Posts by Ibot39

Is pure cab automatically turned off when cab button is deactivated? If a merged profile (or Di with converted cab IR) is used, that would mean you are comparing for example a rig with Celestion profile (pure cab on) to Di profile with IR from impulse loader / daw (pure cab off). Also take care of different volume settings.

In the past I have made test recordings and have unfortunatrly found differences in sound too.

This topic pops up again and again.

Why isn't there a clear statement from Kemper team to clear things up and explain it to us? Or have I missed that.

An official statement would be really helpful and I think the user has the right to know, if Cab Maker is doing a 100% faultless job or maybe why it can not be accurate.

I would not fear high or lower fret height and give it TOO much weight.

Cause I am an "office worker" and had big problems with my hands in the past I take lot of care.

At work I use the mouse with left hand and at home with right hand (without changing buttons). That helps lot to recover.

Reducing string gauge from .010 to .009 on 25.5 scale guitars and from .011 to .010 on Gibson scale guitars did wonders. I even play these gauges with half step down. Full step requires .011 set for me.

I have 23 guitars with all frets possible (different necks and string spacing....)- the human brain seems to adapt VERY easy and fast. Only completely new guitar need some more time. Only thing I don't like are extreme v-form necks - that hurts after some time.

Because I do fretwork myself, naturally frets getting lower and lower each time. No problems (with maple necks) at all.

But what is much more aggavating is fretboard radius (and radius of the frets after levelling). Flat is easier for bendings...

Just my experience, but everyone has to find out what fits him best and protects health.

I have praised the "Angel PWR II"-Pack in the past, but I just have to express again how great it is! :thumbup:

We all know it is not by accident, that Guidos profiles are that good - he is hard working and focused to nail the tones. But with the "Angel PWR II" there is some heavenly magic baked into the profiles that feels unreal - I still think it is his best pack (if you like Engl tone). If not the best Kemper profile pack ever!

Of course you may think that is just my subjectiv opinion (after comparing with 50000+ profiles), but not here: This pack is god-send, crafted by Maestro Guido and called "Angel" - trust me, it is objective magnificient! :saint:

Thanks for the discount :thumbup:

I can say this are very good profiles! The Mark IV pack is great and the naming of the profiles fit perfect. Meaning "Tight Rhythmn" IS f***ing tight!
    "The Crusher", "The Whip" ... all real killer. And I really dig the "Just Clean" profile - very useful basic tone here.

The Engl Savage is just killer! (But as said before it was hard to tell the rigs apart, if you don't use the folder structure given. I had to proper tag and rename all the profiles).
    There are some very cool, gnarling (what???) mid gain tube tones I would not have expected from that beast. And thanks for providing the "raw" profiles in this pack!

This profiles are pure fun and and gave me a very "liquid, fast, smooth" feeling. It feels like I could play twice as good and fast as before... meaning I could now try to play along to your incredible great demos - with speed corrected to 40 bpm :thumbup:

Hey, I bought both packs, will report after testing them out.

I noticed something: When copying all the Engl profiles in ONE folder in Rig Manager, 4 profiles got lost, because they are named identically.

I think it is the Anger Clean.kipr, Anger Clean Solo.kipr, OS Clean.kipr and OS Clean Solo.kipr. They share the same name in the "Plug and Play" and in the "Live-Dark" folder. Problem is they have no individual "date and time" too, like the DI profiles for example (ENGL DI 05 - 2017-09-02 22-59-50.kipr).

So I renamed and tagged the rigs, but if one doesn't know - 4 rigs get lost.

It's true!
    I barely use gain over 10 or 11 o clock.
    But the Green channel on EL34 version compared to the regular and black stealth version has real clean sound!

I think he had EL34 too, but I wasn't that interested in the story and the amp - too many tubes and waaaaaay to loud :D

I think buying your pack is way more comfortable! I think I will do that...

EDIT: I think I said I think too often. But I think that is o.k. 8)

But with the other 2, Blue & Red, I assume you would like to have gain on both channels as low as possible, right?

