Posts by Ibot39

Excellent profiles! I am so glad that I have found them.

And the clean profile is a perfect pedal platform! I am always searching for good pedal platform rigs. But there are not many. The only other killer profile that works perfect with external pedals is a Hot Rod Deville as well (also on Rig Exchange from Dave Chamberlin).

Thank you Karl for sharing this. I am so happy now :thumbup:

After testing the profiles my conclusion is: :thumbup:
    The pack does exactly what the author is advertising. You get the Blackmore sound from the mentioned era.

Humbuckers are possible, other 70s rock-sounds with a little tweaking. But the real soul of this pack is authentic Blackmore-tone! For this it was created with an ear for details and this is were the rigs shine!
    Thanks for the nice pictures that complement this special pack (maybe should be included in the download).

Du machst mich fertig :D

Aber na gut: : Die "Rig Packs" die du erwähnst wurden von der Firma Kemper zur Verfügung gestellt.

Der richtige Ort, um deine eigenen oder zusätzlich erworbene Rigs zu archivieren ist "Local Library". Diese findest du direkt unter "All Rigs".

Nächster Schritt: Auf "Local Library" mit rechter Maustaste - "Add Folder" auswählen. In den neu erstellten Ordner kannst du nun die Rigs von deinem Ordner auf der Festplatte kopieren (rechte Maustaste auf gesamten Ordner im PC - "kopieren", im Rig Manager "einfügen"). Ich würde den Ordnername erst nach dem kopieren im RM ändern, da hier sonst gerne mal das kopieren nicht funktioniert (rechte Maustaste - Rename).

Du kannst auch eine Dateistruktur anlegen, indem du wieder mit der rechten Maustaste auf den neu erstellten Ordner klickst und auch hier "Add Folder" auswählst.

Jetzt ist es auch möglich die Rigs direkt vom Rig Manager auf den Profiler zu kopieren oder auch erstmal im Rig Manager durchzuhören. Änderungen bzw. neu abgespeicherte Rigs findest du nur auf dem Profiler wieder.

Hoffe das war hilfreich.

A better solution would be a global boost with some toneshaping options (like the Seymour Duncan Pickup Booster, but in the Kemper). I had a similar question but have not found a satisfying answer.

Dist Sense and Clean Sense do not the same trick as a booster or hotter pu, when stomp boxes are integrated into the rig or with light crunch sounds (my experience so far and how I understood the manual). Maybe a (locked) preset of pure boost or EQ stomp with added gain may work for you (activated when changing to strat).

I was surprised because all hifi setups I am familiar with did change or "colour" the tone very audible compared to any studio monitors I know (boosting either lows or highs, or both, strange high mids and so on). And I think this is not only cause of the amplifier, but also the speakers themselfs are tuned?

For example I remember my blue covered Technics speakers. You could have connected them to every source and blast all kinds of music through them, everything sounded "really good", "nice", "warm" and "relaxed" and very similar for the ears. Back in time I recorded and mixed cold, grim and frostbitten black metal ( :saint: ). Damned, even the badest fizzy shaver guitar tone sounded nice and warm with the Technics speakers - not joking! But it was and would be impossible to use these speakers for mixing!

But I really consider to somehow integrate the Yamaha NX-E 400 in my setup, now that they are awaken from their sleep.

o.k. - luckily I have no reputation to loose - but for sure with this post I also will not gain any in the near future :D

Some guys here know that I was moving to another village. Because the house I rent is a new building, I can not use the big cellar at the moment. But my wife allowed me to use the smallest room upstairs to host thousands of cd's, books, 22 guitars and other sensitive junk :thumbup:

Recently I found the old yamaha hifi system with sub from my wife in a carefully sealed moving box. Cause there is hardly any other work to be done, I was trying out the hifi system with cd, then connected as monitor system for fun.

First I thought the new room is tricking my ears, but after intense testing (no measerement - just ears) and comparing to Yamaha hs 5, Shure SRH840 and other hifi speakers with some reference tracks, I am shocked quite a bit about the result.

The Yamaha so-called NX-E 400 plus sub are the closest I could get to the linear and balanced sound of my beloved Shure SRH840 (I always preferred this headphones cause it does not overdo with mids and highs).

I am not perfectly satisfied with the somewhat fizzling highs of the hs 5, but after testing several other monitors in different price range they were the best compromise.

Now I am a bit shocked because the "not nearfield", passive hifi speakers Yamaha NX-E 400 deliver a very detailed, balanced and as I judge surprisingly honest, linear and neutral hearing experience - very close to the Shure SRH840, but without the limitations of a headphone (again no measurement done yet).

Could not be possible?!?

just picked up a pack of the SRV stuff,, worked fine with Pay Pal,,
    Ill check in later after a little playin,, thanks,, very reasonable,,very nice indeed

@unclemar What's your experience with the profiles so far?

Can't decide to buy yet, cause of the heavy tweaking done to the rigs. And seller did not respond until now - seems they visit the forum not so often.

Read what you have written and think again. What you describe is not making "presets".
    It's: How can I make quick money with small effort.

Besides that it is not allowed: No one will buy this!

