Posts by Ibot39

If a seller promotes his profiles as some of the best available AND it turns out to be true AND the pack is moderate-priced: :thumbup:

Usually I prefer untweaked, raw profiles and then adjust for myself. I have to say, that here the subtle finetuning supports an authentic feel and does not chance the core sound. The result fits me just right!
    The Suhr Bella profiles are great pedal plaforms too (for those, using external pedals with the Kemper). So I am happy :D

Ich ahne was du mit den Nebengeräuschen meinst. Das was da als abgehackt oder "knacken" oder als seltsame Geräusche wahrgenommen wird ist tatsächlich das "normale" Verhalten und die Charakteristik von (Röhren-)Amps. Ich kann diese "Fehler" auf "echten" Amps reproduzieren. Das ist das normale Ausklingverhalten (wennn der Ton ohne Vibrato einfach stehen gelassen wird; auch abhängig von der Position auf dem Griffbrett). Ich habe gerade keine Zeit in die Tiefe zu gehen. Es gibt aber auch einen Thread, indem ck dies näher beschreibt.

Ich hoffe du nimmst meinen Kommentar richtig auf. Ich will nur zur Diskussion stellen, dass meiner Meinung nach alles in Ordnung ist - auch wenn es für dich vielleicht jetzt schwer zu glauben ist :)

@MentaL I am always in search for clean rigs, that work great as a pedal-platform - and there are not that many! I don't know why almost all clean rigs, even if they sound nice on there on, totally suck with external (or internal) pedals? Why is that?

But here is salvation: The Peavey Classic 30 Studio profiles S03 and S09 now have there place in my top 5 (pedal platform amp).

Does the original amp likes pedals as much as these rigs do?
    The Peavey Classic 30 head seems to eat pedals like Ash eats rigs for lunch. Works especially well with the "preamp"-pedal MXR EVH 5150 overdrive, but also with these pedals :

I have found a solution that works for me!
    @G String has pointed the direction, but now will throw his hands up in despair :whistling: Please be merciful... and thank you for the hint :saint:

He suggested "flat topology" and while driving home in my car I had an idea. What is the most flat: Yes, one folder. So why not put all the rigs in one folder - one additional folder :D
    Came home - it took a while - but it works!!! Flawless!

So I still have the beloved folder tree structure plus I can search and look through all files very smooth in one additional big folder :thumbup:

Using the Kemper and testing out so many profiles had an unexpected side effect: I learned so much!

About amps (I only could have dreamed of before), speakers, mics, monitoring, eq, mixing....

So today when I start a new project I sit down with a white paper and consider: What sound do I want? Previously I had no clear vision. Now I can say: I envision a Mesa Boogie Mark IIC+ with a 2x12 and V30. Than open Rig Manager and have a selection of that combination within a few minutes (seconds when search would work better :P ). O.K. sometimes other combinations sound closer to the vision - learned something again.

Definitely will follow the hints from G String and Kemper support to get the best out of RM. If someone has any tips please continue to share.

of course it is unnecessary - you can make a whole album with a few rigs. But I love exploring, comparing, identifying gems... and having options :D just for fun.

What does it mean, that you don't believe I have obtained all the rigs? You are just surprised by the amount or what else? Maybe I didn't get it cause of language barriers?

I am in contact with and HONEST buying continuously from almost all sellers - I support the work of Choptones, Top Jimi, Guido, Armin, MBritt, Tonehammer, Cili, Reampzone, Sinmix, Petes Profiles, Mattfig and many others with all my heart - and hard earned money!

Thanks @waraba
    What you describe is exactly how I have organized my rigs until now. (Maybe using more sub-subfolders :/ ) And I like how it looks.

But when I want RM to show for example all rigs from one seller or all Engl Powerball from different vendors, RM will crash.

Searching in Rig Exchange on the other hand works great (because it is one folder only).

I know some of you guys here have collected a lot of profiles over the years. This question goes out to you.

I have "performance issues" with RM when using the search function. Searching in "All Rigs"(showing over 50000 rigs) is nearly not possible any more. So I contacted Kemper support.

The feedback is (translated): "We have never seen anyone who has so many rigs in Rig Manager. This is where your problem basically lies too."
    I think they never have heard of Ash @ashtweth :D

Second, I do use a folder structure to organize. Better and faster would be searching in one big folder or using tags in generally instead. That is helpful information and very logic (searching from the top of folder tree is much slower than searching in one folder). So I have to completely rethink the way to store rigs, no doubt.

How do you guys with big collections structure RM or organize rigs? Do you delete some and store only on hard disk? Or do you use less but bigger folders? Searching with tags alone is not satisfying at all cause in many rigs information is missing or they do have funny desciptions only.

I need help and inspiration here. Maybe you could post pictures or give me advices. Thanks!

EDIT: My solution at the moment, see post 10.

The link doesn't seem to work for me

@Robman Just search in Rig Exchange "Houseknecht" or Amp Name "Hot Rod DeVille ML" for the Michael Landau Deville and you will find them.

The clean one is the best Pedal-Platform-Profile so far - just a tubescreamer and this: Guitar Heaven!
    And the two with Wampler Plexi Drive and Carl Martin Plexitone baked in are killer too.
    Also look at the Dave Chamberlin "DC-Blues Deville Cln" rig. It is the normal Deville, but with Vintage 30 - different flavour but also really great for pedals.