Posts by Ibot39

And information missing: Used cab, real cab, speakers, boosted/unboosted, mics, studio / merged...

What does "customized" after profiling mean?

Are all clean or all crunch profiles the same settings and only different effects activated? Or are all 10 rigs profiled with various amp / cab /mic settings?

Amporium - Marshall Master Reverb 30 updated!!

You now get 42 merged profiles for free. I added new rigs with many different amp settings - a few boosted with MXR EVH 5150 OD, Ibanez Tubescreamer Mini, Maxon OD808X.

You can also try the build in Celestion G12-50GL Lynchback speaker. Choose a rig with Lynchback speaker and lock cab - then browse through the profiles in Rig Manager to get an idea how this small combo sounds miced with a Shure SM57.

Beware: The amp was tweaked to work best with the mentioned free Celestion "Cenzo Celestion V30 Mix" cab and some other IRs I bought from Celestion. You'll have to do a little adjustment to balance things out, when using the Lynchback option. Or you can try two variations of a 1x12 VOX cab with Celestion Seventy 80, if you want.

All Kemper EQ settings are at 12 o'clock - so you have wide range to customize the rigs.

Here it is:

Marshall Master Reverb 30 Pack Updated

Thank you guys!!

I can make one or two merged profiles to give you a feel, how the combo sounds with the mounted Celestion Lynchback speaker.
    It is such a great amp! Yes, transistor. But in the best way, you can think of.

It has a great feel, when you give it some hot riffing - really close to a valve amp. For recording I sometimes even prefer this combos flair over some muuuch more expensive amps.

I also can give you some (heavier) stuff, boosted with this weapon: EVH 5150 Overdrive.

Here some pics:

It's me again:

I "kempered" my Marshall 5203 Master Reverb 30. I have mounted a Celestion Lynchback in the combo and done a Speaker Out mod to this great amp.

In this pack you get 24 merged profiles - perfect for pure ROCK!
    Cab used: A FREE Celestion IR called "Cenzo Celestion V30 Mix". You can get the free Celestion Impusle Response here: celestionplus.com

When "Cabinet" turned off, of course you can use the DI profile with your power amp and real cabinet. Or try different IRs / cabs you have already in your Kemper. I like various IRs from Celestion and think they have done an awesome job.

Here is the Amporium - Marshall Master Reverb 30 Pack for you:

Edit: UPDATE! You now get 42 rigs! Here is the link for the updated pack with some more specials:
    Marshall Master Reverb 30 Pack Updated

Let me know what you think!

I looped a simple riff, then recorded a comparison using Rigbusters Mezzabarba with Celestion IR.

IR Loader in DAW vs Kemper vs Kemper with Pure Cabinet.

First 3 riffs all Celestion V30 412 C SM57 Fat: NadIR - Kemper - Kemper with Pure Cabinet On
    Next 3 riffs all Celestion G12H Anniversary 412 C SM57 Fat: NadIR - Kemper - Kemper with Pure Cabinet On

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Tried a bunch of converted Celestion IRs again today. Conclusion so far: I got very (surprisingly) different results with different profiles. First I isolated some favorite packs (Greenbacks and G12H Anniversary Open Backs), but then noticed, that some "rejected" cabs worked brilliant with other (di-) profiles, preamps (like Engel E530) and pedals.

So for now, I am not a real help and can't recommend one or two "packs you have to go for" yet. Sorry!

The IRs are tagged for easy use, but don't take names as rules; e.g. the tagged "Lo-Gn" can sound better with High Gain Amps, when "Hi-Gn" sounds kind of dull. But on the other hand with my Engel E530 the "Hi-Gn" IRs sounded real fine.

The Creambacks G12M-65 vs G12H-75 had very different bass response. The G12M-65 very loose and with nasal mid range. First I didn't like it so much, but with some profiles it sounded very cool for vintage lead tones. Using it more and more! The G12H-75 has plenty of bass too, but more cleaned up and muuuch tighter. More modern (or better balanced) and very interesting for high gain and even metal.