Thanks for the replies! I know the description from Seymour Duncan - but I played several strats with jb jr. (250 kpots) and all did sound similar. Definitely lower output than a full size "high output" humbucker. I know how to set up guitars and it is already carefully balanced. I don't want to change things here.

Just wondering if it is possible to have a global boost first in chain. Would be useful with other guitars too (that have proven low output pups ;) )

Hi guys,
    currently I am using a MXR Micro Amp before the Kemper input to boost the signal of a strat to compensate for the weaker level of the Jeff Beck Junior PU in bridge position. I like the combination and have no plans to change the pickup.

But it would be very cool and comfortable, if I could achieve the same with the Kemper alone, without a boost pedal in front.

Dist Sense unfortunately does not what I am aiming for. I want to boost the whole chain before the amp too, including already activated boost or overdrive stomps.

Locking Pure Boost stomp in slot A will displace other stomps that are already intended there from the creator of the rig.

So my question: Is there any global setting comparable to what the Pure Boost stomp does? Any other ideas?

Thanks for the information! I have heard both Fame cabs in action (I think with Vintage 30) and tried out the 2x12 at home. I remember that they were suprisingly balanced in tone. So i am curious how it sounds with the Scumback speaker. Sometimes "cheaper" cabs work very well in the chain (I really like my cheap VOX 1x12 with the infamous Seventy 80 - sounds especially good with Kemper DI profiles).

I will also check out the older DI profiles from you on Rig Exchange.

One question: Can you give the buyers the earlier profiles with Marshall 1960 4x12 cab as a bonus - or maybe for a few bucks more? I am using Les Pauls more often and maybe this will fit my taste of sound then?
    Anyway, I will take a shower, buy your profiles, clean the garden grill before it starts raining - then grab my white Fender Strat or Tele with maple neck to give it a try. (o.k. maybe I should change the order to avoid small fingerprints cause of ash. Ah, Ash: @ashtweth you bite here too? Profiles for Strat and single coils? Come on 8) )

I like to tweak profiles and explore the possibilities of the Kemper. But here in this case I think less could be more.

One thing is, that Godi does encourage the user to further tweak the sound and experiment, but there is no "neutral" starting point given. So you are tweaking an already tweaked profile.

And I don't understand why on the one hand top notch equipment is used to provide the most authentic and "uncoloured" result in the profiling process (like Vovox cables), but then again tweaks like cab character or power sagging were done. Sometimes it seems one setting does also compensate other tweaks and sound becomes rather artificial than better in the end. Of course I can only TRY to undo the tweaks and I don't know how the original sound was (what of course is the most interesting thing with those special amps).

Many guys for sure will like the dialed in and ready to use profiles, but because such a historic Marshall library was profiled, the initially raw profiles or the option to buy a collection of those would be LOVED by Marshall enthusiasts.

I am really blown away from the amp collection Katzbach offers here 8o Wow!
    But... after trying the free profiles I have to say that for my taste there is too much tweaking done to the profiles (cab character, definition, power sagging, pick, compressor, eq, boost...). I know this is meant as some kind of fine tuning, but for me the profiles sound better (less dull AND more "authentic", when I try to "undo" the settings and EQ. Problem is that I don't know exactly what the original definition setting was and so on - and it is too much work to make every step undone. It would be perfect, if we can get the pure and untreated profiles and the tweaked ones as a bonus.

@godi Do you still have the "untweaked" profiles and can make them available? I then will definitely buy the "All Bundle" plus will pay extra for the "raw profiles".

@Monkey_Man Every word we say or write and every action we do has consequences (chances something)... call it karma or something else, we are responsible for it in one way or another. But we are also responsible, how we react to bullying or harm that is thrown to us. This part people often ignore or see it as a burden - it is not, it is a learning process and gives you true freedom. This is also the key to stay healthy and not get eaten up.

I don't believe in coincidence and we never just talk about a "device" only here in this forum. We are humans, we always bring in our our personal views and feelings. How many posts here "by mistake" got deeper and made me (re) think about something. Call me crazy, but I had to buy a Kemper, join this forum and read through the "weird" explanations of a guy called Ash, to find out about "tumeric, golden milk". And that changed a lot to me!! (I just have to find out, when to drink it for best result: Before, after or between a beer :whistling: )

One thing I learned in life is, that not all people who share your hobby or a specific dedication to something, tick the same or meet my expectation.
    They can be completely idiots (from my point of view). And to defend oneself or a point of view in the internet can be an unhealthy trap... and time killer.

And no, using a Kemper or joining a forum does not automatically make someone a nice person (but eventually a bully with better sound ^^ ).

You will find every kind of people also in this forum - I don't give advise how to deal with that. I personally like the attitude of sinmix - even if some comments are "rude" it makes me laugh and he knows what REALLY is important in life (sorry, not kemper... maybe family, health, o.k. cabs :D ). And he is coming back after he is banished every time.

Taking a time-out is not the badest thing, by the way. Sometimes if you don't go away from it voluntarily, something happens and you are forced to take the time and recover.

This is my first post since... weeks....and I wasn't able to even touch a Kemper in this time, but there ARE more important things in life and you get new perdpectives... and Dimi after the storm calmed, you should come back!