL and of course DOOM for VIKING LAVA BLACK METAL or something... sorry, but days are getting shorter and winter is coming, you know.... not days for single coils at the moment here :D