Right, I have experienced that works and different character of channels is still there. Others will say, a bit gain for profiling and then reduce on the rig again will sometimes give better results. As low as possible sounds great here :thumbup:

By the way, I know a guy that borrowed the Stealth for recording and I remember him saying that he used green and blue channel, both with all settings at noon (including gain) exclusively - he was happy with no tweaking at all :thumbup:

It is always good to have one clean profile in the pack with a "noon setting" (or rather flat, neutral eq) that takes (external) pedals well!

There are quite a few people using Kemper with pedalboards or preamp pedals (love my MXR EVH 5150 pedal - so a good platform would be great :whistling: ) Not so many profiles respond good to pedals. I have noticed, the ones that work, then sound good with almost all pedals - high or low gain.

@Deadlightstudio
    PRoSt Archie in the free Kemper back is meant to be the PRS Archon 100, right? One of the (very) few packs I have not bought from the shop yet, cause I heard it is a dark Metal Amp. O.K. I didn't heard much of this amp, never played one for real... But I will buy now.... (the profiles of course, not the amp :rolleyes: )

Why? Cause I tried the free CLEAN profile. I am blown away!

The PRS Archon has one of the best CLEAN channel ever? Nobody told me? Does anyone know this? The other profiles are cool too. But a brutal Metal amp with perfect clean channel, really? O.K, not perfect for everyone but, if you like CLARITY, this is it! Don't have names for this channel: Pristine pure vodka clean, maybe :D

I use the profile with external tubescreamer pedal, can't stop! But tomorrow is monday, work day, you know...

Did I say I will buy the pack?

Here is my 2 cents: I LOVE using external pedals with my Kemper. I always have at least one pedal (Ibanez TS Mini, Timmy Clone, MXR Micro Amp or another booster) before the Input. Even if not engaged - it also has the advantage that the Kemper input jack will not be abused that much - I know I am crazy ^^

Cause authentic spring reverb is not available yet in the Kemper I use a Boss FRV-1 Fender Reverb pedal, that does a good job.

Also preamp pedals like Orange Bax Bangeetar or MXR EVH 5150 work glorious - and "feel" is very responsive.

And then I do something, I am very convinced it sounds brilliant, even if some of you guys now will look like this :/:thumbdown:;( : I put a cheap Digitech RP 360 XP in the Kemper loop. And I am totally happy with it :thumbup: No need for Helix or FX 8!

Distortion pedals sound close enough and really killer (Boss OD-1, different Tubescreamers, voodoo lab sparkle drive, exclusive Redline pedal...). I also use it as volume pedal, the Wha' s and for crazy experimental tones. The Lexicon Verbs are more than usable too. But the BEST thing is the EASY and super fast editor.

Conclusion: So instead of selling nice pedals a GOOD (meaning good for your aims) and much-cheaper-than-helix multi-effect could be an alternative. For me it is.

I have a few I could send from my early packs that would get this sound....I must warn you that they take a tweak or two to get proper as they were profiled with controls at noon...

It took some time until I realized, how the old profiles work. Even if I am totally blown away from the newer stuff, I don't wanna miss the old ones. I come back to them quite often - especially the DI profiles.

The trick is to dial in gain (mostly much lower) and then it is VERY easy: Just treat the EQ (bass, middle, treble, presence) in the same way, you would do with a real amp. Tweaking is fast, works familiar and results are authentic and very good.

I am newbie here in forum.I agree with you. They are a bit quiet. Which is the best way to make them loader? But otherwise they sound great. My favourite profiles have been so far Bert's profiles (I have them all) but these are as good as them. When are you going to profile more?

Welcome Kinde! You can use the volume in the Amp Section. Manual says "This parameter can be used to balance volume gaps between different Profiles". Then save the rig.

Or what I do: Simlply use the Volume knob on the right. Manual again: "The VOLUME knob on the right lower side of the front panel is the individual volume of the Rig currently-selected. Note that this parameter does not drive the sound into any power amp distortion, so it will not change the character of the sound, only the volume. The setting is stored with the Rig."