In general you can "sort" some cabs out, that you wouldn't buy in real (but of course you are free to experiment - for less money and work). But who really does need a closed cab with Alnico Blues, ha? Vice versa, how often do you need Greenbacks in an open back cabinet. Almost always sounds better in closed cab. The G12-65 is classic in 4x12 cabinets for a reason and so on.

What I have noticed while testing various profiles, with different success: the di profiles from Rigbusters (Cornford MK50H and Mezzabarba Skill) sounded phenomenal with ALL Celestion IRs from every pack?! @Fero, how could that be :huh: The two amps sounding great with every f...ing speaker and cabinet... something magic in there, for sure :)

Bought 18 packs, converted 599 IRs and already saved all 599 presets/cabs as new rigs - fingers bleeding :) I will test in depth this weekend.

The few I tried worked real good - also with pure cab on. Maybe because the Celestion IRs sounded crisp before converting with cab maker, it's a bit compensating?!

I did not have a real WOW! experience yet - BUT: While using them I didn't "miss" anything in the sound and they seem to amalgamate (if not to say "merge" ^^ ) very good with various di profiles. "Sounded just right" - and that, I haven't noticed barely with any other IR out there, I have to admit.

I switched emg 85 to bridge and 81 to neck and got great results in a lp type guitar with alder body and maple top.
    Maybe worth a try...

Also did the 18 V battery mod, but using 2 rechargeable batteries it's more like 14-15 V :)

Purchased! Full and Just Play Pack!

But I think I really have to stop buying as soon as I reach over 7000 Choptones Rigs - and I am afraid, that will be with the next pack ;(

o.k. - maybe I'll take the coming Mesa Boogie JP-2... but then!!!

I decided to test out all the Celestion IR I bought with the Toaster.

So my plan is: After loading all (!) converted IR to the Kemper as presets, I'll choose an unboosted medium gain (Marshall) profile with rather neutral settings and save all presets/cabs as new rigs. Means same di profile with 599 cab/speaker options, in my case.

After that (and recovering time for my fingers pushing buttons again and again X/ ) I would be able to:
    1. Get rid again of 599 presets on the Kemper
    2. Use Rigmanager to simple tag the cabs and scroll through them easily
    3. Have an better overview (using folders and sorting by name and tags...)
    4. Compare all "Celestion IR" fast and simple, forth and back just by clicking and scrolling with mouse
    5. Compare, how different gain settings work with various Celestion speakers by reducing or adding gain on the profile, lock this and click through cabs in RM
    6. Search for a specific "IR", do a short test, then lock the cab section and try with different (di) profiles...

And yes, an editor wouldn't be a bad thing for this plan... :)

very fine, please share some profiles if you use cab maker , I'm interested in some test rigs.

I don't know, how to share profiles legally, when the cabs used (converted from IR) are from a seller?
    If I make merged rigs with a direct profile and "Celestion IR" everyone is able to use the cab - and not has to buy it. I don't think Celestion will like that?! MirekGR10 shared the free one - so this seems o.k. to me.

I hope Celestion will do some more; especially my favourite Lynchback speaker - until then I still have to move cabs and mics for this flavour :)

I bought 18 packs (that for me make the most sense) mainly for my IR Loader - still using my Two Notes Torpedo C.A.B. sometimes :) And of course will try some of them with Kemper too (next weekend). With the NAMM17 deal code it is a fair offer, I think.

G12M Greenback - 1x12 (Closed) – All sample rates
    G12M Greenback - 2x12 (Closed) – All sample rates
    G12M Greenback - 4x12 (Closed) – All sample rates
    G12M-65 Creamback - 1x12 (Closed) – All sample rates
    G12M-65 Creamback - 2x12 (Open Back) – All sample rates
    G12M-65 Creamback - 2x12 (Closed) – All sample rates
    G12M-65 Creamback - 4x12 (Closed) – All sample rates
    G12H-75 Creamback - 2x12 (Closed) – All sample rates
    G12H-75 Creamback - 4x12 (Closed) – All sample rates
    G12H Anniversary - 1x12 (Open Back) – All sample rates
    G12H Anniversary - 2x12 (Open Back) – All sample rates
    G12H Anniversary - 4x12 (Closed) – All sample rates