Posts by fallingcomet

Thank you all! I honestly was still thinking one track mind in that I would have the signal flow the same. It makes sense to have different rigs to satisfy what i'm going for. Essentially work the rigs around the pedals and not the other way around. Thanks!

Hello Everyone!

I have been searching for a way to have essentially what would be two sets of effects loops within my signal flow. I'd like to incorporate my volume pedal, distortions, overdrives, and other up front pedals without having to go into the input (front or rear). The reasoning being is because i'd like to utilize the kempers wah and internal gates prior to my tangible pedals. I also have tangible modulation effects that I can use the traditional effects loop and setup using the x slot and mono option near the end of the effects list. Does anyone know of any options or have suggestions?

So I went to the local GC and tried out a bunch of different options. Believe it or not I walked out with 2 Alto TS215 powered monitors. i was surprised that they actually sounded the best out of the available options there.

Hello Everyone,

I have an unpowered kemper rack running into a crown xls1000 power amp that I use for live settings. Currently I play guitar in a band, but have recently picked up a spot playing bass in another band. What I am wanting is an FRFR option that I can use for guitar and for bass. The issue that I keep running into is that I cannot seem to find a product that seems to be great for both instruments (wattage seems to be the hangup). I do not want to rely on the FOH as I play a variety of settings and cannot depend on the house sound a lot of the times. At this point I am ok with an active or passive setup. Wedges are ok, but not optimal as most of them only have one 12" speaker which would not be sufficient for the bass portion. Any suggestions would be helpful.

Thanks in advance!

So how about this. I am not a fan of using wedges and whatnot on stage. Using a traditional Cab is ideal for me, but finding one that is neutral can be hard. What unpowered options do I have?

Hello Everyone,

I have been searching the threads for what speakers people recommend for use with the Kemper. Currently I am using a Kemper unpowered head running into a Crown XLS1000 power amp. Out of the power amp it is running to an Engl 4x12 with V60's in it. While this sounds great, I have to turn off the cab profiles on the kemper. I have really nice ampeg cab with a blown speaker in it that needs to be replaced. My thought was that I could replace the speakers in that cab with nice PA speakers to use with the Kemper. What recommendations or standards are there that people typically purchase when looking for just the speakers?

Thank you all for the replys, I assumed that staying in the 500-600 watt range would be sufficient since the powered unit is 600w. If I am running Mono would that range be sufficient? All I plan on running powered out of this is guitar cabs.

Hello Everyone,

I ordered my first Kemper a couple days ago and I am very excited. I wound up ordering the unpowered rack mount with the remote. With that being said I do plan on powering it using an independent power amp. I will be using the power amp to power 2x12 and 4x12 guitar cabs with various wattage limits/ratings. I was considering this amp (see the link below). I know that there are many different options but could someone give me the general guidelines of what I should be looking for in a power amp?

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Cr…ifier-with-Onboard-DSP.gc

Thanks in advance,

Robert