Posts by piotrmaj

Well done, Kemper Team! Tested today Acoustic Simulation with PRS S2 and I definitely can use it instead of guitar with piezo. It is quite noisy with PRS (passive pickups), but it is probably my guitar picking up all the high frequencies from environment which are boosted by this effect. Overall I'm happy with it.

tubelube This is ths point of beta software: to find bugs so release version is better. Kemper is a very complex software with hundreds of parameters, many modes of opration. In such system it is very hard to test all possible combinations of changes manually, especially when team is small, and people are upgrading from arbitrary versions. And event automatically it is hard to maintain complete suite of tests for big projects, especially embedded. This software is clearly marked as beta, so problems are kind of expected. If someone wants to help that is great. Discouraging people from checking out beta versions will only make release version weaker.

if you need to have predictable workflow - don't install beta versions! Or check it out on different unit first, if you have opportunity.

And if you are curious what's new and want to help squashing some bugs - make backup, install beta and have fun.

You can look at description I left here, some time ago. It shows how to control volume but similarly you could control other parameters as long as you know their CC numbers. You'll need Kemper Manual - from Download section, where you'll find all necessary #CC parameters.

Morphing can be done by automating Expression CC#11. Wah is CC#1.

Victory Amps and Dr. Z are only the two I'm aware of and I'm also waiting for more manufacturers to do so. I'm sure there are plenty of musicians, who like myself, that will never buy real amp + cab for myriad of reasons but who would be willing to pay directly to original creators of amps to show support for their awesome work.

Legit use case. I'm afraid RM wasn't designed to be used like this (and given issues it has with performance management using it live seems to be walking on a thin ice) but you may consider slightly different approach, which would require some tedious setup work at first but might be better / more stable / less error prone in the end. You could give MainStage a try (if you're on a Mac) and manage your show from there, having connected computer to Kemper via MIDI. So whenever you'd be selecting a song in MainStage it would send appropriate MIDI messages to switch to the right performance. Switching via MIDI is instantaneous and you would not have to touch anything during the show. Additional benefit of using MIDI - you could reconfigure the entire show via MIDI (synths, backing tracks, what have you) with a single click.

Just for the record: read my post with a grain of salt. I have no clue how RM / Kemper work internally. I only draw this conclusions by observing the symptoms and also by excluding possibility of a trivial bugs, as generally I highly regard what CK and his team are doing (and I'm Virus TI user as well) and if the diagnosis / fix was simple they would just release the fix already. Maybe the ultimate solution requires a major architecture changes to the codebase which definitely is not a trivial effort.

By "somewhere between" i didn't mean literally USB connection, but rather I was referring to interplay between RM and hardware - something CarloLf better described as state management (which I have no idea where it is implemented). In the past there was only one source or changes - the Profiler itself. Now we have two sources of changes: RM and Profiler. Things can only be kept in sync if both sides observe same events in the same order. This is clearly not happening, RM and profiler are losing sync - and neither is detecting that the synchronization was lost (this is probably the first thing that should be addressed).

Having access to source code of RM would not change much, in my opinion. You could fix small thing in the UI, but majority of serious issues is somewhere between RM and the hardware itself, and to fix them you'd need access to the code running of units itself which for obvious reasons won't ever be published.

Bugs, which are purely in RM are fixed rather quickly, once reported. Performance management is currently a disaster but I really doubt the issue is in RM itself. That would be easy to track down and fix.

I would go even one step further and remove performance managment from RM (or move it only to beta channel) until it is ready for prime time. RM is great to tweak / load / edit profiles / IRs and it vastly improved my workflow. Once sounds are prepared putting a performance together on the unit is not that hard and works reliably. Not ideal solution but better than chasing bug after bug and falling into frustration.

I have similar experience with performance management via RM and I already sent a detailed description with screenshots to support. However we should not assume that you're hitting the same issue - so you should report your findings to support as well.

piotrmaj works fine for us, BUT again - contact support, let's see what we find. the simple truth is: everything we can replicate, we can fix. all the other things are well, difficult.

I must have been doing something wrong, then. I'll spend some more time with it today in the afternoon and will try find out what it was.

Edit: Actually I sent yesterday two bug reports to support describing issues with renaming a rig which is currently being previewed and the second one where performance becomes a complete mess after just a few copy/paste operations. Hopefully this will be resolved soon.

Same experience here, unfortunately - so far, RM3 is only good at browsing presets for me - every time I tried to manage performances it ended up bad (especially third point on your list is particularly painful - slots being reverted to original values, even after hitting "Store in Performance" button).

I didn't see anything in changelog recently that would indicate any change for better.